FAO Mr. F. Del Rio

LEESRE

Hmmmmm....let's not take this too far folks....it'll be Jacques Pepin Signature Mushy Peas if we're not too careful :D

It's a slippery slope :p

You can get mushy peas in the Terrace with the fish n chips ...not sure if they were Jacques Pepin ;)

Ok fish n chips mushy peas & malt vinegar with Ginger beer to wash it down

cannot wait LOL

Edited by LHT28

• 3 weeks later...

When we lived in Africa my mother brewed - yes, brewed! - ginger beer. It does ferment. But had no alcohol. It was yummy. And when I was on the mariner last year and we left Bermuda I asked for a "Dark and Stormy" at the Observation lounge - and got one! Well, not one ... I had two and so did Ken.

Ginger beer is seriously good stuff. Mushy peas? I don't think so!! Maybe FDR can get us haggis though... (just joking, Mr. Del Rio!! I am probably the only person who will eat haggis for breakfast!)

When we lived in Africa my mother brewed - yes, brewed! - ginger beer. Ginger beer is seriously good stuff. Mushy peas? I don't think so!! Maybe FDR can get us haggis though... (just joking, Mr. Del Rio!! I am probably the only person who will eat haggis for breakfast!)

You would be surprised at what FDR can accomplish.....

A number of years ago, we sailed the Insignia's inaugural year to Norway, by way of Scotland. While we were in Scottish waters, a Robbie Burns dinner was presented, and a true haggis was served! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I said I would report back re Ginger Beer on board Riviera on our recent cruise. Sorry but it was not stocked in the Waves bar, but I did mention to the General Manager about my reply from Mr. FDR. and guess what the following day the Housekeeper knocked on our stateroom door with six cans of Ginger Beer and said if I would like to phone her she would get the stewardess to replace them.

This is what I call Customer Service, and a BIG THANK YOU :D:D to Oceania.

Also I would like to thank Dominique Nicolle, General Manager for his commitment to finding this in Key West, such a great guy and an asset to Oceania.

Lets see if I still have any cans left on our next cruise on Riviera on the 15th May, 2013.

Again many thanks.

Well I said I would report back re Ginger Beer on board Riviera on our recent cruise. Sorry but it was not stocked in the Waves bar, but I did mention to the General Manager about my reply from Mr. FDR. and guess what the following day the Housekeeper knocked on our stateroom door with six cans of Ginger Beer and said if I would like to phone her she would get the stewardess to replace them.

This is what I call Customer Service, and a BIG THANK YOU :D:D to Oceania.

Also I would like to thank Dominique Nicolle, General Manager for his commitment to finding this in Key West, such a great guy and an asset to Oceania.

Lets see if I still have any cans left on our next cruise on Riviera on the 15th May, 2013.

Again many thanks.

Inquiring minds want to know: What brand?

You can get mushy peas in the Terrace with the fish n chips ...not sure if they were Jacques Pepin ;)

Ok fish n chips mushy peas & malt vinegar with Ginger beer to wash it down

cannot wait LOL

Now that sounds good, except maybe the mushy peas

Mr Frank del Rio

My husband and I were on the Riviera January 23rd-February2nd. We did fill out mid cruise comment cards and end cruise cards.

Do these cards get looked at and does the cruise line respond?

I know the mid cruise cards will get a response if you have a problem that you noted on the card

Not sure if they respond to other comments but I bet they are ALL read ;)

Lyn

I know the mid cruise cards will get a response if you have a problem that you noted on the card

Not sure if they respond to other comments but I bet they are ALL read ;)

Lyn

We were on a Grand Voyage - essentially a BTB. We filled out cards both times and although we were very happy with the cruise, on each one we had a niggle. Both times we were contacted by the person in charge and a satisfactory solution proposed or given. We were very impressed. Yes, they do pay attention!

Edited by Tansy Mews

We were on a Grand Voyage - essentially a BTB. We filled out cards both times and although we were very happy with the cruise, on each one we had a niggle. Both times we were contacted by the person in charge and a satisfactory solution proposed or given. We were very impressed. Yes, they do pay attention!

I agree

Any complaints are acted on

If you do have a problem onboard do not wait for the comment cards ..speak to the person in charge at the time of the incident & it will be taken care of

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

• 9 months later...

Bringing this post to the surface again, We sail on Riviera on 22nd May 2014 it will be interesting to see if Ginger Beer will be supplied.

Last year, 2013, it was supplied on all our Riviera cruises, but not in the bars but put into our cabin fridge.

We live in hope. LOL!!!:confused:

Bringing this post to the surface again, We sail on Riviera on 22nd May 2014 it will be interesting to see if Ginger Beer will be supplied.

Last year, 2013, it was supplied on all our Riviera cruises, but not in the bars but put into our cabin fridge.

We live in hope. LOL!!!:confused:

Hope you have requested it for your consumption,prior to your cruise, as most Americans don't drink Ginger Beer so it is not normally stocked. Good luck.

Edited by orchestrapal