Bathrobes in a balcony room?

SunnyNy

We'll be on Brilliance in Oct. Are robes/slippers supplied in balcony rooms?

As of the first of the year they aren't giving us slippers. I think JS and above are supposed to get robes. You can ask your stateroom attendant for one and they will get them for you if there are any available.

As of the first of the year they aren't giving us slippers. I think JS and above are supposed to get robes. You can ask your stateroom attendant for one and they will get them for you if there are any available.

JS cabins will have robes waiting in the closet. they will also have upgraded bathroom amenities.

I believe that Slippers are only provided for those in GS cabins and above.

Do you get to keep the robe? If not, it seems odd they aren't provided to everyone.

So, since they aren't provided to everyone- it is really pretty shocking to hear that you need a JS, and not just a balcony to get one! Honestly, this would put me off booking a balcony on Royal. I'd just go with an oceanview. Because most of the time I've spent on my balcony on previous cruises has been in my robe! Guess that is good to know, as I should start looking at OV cruise prices now :)

Do you get to keep the robe? If not, it seems odd they aren't provided to everyone.

So, since they aren't provided to everyone- it is really pretty shocking to hear that you need a JS, and not just a balcony to get one! Honestly, this would put me off booking a balcony on Royal. I'd just go with an oceanview. Because most of the time I've spent on my balcony on previous cruises has been in my robe! Guess that is good to know, as I should start looking at OV cruise prices now :)

No, you don't keep the robe.

You could bring a robe?

JS cabins will have robes waiting in the closet. they will also have upgraded bathroom amenities.

I believe that Slippers are only provided for those in GS cabins and above.

Thanks. I'll get to check that out next month in our GS. I was in a JS in January and was told no more slippers.

If a robe is that important that it is the difference between booking or not, just bring your own.

As stated, once you are Platinum with Royal Caribbean (30 or more nights sailed) you get a robe for use on board even in an Interior stateroom.

I can't stand the robes anyway! They are way too heavy for me so I just fold it up and put it someplace out of the way. Wish they would have the waffle weave robes which are much more comfortable and not so hot as the terry cloth robes. Of course if you're cruising in Alaska then the heavy ones might not be so bad!

I pack my own robe.

If a robe is that important that it is the difference between booking or not, just bring your own.

Not between booking and not booking a cruise, but it is important enough -to me- to make he difference between an oceanview and a balcony. Seeing as how in port I've often found myself waving to officers on another ship (and almost always passengers) on another ship, I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting out there in a towel.

And pack one? That would take up half a suitcase. Checked baggage fees are way too high for that, which is one of the reasons I really like it provided.

Edited by skittl1321

Carnival provides them for all passengers, including the inside cabins.

Except on the Truimph.

They ran out...

The passengers on Triumph were probably extremely pleased they all had them, since a lot of people used them for warmth when sleeping on the decks!

But yeah, it appears right now, Triumph has no more- pretty much everyone walked off the ship wearing one!

As stated, once you are Platinum with Royal Caribbean (30 or more nights sailed) you get a robe for use on board even in an Interior stateroom.

Some cruises the robe was in our cabin and other cruises there was no robe. Since we really didn't care about the robe, we didn't bother to ask for one so not sure if the room steward just didn't get them for us or if they did not have any available.

I thought I read somewhere that Platinum can get them if there are some available?? If they have too large number of Emerald and Diamond guests, then they may not have enough left for Platinum.

I'm afraid in RCI's eyes, we are "nothing":(. It's our very first cruise.

Don't feel that you are "nothing" in RCI's eyes just because it is your first cruise. RCI wants you to come back so they want you to have a great vacation.

Most crew members won't know what your cruise level is unless you tell them or they see your sea pass card.

If there is anything you want while on the cruise, just ask. You may be surprised at what you can get by just asking nicely. The worst that can happen is they will say that they can't do that for you.

Note: One size does not fit all. Never used a robe even when provided cuz they don't get-em at the big and tall shop... If you are a guy with a coat size above about 48, just plan on wearing a t-shirt. Maybe they have some roomier models, but I've always been issued a sub-compact.