premium bev package - wine at dinner

alexspepa

What's great about the premium package is you can try several different wines during the course of your trips. I am a fan of the Medoc; but my wife thinks it's a little bold for her taste. She is a big fan of the Cellar Masters Cabernet. I also like the Zinfandel. It had a nice smooth flavor.

Once you select your glass & they have your Sea Pass Info, they just come by and keep filling you up. Some travelers have gone as far to ask the Sommelier to recommend a glass for each of their meal courses which could be fun also.

any special recommendations for wine by the glass at dinner with the premium package - has anyone used the prem package after the 1-2-3 promotion?

going on the Silhouette 3-31 - would love some advice/experiences post promo.

We were on the Silhouette Feb 3, loved having the drink package. Usually at dinner we like red wine & had a Chianti Classico it had the black rooster on the seal which is supposed to be the mark of a good wine. We do like Italian wine anyway, we were very happy with the prem bev page.

Would tell the sommelier the type of wine perferred, dry red, etc. Had the prem drink pkg and let them make the selection. Never let down. Except in the Oceans, had lobster and they insisted should have white. Brought a sauvignon blanc which is probably the only wine I won't drink. Don't like the smell nor taste. Traded for a pinot gris.

So I've been watching the reports and so far the serious/picky wine drinkers are not pleased by the package/by the glass choices. I'm still leaning to just buying bottles of wine as normal. Celebrity has a great wine list, I'm just not impressed with by the glass variety and prices. I wish it were different but that is my observation. JMHO.

We do select dining, usually by ourselves, but find that it helps if you discuss with the sommelier that you will want diffrent wines for each course or if not. tell him/her you will want two or more glasses so they know your expectations up front. they will then either make sure to circle back and match your courses with different wines or leave a bottle or just be attentive and top you up as needed.

Make your preferences known at the beginning and you will have a better experience we have found, as they are really stretched to serve everyone.

Like most everything else with cruising, travel in general, and I guess, life, it's all about setting and managing expectations.

Had the Premium package on our first Celebrity cruise a year back...highlight of the cruise! At dinner, we would look at the menu and select our main course. The sommelier would visit us, ask what we have chosen and recommend different wines. It was like wine-tasting heaven (for a couple from Ontario who pay double for everything and therefore drink cheap plonk at home!). I tried wines I never would have purchased at home, and learned that I loved drier whites rather than the dry Rieslings I'd been addicted to. What a special treat!

Can't wait for the 12 day Mediterranean this August!

What about if everyone at our table has the premium package, will they bring a bottle or two, to keep from standing over us?

Some people "sip" faster than others.:eek:

I have only read where this has happen one time. In my experiences they did not do this. But they did make sure we stayed topped off.

any special recommendations for wine by the glass at dinner with the premium package - has anyone used the prem package after the 1-2-3 promotion?

going on the Silhouette 3-31 - would love some advice/experiences post promo.

When we have the premium package, we discuss our menu choices for his/her recommendations for matching wines.

We have never tipped the sommelier other than the usual end of trip gratuity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to say I have struggled with some of the wines that were available by the glass. I do recommend the vermentono in tuscan grille.

They also do the card in cellar masters that you can put $50 or $100 on and then just go to the machines and pop in the card and press the button on any wine you want to try.

If I didn't have the the free package, I would go for the wine card - then again I may still get a card

Since the classic package was free and the upgrade is $220 + 15% we will pair wine with our appetizer but still order a bottle with dinner on some evenings. We also enjoy dessert wine or port so a glass after dinner will be an added bonus of the package.

Mary Lou

Or Thunderbird.....

Thanks I forgot about that one, it has been a long time since those days and have since been able to move up and enjoy 2 buck Chuck that has now increased to $3.

Will add it to my list. :D

Archived