Yes I know this is the Royal forum BUT has any one cruised Royal and Celeberty?

toxicfairy

I want to try Celeberty but I am kind of nervous. I really love Royal and I will stick to them for our family cruises. Please don't throw stones at me they hurt...:rolleyes:...but I work with kids live with a 20 yr old and have nieces and nephews and when it is just my DH and I it would be so nice to have a few less kids around. Don't get me wrong I do love kids ! Ever since they added the Dream works it seems the cruise is over whelmed with the smaller people and this past cruise on the Liberty was insane. We sailed from Feb. 17 to Feb.21 and I loved it but they were EVERYWHERE !! The elevators where the worst when we got in one ( I take the stairs unless DH is with me he has a VERY bad knee) the little darlings in there exclamied "Great now we're goingto lose!" Yes they were having elevator races. I know that we cruise when the kiddos are out of school so telling me to cruise a differant time does not help...alas I work in a school and can only take off same time the kids have off.

I heard a rumor that Celeberty has less kids on their cruises and it is a bit more formal ( dress wise) . IS there any truth to that?? We will be Emerald after our August cruise so I don't think we will be leaving Royal but it would be nice to have a cruise now and then with the DH that is a bit more big people time ;). Not an adults only becasue when I think of those words I think swingers and such...LOL. I just want to relax at the pool with out getting splashed to the bone and have dinner with out hearing a conversation about butts (yes we had a kids table next to us they were very nice but their conversations got a bit ummmm potty-ish after their dinner was done).

Any info ?? Thanks !

I cruise both and love both. Celebrity definitely tends to have fewer kids. But, if you're cruising during a school break, you'll find kids on any line. A little less so on Celebrity.

Dining: Main Dining room is probably a cut above RCI. Specialty restaurants are excellent as well.

Entertainment: Major shows aren't quite as impressive as RCI, but the individual performers in the various smaller venues are outstanding.

Bars and drink service in my opinion are far superior on Celebrity, with better bartenders, and a much better premium drink package.

If you're looking for rocking nightlife, look elsewhere. There are nightclubs on most Celebrity ships and they're usually dead (they actually eliminated it on Reflection. There are plenty of places to relax and enjoy a drink with some music though.

I think you'll enjoy it. It's a nice change of pace from RCI.

Oh, and don't be so apologetic! Anyone who snipes at you for considering a different cruise line is an idiot that isn't worth your time and effort.:o

Celebrity is more sedate.We always have a great time and there is plenty to do. The shows are very good, lthough I give that edge to RC. The food is amazing. It is the perfect cruise for people that want to just kick back and relax. We love both lines. Be true to none and try them all. :)

Like both -- would probably give the edge to Celebrity for my age group. Have been onboard Celebrity with multi age group, and we all had fun. Was on Enchantment last March with 900 kids. Didn't really notice them that much. I don't usually go to the pool and had late seating for dinner. My motto is that a day at sea is better than any day on land!:)

We have cruised both several times. Celebrity will honor your CA level. Royal will not honor Celebrity CA Kind of crazy. Anyway if traveling with children we stick to Royal. If its just us we sail Celebrity it is quieter but not boring. Service good and food has been good also so truthfully we enjoy cruising so guess it depends on your itinary.

We did our first Celebrity cruise in October and to be honest, while we had a great cruise, I missed RC. Both my husband and I thought the food quality in the MDR was pretty equal on both but Celebrity did have more choices on the menu which was nice. We both prefered the WJ over the Celebrity buffet, but Celebrity has better pizza and the pool grill was a hit with my husband.:D

Service was pretty equal, too. Entertainment was a little bit better on RC and sedate is a good word to describe the evening activities, average age on our cruise was probably around 65! Very few children on our cruise, I'm guessing less than 20, but it was a longer cruise at the end of October which I imagine made a difference.

We will definitely cruise on Celebrity again and I hope you decide to give them a try, but I have to say it felt good to be back on Royal in January!:D

Sherri:)

We have cruised both several times. Celebrity will honor your CA level. Royal will not honor Celebrity CA Kind of crazy. Anyway if traveling with children we stick to Royal. If its just us we sail Celebrity it is quieter but not boring. Service good and food has been good also so truthfully we enjoy cruising so guess it depends on your itinary.

I don't understand this part. Both Royal and Celebrity recognize each other's loyalty programs.

we are cross cruisers......enjoy both Royal and Celebrity.

Celebrity is a quality prodcut. Those that say Celebrity is more sedate, it can be, but if you hook up with folks that enjoy the late night, you can find it on Celebrity....seems everytime we have been on Celebrity we find that late night crowd.....closed many a bar at 3:30am

As they are parts of the same corporation, you are unlikely to be stoned on this forum for asking about X. And since Royal Caribbean and X offer reciprocal loyalty benefits, many people have cruised both lines. I like them both. I would suspect you will encounter fewer kids on X and a more sedate atmosphere...it may be just the ticket for your couples cruise.

Try contacting Celebrity's Captains Club. Your cruise on X will not get you actual C&A points, but they will give you reciprocal treatment. I think you will get a some CC benefits on your first X cruise if you are Platinum in C&A. If you like to book balcony cabins, look at X's Concierge's class...they often do not cost much more than a regular balcony, offer a few cruise amenities, and offer double captains club points. If one takes five cruises (even short ones) in concierge class or above, one is elite in captains club and therefore diamond in C&A....it is a rather fast way to diamond.

