5 Star Mariner Benefits

Mekka

As Five Star Mariners, we get all the benefits of Four Star plus those added for Five *.

So, yes, after we have our free Pinnacle, Tamarind and Canaletto, any additional dinners there would be the half price rate.

would you also get a 50% discount in the specialty dining rooms after the 2 free Pinnacles since they are offered to 4 stars?

I did. The free dinners were applied first, then the 50% discount dinner benefit kicked in.

We will get our new 5 star status on our next cruise in December. I am really looking forward to it. The following cruise we get to enjoy the new benefits. We will love the PG dinners, the spa, and the cooking classes. Won't be using the internet though, we never do when onboard.

On a 7 day cruise I figure that we will rarely eat in the dining room.

We each get 2 free Pinnacle dinners -- that is 2 nights in the Pinnacle. Then we get a free dinner from AMEX Platinum. Now we are up to 3 nights not eating in the dining room. We always go to Le Cirque -- now 4 nights not eating in the dining room.

If we are on the Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam we always like to eat a couple of times in the Tamarind.

Ah -- that is 7 nights not eating in the dining room.

On a 7 day cruise I figure that we will rarely eat in the dining room.

We each get 2 free Pinnacle dinners -- that is 2 nights in the Pinnacle. Then we get a free dinner from AMEX Platinum. Now we are up to 3 nights not eating in the dining room. We always go to Le Cirque -- now 4 nights not eating in the dining room.

If we are on the Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam we always like to eat a couple of times in the Tamarind.

Ah -- that is 7 nights not eating in the dining room.

With the drastic changes to menus in MDR, that works for us!!! :)

There are a few dinner we like and as long as they are on the menu, we'll go to MDR those nights but we likely will be in Pinnacle a lot and given we had a nice eveing in Canaletto on our recent Westerdam cruise, we may try them again. We had only gone once when it was first introduced but had not returned until recently.

Did you try the cod puttenesca? Delicious.

I also like the bread with the thick, syrupy dressing on the table. I meant to mark down the brand name to buy at home but I forgot to. We liked it. I would have liked it more had the bread been whole grain/wheat.

I also like the bread with the thick, syrupy dressing on the table. I meant to mark down the brand name to buy at home but I forgot to. We liked it. I would have liked it more had the bread been whole grain/wheat.

I had the cod too even though I don't like to eat cod. It was quite tasty although the portion was not overly big.

I had the cod too even though I don't like to eat cod. It was quite tasty although the portion was not overly big.

We had ample antipasti so we were fine with a bit smaller portion. :o

But I agree for someone who did not eat much of the antipasti, they might have liked a somewhat larger serving.

There is no brand name. It is just a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar like the one used in most decent Italian restaurants.

[quote name='vb,cruisers'][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]For 5 stars, how does HAL figure it? Sea days only, or sea days and suites and dollars spent? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][SIZE="3"]The same way they figure the 2, 3, and 4 stars. [/SIZE]

[B]Star Mariner Program credits actual days, bonus days for spending and for being in a suite.

However, the Mariner Medallion Program, which runs concurrently with the Star Mariner Program, ONLY credits actual days on the ship (with the exception of land tours booked with HAL in Alaska).

[/B]

[quote name='Mary Ellen'][SIZE=3]The same way they figure the 2, 3, and 4 stars. [/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]Thanks for the information. I had heard, that after 4 stars they were just counting Sea Days. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='vb,cruisers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080]I had heard, that after 4 stars they were just counting Sea Days. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]They were because until recently after 4* there was only the medallion program, which, as Sail explained, is based on actual days on board (plus Alaska land days). [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Now that there's a 5* level, that level is reached based on the * system of counting. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]We have the Medallions and small oval lapel pins. I don't pay much attention to them, because we cruise HAL "for the love" of it....the staff and crew, smaller ships, longer cruises, etc. Boarding feels like "coming home". The 5 star bonus is nice, but not what makes us cruise HAL. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080] Sail (Judy)...I want to let you know that our mutual friend, Gayle Arcario, mentioned to me several times how much she appreciated your friendship.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Carol:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived