1 PM into MIA for POM?

jb008

Is a 1 pm arrival into MIA cutting it too close for a 4 PM Carnival departure out of POM? I'm a frequent flier so I get access to seats nearer to the front for quicker deplaning and don't plan to check anything (and low risk of gate check since priority boarding).

I'm coming out of ALT with earlier alternative flights in the event of SNAFU (e.g., MX delay on the flight, assume little risk of WX delay). The earlier flights cost more and I don't want to commit to the added expense up front, but if my flight arriving at 1 has a known delay I'd have a good shot of making it onto an earlier flight (for little or no cost).

This is for an inexpensive short weekend cruise so adding a ~$125 hotel stay is a reasonable increase in price that I'm trying to avoid going in the night before.

Thanks in advance for the input!

This is a bad mistake.

Don't do it!

You must be on the ship 90 minutes before the cruise.

Best case you arrive right at that mark and I am not sure you can even get there by that mark.

Worst case you miss the ship.

I highly recommend flying in the day or night before the cruise.

Keith

Wow. So you know that a 4 pm departure means a check-in of no later than 2:30 pm, right?

NO WAY I would risk this. It's not worth the stress to try and save a few bucks.

Exactly! I agree with you Langley!

Archived