Contact Celebrity as you will get the same class in their captains circle as you have with Royal being emerald, we are going to try celebrity next as now that RCCL is cutting back on the extra perks, celebrity still offers something for being loyal (no one yell at me but I liked getting the extras as it made me feel that being loyal to RCCL mattered. Friends have done Celebrity and say it is a totally different experience from RCCL but we want to try them. Have done Norwegian and Princess so why not try Celebrity at least they are associated with RCCL so the RCCL points count towards something

I want to try Celeberty but I am kind of nervous. I really love Royal and I will stick to them for our family cruises. Please don't throw stones at me they hurt...:rolleyes:...but I work with kids live with a 20 yr old and have nieces and nephews and when it is just my DH and I it would be so nice to have a few less kids around. Don't get me wrong I do love kids ! Ever since they added the Dream works it seems the cruise is over whelmed with the smaller people and this past cruise on the Liberty was insane. We sailed from Feb. 17 to Feb.21 and I loved it but they were EVERYWHERE !! The elevators where the worst when we got in one ( I take the stairs unless DH is with me he has a VERY bad knee) the little darlings in there exclamied "Great now we're goingto lose!" Yes they were having elevator races. I know that we cruise when the kiddos are out of school so telling me to cruise a differant time does not help...alas I work in a school and can only take off same time the kids have off.

I heard a rumor that Celeberty has less kids on their cruises and it is a bit more formal ( dress wise) . IS there any truth to that?? We will be Emerald after our August cruise so I don't think we will be leaving Royal but it would be nice to have a cruise now and then with the DH that is a bit more big people time ;). Not an adults only becasue when I think of those words I think swingers and such...LOL. I just want to relax at the pool with out getting splashed to the bone and have dinner with out hearing a conversation about butts (yes we had a kids table next to us they were very nice but their conversations got a bit ummmm potty-ish after their dinner was done).

Any info ?? Thanks !

FYI, RCCL will honor Celebrity Captain's Club status but only to Diamond Level

I've sailed on both lines. You can find kids on Celebrity as easily as any other cruise line, just depends on the time of year. I totally agree with the poster who said Celebrity isn't as sedate as you might think if you find the right people!

Celebrity does have a higher level of personal service and I found their food to be of a higher quality...but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy RCL. Since both cruise lines are owned by the same corporation, they are very similar.

We will be on our first X cruise late next month aboard madame Silhouette, cant wait!!! We bought during the 123 promotion and got the classic beverage package for free, then upgraded to the premium one.

Keep an eye for my review, I will include a comparison section at the very end of the review. We are also doing the same itinerary as the Allure (with the addition of Grand Cayman) so the review should be very fair in that aspect.

We are very intrigued to see what product X has to offer.

I've sailed on both lines. You can find kids on Celebrity as easily as any other cruise line, just depends on the time of year. I totally agree with the poster who said Celebrity isn't as sedate as you might think if you find the right people!

Celebrity does have a higher level of personal service and I found their food to be of a higher quality...but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy RCL. Since both cruise lines are owned by the same corporation, they are very similar.

I agree with this completely. The weekend you chose was over Presidnt's Day, and a lot of schools, here at least, had a 4 day weekend.

I have been on both and thought Celebrity was a slight bit more sophisticated. But DH and I love Royal too.

We have also been told that Alaska cruises do not have quite as many little ones as other itineraries. And a smaller ship like Vision might have fewer children, also.

I think you will have a wonderful time on either. The kid issue I think is very dependent on time of year, altho possibly the Oasis and Allure have lots of children all the time, as they are very geared to families.

Happy travels!

I have to say, we cruise both and find the service and dining much better on Celebrity. The difference between the upscale restaurants on Celebrity and RC, was guite alot. I know everyone is different, but that is just our opinion.

We have had little problems on each line...the difference is how they are addressed...on RC we felt like they could care less about our complaint, where as Celebrity bent over backwards to make it up to us. Its just little things like that, that put Celebrity ahead to us. That being said, we are going to sail RC this spring...lol. Mainly because of itinerary and wanting to save a little. But if money was no issue, it would always be Celebrity.

We love Celebrity and really like Royal. As others have said, the biggest difference we notice is the personal service. While RCCL is efficient, we don't feel that its service has the same personal touch as Celebrity. But that does vary from ship to ship, especially when their sizes are very different. We have only sailed on Royal 5 times and never on their mega ships, but I imagine the difference between Celebrity and RCCL is even more apparent on Oasis class ships. Even with Celebrity, we see a lot more families on Solstice Class ships than we do on Century.

As far at passenger age ranges, we see a bigger difference based on length of cruise and time of year than we do on which cruise line. On the short cruises in the spring...lots of kids and party people, even on Celebrity. On a longer cruise fall or winter, mostly older, calmer types. (As we are now seniors ourselves, its nice to NOT feel like the oldest ones on the ship. LOL)

If you want to feel truly relaxed and pampered, try one of Celebrity's longer cruises.

I want to try Celeberty but I am kind of nervous. I really love Royal and I will stick to them for our family cruises. Please don't throw stones at me they hurt...:rolleyes:...

Hahaha couldn't help to laugh at the "they hurt" :p

We have sailed both and I think you'll have an amazing vacation either way BUT Celebrity is my favorite (even though we've only sailed with them once :o). I love RC's ships but X has the best food out there, less crowds in general, and their ships are just amazing :eek: I just watched "007 Skyfall" last night and now that I was thinking about it you can easily feel like you're in a secret agent's movie onboard a X ship...because they're so modern and cool...they should make a movie on one of them :p:cool: Anyways I'd say go for it!

Archived