Just back from Island Panama Canal 10 day

sunshine nana

I lost my review after trying to correct spelling, so I'm posting my review here. We left Fort L. on Feb. 6th for what was a wonderful 10 cruise. The food and service in the dining room (we had anytime and also ate breakfast and lunch in the dining room whenever we could)was excellent. The weather was perfect with the exception of rough seas three days which closed the pools.

Our excursions on the Dome car train, Cartengena Fortress, Old Town and the river and the Limon banana plantation, rain forest and train were all good. Our only problem with the excursions was the delays in getting off the Island due to a broken gangway one day (we waited an hour and it never was fixed) and lack of tenders for the Panama excursions. The latter delayed us 2 hours and we could not understand it since Princess knew exactly how many people were needing the tenders since they sold the only tickets available.We did not get off the ship until 10:30 am.

Watching the ship go through the locks was great! We used the 'secret door" for a wonderful view that started at 5:30 am

The comedians were all good as was the female vocalist. The Production Shows were poor. I think their day is over! The piano player was very good. We did miss having a classical quartet.

All and all it was a wonderful cruise we beautiful sunny weather. I would be happy to answer any questions.

I lost my review after trying to correct spelling, so I'm posting my review here. We left Fort L. on Feb. 6th for what was a wonderful 10 cruise. The food and service in the dining room (we had anytime and also ate breakfast and lunch in the dining room whenever we could)was excellent. The weather was perfect with the exception of rough seas three days which closed the pools.

Our excursions on the Dome car train, Cartengena Fortress, Old Town and the river and the Limon banana plantation, rain forest and train were all good. Our only problem with the excursions was the delays in getting off the Island due to a broken gangway one day (we waited an hour and it never was fixed) and lack of tenders for the Panama excursions. The latter delayed us 2 hours and we could not understand it since Princess knew exactly how many people were needing the tenders since they sold the only tickets available.We did not get off the ship until 10:30 am.

Watching the ship go through the locks was great! We used the 'secret door" for a wonderful view that started at 5:30 am

The comedians were all good as was the female vocalist. The Production Shows were poor. I think their day is over! The piano player was very good. We did miss having a classical quartet.

All and all it was a wonderful cruise we beautiful sunny weather. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Sounds like you had a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Tried to post shot of bow, but could not. If you watch the Princess website video of Coral and Island there is a "flyover" of the ship and you can see the forward "secret" balconies. The forward ones are below the bridge. You go through doors marked "emergency exit". Two doors form an airlock. Doors are heavy also.

We were on Caribe (10) near the aft in a mini-suite, so we used the back deck there a lot. There were about 8 lounges there and it was a quiet place to read in either sun or shade. I also used the laundry several times. Very convenient. The only problem was a couple who were washer hogs. They left their wash in two washers for an hour after the cycle was done. Others hesitated to remove the garments. There is no excuse as the washers state when they start the number of minutes the cycle will take.

We still had the shower curtain on the Island last week.

I looked for the snob thread and see that has run its course, so I will tell the story here. We always asked for a table for two, but because they are so close, we ended up meeting many nice couples. Sometimes we talked a lot, sometimes not much. One morning, we had already ordered and a couple was brought to the table next to us. The husband yelled really loudly " I said a table for two.". The poor waiter said it was a table for two, but the man said it was too close. I said, "We won't talk if you don't want us to." I felt sorry for the waiter. The husband said to me," it would be like you are with our group." His wife was was embarrassed. The waiter put them on the other side of the room away from everyone. We had to laugh. How long can breakfast last anyway? We never saw them again.

We still had the shower curtain on the Island last week.

Thanks. that's what I thought.

I looked for the snob thread and see that has run its course, so I will tell the story here. We always asked for a table for two, but because they are so close, we ended up meeting many nice couples. Sometimes we talked a lot, sometimes not much. One morning, we had already ordered and a couple was brought to the table next to us. The husband yelled really loudly " I said a table for two.". The poor waiter said it was a table for two, but the man said it was too close. I said, "We won't talk if you don't want us to." I felt sorry for the waiter. The husband said to me," it would be like you are with our group." His wife was was embarrassed. The waiter put them on the other side of the room away from everyone. We had to laugh. How long can breakfast last anyway? We never saw them again.

Funny. Yep, there are idiots everywhere. Fortunately, not very many, especially on cruises. (We've never met anyone like that... just lucky, I suppose.):)

Archived