To Spray Tan, or Not to Spray Tan?

lillypad83

I'm super pale/pink/ freckle-y. Mystic Tan makes me orange, so I use the Versa Spa, and can generally use medium or dark without being an oompa-loompa-esque mess. However, it's February, so I am pale. The spray tan comes off in chlorine, and since I'll be swimming the majority of the cruise, it's really just a waste of $60.

I need a pep talk about how EVERYONE is pale in February,

... And, go!

I'm super pale/pink/ freckle-y. Mystic Tan makes me orange, so I use the Versa Spa, and can generally use medium or dark without being an oompa-loompa-esque mess. However, it's February, so I am pale. The spray tan comes off in chlorine, and since I'll be swimming the majority of the cruise, it's really just a waste of $60.

I need a pep talk about how EVERYONE is pale in February,

... And, go!

I am also fair skinned....I have been using Jergens Glow for a few years now (year round). It has NEVER turned me orange.

Start with the "fair" skinned one. It will take a couple of days before making a difference, but after that, gorgeous. :o

I'm pale in February, too, although I do tan pretty easily once I get into the sun. I'm glad to know that the Jergen's Glow works. I'm going on a cruise in 6 weeks and would like to have a little color before I go. I'm always a little freaked out the first time I put on my bathing suit because I look so pasty white.:(

I am also fair skinned....I have been using Jergens Glow for a few years now (year round). It has NEVER turned me orange.

Start with the "fair" skinned one. It will take a couple of days before making a difference, but after that, gorgeous. :o

I also like the Jergens Glow. It's a good product IMO :)

No spray tan....they do come off, as you know, and it looks awful and blotchy.

I like the Jergens Foam....no stinky smell!

I'd go get a base tan, despite the dangers!

That sure is good advice.:rolleyes: NOT!!!

OP, embrace your paleness in Feb. and love it, you'll not be the only one.:)

I am going to have to disagree with the spray tan being blotchy and ugly!!

You all know I dance in competition dance...

While I stay clear of tanning beds I always do the mystic tan a day before a competition....

LOL, I get the tan, leave there with no bra or panties and sleep in very loose clothes. The next day it is a even toned bronze. I dry off well after the spray and go to a studio where it is a good quality. The next day it is a nice color and in 2 days it has faded and a quick shower and it is history. I am careful that my skin is hydrated and in the best possible condition to handle the spray...

I consider myself a spray tan expert with all the competition I do yet for a cruise I would never consider doing a spray tan.... The life of the tan is too short, you have to be careful not to get in contact with water... Both which would not work for a cruise.... Not to mention the cost....

Everyone keeps recommending the self tanners like Jergens, I use it and like it. However, it seems everyone is missing that the OP said she would be spending the majority of her cruise swimming. The self tanners are not going to hold up and spray tans are questionable as well.

Thanks for your help, guys. I was curious about salt water taking off the tan- I knew chlorinated water would remove it.

So, I'm going to bite the bullet and I'm going all-naurale. Besides, in case of an emergency, I could probably be used to signal passing ships or something.

Y'all are the best!

I'm very pale too! My DH doesn't mind (actually likes it) and has taught me not to mind it so much. :rolleyes: I wouldn't get one for the cruise. I've done it for a wedding that I was in. Strapless, short dress, but just enough to "knock off some of the neon white." Just save the money for something fun on the cruise!

So, I'm going to bite the bullet and I'm going all-naurale. Besides, in case of an emergency, I could probably be used to signal passing ships or something.

Best quote EVER regarding paleness. (We albinos need to stick together! :D)

Robin

I am going to have to disagree with the spray tan being blotchy and ugly!!

You all know I dance in competition dance...

While I stay clear of tanning beds I always do the mystic tan a day before a competition....

LOL, I get the tan, leave there with no bra or panties and sleep in very loose clothes. The next day it is a even toned bronze. I dry off well after the spray and go to a studio where it is a good quality. The next day it is a nice color and in 2 days it has faded and a quick shower and it is history. I am careful that my skin is hydrated and in the best possible condition to handle the spray...

I consider myself a spray tan expert with all the competition I do yet for a cruise I would never consider doing a spray tan.... The life of the tan is too short, you have to be careful not to get in contact with water... Both which would not work for a cruise.... Not to mention the cost....

Thanks---no spray tan for me.

I did not know about the chlorine issue--but then I realized I really don't get IN the pool much, but I do get in the ocean.

I got a spray tan last year & love our photo; I wasn't able to this year & am not a fan of my paleness--this after 3 days in the sun!

If you get in the pool a lot, I'd forget it.

Spray tan will also sweat off onto your clothes, even a day after of tanning.

When this has happened to me once on a white gown the designer instructed me to soak the gown in warm water and Oxi-clean and the tan did come off...

Just in case you need in an emergency, bring some Oxi-clean with you!!

I'm super pale/pink/ freckle-y. Mystic Tan makes me orange, so I use the Versa Spa, ...... The spray tan comes off in chlorine, and since I'll be swimming the majority of the cruise, it's really just a waste of $60.[/quote

Do you really pay $60 for a versa spa???

I got one before our Jan cruise at Pacific Beach Tanning and it was only $14.99.

For what its worth....mine lasted a week, evenly colored and not at all splotchy, for a good 5 days. And I did go swimming too. It was the medium base clear with the after moisturizer spray.

Archived