Silhouette Solorium

long time lurker

We (DH and me with a couple of friends) have booked a cruise on the Silhouette for next January. It is our first on Celebrity and I am really looking forward to it. I have a question about the solarium. It is our favorite place to be on the Royal Caribbean ships. Quiet and relaxing for pool time. I notice that the Solarium on Silhouette seems to be fully glass enclosed. When we were on the Allure that seemed to make the solarium a little warm and "Stuffy." Does that seem to be the case on the Silhouette. Also, in any photos I do not see hot tubs in the solarium area. Are there any there? Thanks in advance.

We (DH and me with a couple of friends) have booked a cruise on the Silhouette for next January. It is our first on Celebrity and I am really looking forward to it. I have a question about the solarium. It is our favorite place to be on the Royal Caribbean ships. Quiet and relaxing for pool time. I notice that the Solarium on Silhouette seems to be fully glass enclosed. When we were on the Allure that seemed to make the solarium a little warm and "Stuffy." Does that seem to be the case on the Silhouette. Also, in any photos I do not see hot tubs in the solarium area. Are there any there? Thanks in advance.

Hi:) I have not sailed Silhouette yet (going in April) but I have been

on the other S class ships and yes, there are hot tubs inside the

Solarium area. One on each side the Solarium pool.

I love it inside there and have never felt "warm/stuffy". I have

always felt quite comfortable:)

I think the solarium must have AC because its never had that warm humid feel. lways very comfortable and I think you will love it. My only complaint is that the loungers only have limited positions neither of which are at a comfortable angle for me

Yes, on these Solstice-class ships, there are two hot tubs in this overall area with its larger pool, lots of sitting and relaxing areas, etc. Even on sea days, things did not seem to get too busy. Really uncrowded in the evenings. Like a private club at that time. Agree with above that the AC seems to do very well and make things comfortable based on our June 2011 Solstice sailing. See a couple of my visuals below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 120,749 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc. The second picture is a night view for this space.:

SolsticeSolariumPoolWide_zps15de9fe0.jpg

SolsticeSolariumNightPool_zps83e15b15.jpg

Yes, on these Solstice-class ships, there are two hot tubs in this overall area with its larger pool, lots of sitting and relaxing areas, etc. Even on sea days, things did not seem to get too busy. Really uncrowded in the evenings. Like a private club at that time. Agree with above that the AC seems to do very well and make things comfortable based on our June 2011 Solstice sailing. See a couple of my visuals below.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 120,749 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc. The second picture is a night view for this space.:

SolsticeSolariumPoolWide_zps15de9fe0.jpg

SolsticeSolariumNightPool_zps83e15b15.jpg

Love it, when you post photos.

Solarium is great, but I like it best very early in the day...before it fills up. or later in the day when folks have left for other activities or dinner...The water is not crowded then & no din in the room that develops when it is full ...

It is not stuffy-- the seating areas near where the auto doors open/close from the spa area can be cooler if you like that

on some cruises there are many lounge savers there, & some of the super seniors tend to use it as a day room to sleep

Thanks for the photos. It looks very inviting.

gelo7: Love it' date=' when you post photos. [/quote']

YES, the Solarium is very, very inviting. Appreciate the nice comments on the pictures. It has been fun sharing. A picture can be worth a thousand words. One of the nice things about these Solstice-class ships is the innovative way things were done. Very classy, nice designs that work well.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 120,913 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

The pool is an excellent venue for exercise. After spending about 15 minutes in the steam room, I would vigorously pool walk about one hour, performing constant ancillary exercises while doing said walking. Of course, I would keep a bottle of water handy for constant hydration during said exercise regimen. Some days, I would extend the walking regimen to 1 1/2 hours. Also, while pursuing said exercises, I would find a place to deposit my shoes, beach jacket and bottle carrier other than depositing same on one of the benches, out of respect for other passeners who utilized this venue for relaxation and not exercise.

Archived