I Like Warm Beaches and Drinks with Umbrellas...So What's with the Icebergs?

SailorJack

This will go down as one of the greatest reviews/posts ever!

Den

Word. Simply brilliant!

I laughed till I cried. Stomach and sides are sore but worth it!

Hands down, the funniest, most entertaining review I have ever read........... I think Celebrity needs to consider a Sailor Jack cruise - what a hoot it would be.

I don't think anyone can write more entertaining reviews than Sailor Jack!

Good to hear from you again...thanks for he kind words.:)

Today my brother invited my sisters and I for a gourmet lunch at the ECOLE D"HOTELLERIE in Montreal ....truly not that great ..without showing off my food is tastier ..This nouvelle cuisine stuff leaves a lot to be desired !!! big plates little food ...and feh at best

HOWEVER the reason I bring it up ...is ....because my brother wants us to go Next winter to ....ANTARCTICA meaning South America ...Did I not say South America not for me ???WIERD EH???Insisted we Had to go .....

I would love to go there check out penguins whales etc but how do I skip SA ??

Prices are ridiculous!!! I do prefer TAHITI ...never been want to snorkel there Life is BIZZARRE

Maybe you are just meant to have a happy experience in SA! If not, maybe we will meet in Tahiti!

Have been searching for this review, finally found it, Thanks, it didn't disapoint!! Were you on our Alaska cruise??? the one where we were photographing our dinners??? (or our half eaten dinners, when we had forgotten ourselves??) If you are thinking of Tahiti, we are too, hope maybe someday to meet you and Sailor Jill!! keep those hilarious reviews coming, they are so enjoyable!!

Was not on the Alaska cruise! The mere word "Alaska" gives me the shivers!:D Our Tahiti trip is tentatively planned for next spring, but no date set yet.

Brilliant review, thanks!

Not sure it made me want to cruise in the cold again though (Baltic cruise in December was as cold as I want to get!) but if you could post when and where you are next going to holiday, we might tag along!

A sense of humour goes a long way!

Our Baltic cruise was not bad at all - but then we went in the middle of summer. As I mentioned above, Tahiti is in the planning stages for next spring.

I was on the same cruise and can't wait to see your photos -- serious camera malfunction has all of mine "trapped" in some sort of photographic limbo --

Will watch this thread to see when they appear, or let us know if you upload them somewhere for us to access, please!

Sorry I missed you on the ship! Sorry, also, to hear about your camera problem, but hopefully the advice above will solve your problem. I am having some problems with my Antarctic photos as many of them have a blue tinge to them...from the fog I think. I am trying to phoshop them to get the whiteness back!

fully agree! always, a true delight! I still quote 'the nightmare and the dream' - sorry, SailorJack, I prob. just messed up your title... I think it was that review when I first 'discovered' you - included a 'different perspective' on visiting the Falklands, if I'm remembering correctly...absolutely hilarious!

always thrilled when another of your literary works appears! - thanks again for the entertainment, SailorJack!

Thanks! That was probably my favoirite review to write. Jill and I would sit around the pool and draft the day's events and I am sure the people sitting around us wondered what we were up to.:D

Word. Simply brilliant!

Hands down, the funniest, most entertaining review I have ever read........... I think Celebrity needs to consider a Sailor Jack cruise - what a hoot it would be.

SailorJack, you do, indeed, have a following, 'celebrity-status' among many cc'ers. only appropriate to be a Celebrity cruise - I'd book, no matter where it's going! X could eliminate the singing-dancing troupes, musicians, magicians, contortionists, comedians (other than sailorjack, of course..) - how about it, SailorJack? sail for free, as I assume other 'celebrity' entertainers/guest speakers do. you'd pack the theatre :rolleyes:!

SailorJack, thanks for the hysterical review!

My partner and I were disembarking from the National Geographic Explorer (after our expedition to Antarctica) the same day you were all docked in Ushuaia. It was a bit of wonderful karma for us, since the day before we left for South America, literally, we'd booked a TA on the Infinity for next fall. So here they were -- our current ship, and the next ship we'd be on -- together in a place on earth so remote it's called Fin del Mundo...the End of the World. We could hardly believe it.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your cruise, and I was happy to read good things about the Infinity, which we've never been on. Here's a photo for you:

InfinityExplorer1024x481_zps1a8b6ba6.jpg

The Celebrity Infinity and the National Geographic Explorer, together at the End of the World

(photo by turtles06)

Thank you Sailor Jack. I have read your reviews in the past and this one did not disappoint. I am recovering from foot surgery and have been in extreme pain and this review has made me laugh for the first time in days and have forgot about the pain during this time so I can't thank you enough

Cottagemama fro Nova Scotia Canada

Sailor Jack

Hope you enjoyed Infinity as we really liked it last fall. Loved your review (like always). Spilled my coffee laughing about the glass bottom boat tour of the Navy, boy did that one sneak up on me. Hope you have thawed out.

Thank you so much for such an entertaining review, Sailor Jack. So sorry you had to leave Vancouver. Was it all the rain that washed you away down there to Atlanta?

We have a banana tree too Why do a lot of Vancouverites have banana trees? Are we trying to get the world to believe it's hot here? Ours refuses to produce bananas, so we have to tie plastic ones on in the summer to fool the neighbors.:D

I hope you try Celebrity again and that we are on the same cruise.

Another great review, Sailor Jack. I laughed out loud.

Understand fully about Ushuaia....no problems for me pronouncing it but the spelling is....:confused: 4 vowels in a row????

Good to hear from you again.:) I can handle the vowels, but I wasn't kidding about pronouncing it. It took our guide and Jill six or seven trys before I got it right!

SailorJack, you do, indeed, have a following, 'celebrity-status' among many cc'ers. only appropriate to be a Celebrity cruise - I'd book, no matter where it's going! X could eliminate the singing-dancing troupes, musicians, magicians, contortionists, comedians (other than sailorjack, of course..) - how about it, SailorJack? sail for free, as I assume other 'celebrity' entertainers/guest speakers do. you'd pack the theatre :rolleyes:!

Now that is one scary scenario!!!:eek:

Word. Simply brilliant!

Glad you enjoyed it, but I think as a standup comedian I would be like the silent screen stars who were great at the time, but who could not make the transition to "talkies.":)

Sailor' date=' so happy to see another of your great reads!

Again, so when will the collection be published in book form? I'm sure it would be an all-time best seller![/quote']

No book in the works, but another poster has gathered my first 8 or so reviews and compiled them into e-reader format for free downloads.

Thank you, SailorJack, for another interesting and amusing review. It brought back memories for me, as we did a Round-the-Horn cruise on Infinity 3 years ago.

We had fog as we went down the east coast of S. America and calm seas everywhere, even going round the Horn. Our itinerary did not go to Antarctica, so I particulalry enoyed your description of it.

Your'e welcome.:) We have done two 'horn trips - the Infinity and the old NCL Dream. On both occassons we were blessed with very calm seas, but this was the first time we ran into fog - and heavy fog at that! Hope you enjoyed your trip around the horn as much as we did.

[quote=Turtles06;37363397]SailorJack, thanks for the hysterical review!

My partner and I were disembarking from the National Geographic Explorer (after our expedition to Antarctica) the same day you were all docked in Ushuaia. It was a bit of wonderful karma for us, since the day before we left for South America, literally, we'd booked a TA on the Infinity for next fall. So here they were -- our current ship, and the next ship we'd be on -- together in a place on earth so remote it's called Fin del Mundo...the End of the World. We could hardly believe it.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your cruise, and I was happy to read good things about the Infinity, which we've never been on. Here's a photo for you:

What a wonderful coincidence! And thanks for the picture. I think I took one from just about the same spot, but yours is excellent.

Thank you Sailor Jack. I have read your reviews in the past and this one did not disappoint. I am recovering from foot surgery and have been in extreme pain and this review has made me laugh for the first time in days and have forgot about the pain during this time so I can't thank you enough

Cottagemama fro Nova Scotia Canada

Sorry to hear about your surgery. But I can't tell you how much your comment touched me. It is nice to know that something I do can have a positive effect. Hope you are feeling a little better now.

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

I downloaded the ebook on my ipad and have reread all your wonderful stories

You remind me of Stephen Leacock in your writings ...good job Sailor Jack

Hope we meet some day ...you should start a cruise roll call and see how many would go on. The one you choose

Where to next ???

michele

Thank you so much for such an entertaining review, Sailor Jack. So sorry you had to leave Vancouver. Was it all the rain that washed you away down there to Atlanta?

We have a banana tree too Why do a lot of Vancouverites have banana trees? Are we trying to get the world to believe it's hot here? Ours refuses to produce bananas, so we have to tie plastic ones on in the summer to fool the neighbors.:D

I hope you try Celebrity again and that we are on the same cruise.

As with so many relocations, it was work that brought me to Atlanta. But I was fortuante that my company had several offices in Canada so I was able to get back home on a fairly regular basis.

I don't know about the banana tree thing, but I started off with one down here and now I have over a dozen!:eek:

We will no doubt travel with Celebrity again and perhaps we will meet.

Sailor Jack

Hope you enjoyed Infinity as we really liked it last fall. Loved your review (like always). Spilled my coffee laughing about the glass bottom boat tour of the Navy, boy did that one sneak up on me. Hope you have thawed out.

It is a great ship. We tried to see the Falklands on a previous sailing, but the port was cancelled as we lost a few days getting repairs in Montevideo. Hope the coffee didn't get in the keyboard!:D

I downloaded the ebook on my ipad and have reread all your wonderful stories

You remind me of Stephen Leacock in your writings ...good job Sailor Jack

Hope we meet some day ...you should start a cruise roll call and see how many would go on. The one you choose

Where to next ???

michele

You put me in some pretty good company...Stephen Leacock is a little out of my league...he was a great humorist!

Next cruise will be to Tahiti - either late this year or the spring of next year...no fixed dates at this time. Have you decided yet to take the trip to Antarctica?

Ihave researched it .there are so far only 2 i found ....but they arevery expensive .Yesterday. i saw amazing race. In ....new zealand ....wow ...wanna go ...maybe convince himthis would be better??

Have you ever been???It looks fabulous ...like northern BC or alaska ...gorgeous ...these are the kinds of sceneries i like to paint ...love group of seven and their landscapes ...my style

Next cruise will be to Tahiti - either late this year or the spring of next year...no fixed dates at this time.

I know that the one on Princess in October of this year still has some room. If you decide to go on that cruise and I' ll buy the first round while we figure out how we got into this. I was originally going to Scotland. :confused:

No book in the works, but another poster has gathered my first 8 or so reviews and compiled them into e-reader format for free downloads.

Jack

Jack, do you have the link to the compiled format?

I am following your posts since 2007 the "Dream" cruise and saved all your reviews and when life gets to me, I bring them up and read - works better than any anti depresant drugs.

Please don't stop writing!

Agatha

I envy you going to Tahiti, Sailor Jack. We were there on Mercury's first sailing to OZ.

I think there is a cat back up my line somewhere as I really don't enjoy the water. Never get in the pools on the ships, hot tubs either. Anyway, that turquoise water in the South Pacific is compelling. I organized a Helmet Dive in Bora Bora for our cruise and it became the highlight of the cruise. We were down about 20' for 30 mins with our lives in the hands of the guy on the boat controlling the oxygen:eek:. this was a once in a lifetime experience for me and the closest I will ever get to scuba diving or even snorkeling. If you are not an experienced scuba diver and would laugh at this kind of dive, I really recommend it even if you have to get it through the ship's tours. Ours was private since they normally don't work on Sunday and he organized a special tour for us. The name of the company is Aqua Safari.