All Things Adventure of the Seas

Does anyone have a recent photo of an owners suite on aos.? They have updated the website photo and it "looks" like they have done even more works to the suites since the refurbished last spring. Is this true?

Also does anyone have any info on Internet packages and costs? Does the "pervasive wifi" really work?

Sorry no p'ix. Have been in 3 GS of frie ds over last few weeks. They are very nice but just the typical GS.

As far as wifi....I have been able to connect at the pool and from my cabin the last week forward port and this week's cabin starboard aft. It sometimes takes a couple tries for it to connect but once it does it works pretty well.

I know the AOS just went back to San Juan, but anyone out there have any cruise compasses yet to share? :D

Danielle

I don't know if you've seen these yet, but

I've got all the compasses for our cruise scanned and put into an album on imgur at imgur . com/a/hPbam#0 (just remove the spaces. CC replaces imgur with ***'s )<br />

<br />

I also have a post made with the compasses in it here.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2133439<br/>

I've got all the compasses for our cruise scanned and put into an album on imgur at imgur . com/a/hPbam#0 (just remove the spaces. CC replaces imgur with ***'s )<br />

<br />

I also have a post made with the compasses in it here.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2133439<br/>

Thanks for posting these!! Exactly what I needed!!:D

<br />

Thank you for the link for the compasses.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to check in/leave your luggage at the port around noon and explore Old San Juan for a few hours?

Just keep in mind that even though the ship doesn't sail away until 8:30 - I do believe all aboard is around 5:00 ... the muster drill is usually around 6 / 6:30

I would double check the all aboard time before leaving the port area and watch the time if you do go back to Old San Juan. Taxis are easy to get at the pier, but sometimes can be a challenge downtown.

~ :)

That's a really good point. According to the Cruise Compasses posted above the all aboard was at 5:30p. The asker could easily check in on the ship around 11a, even have lunch if they want, then head back out and have 2-3 hours. I think Adventure docks at the Pan American Pier so it is a short taxi ride to Old Town though so they should also account for that time and cost.

If they've never been to Old Town it is worth checking out.

Tom

Just keep in mind that even though the ship doesn't sail away until 8:30 - I do believe all aboard is around 5:00 ... the muster drill is usually around 6 / 6:30

I would double check the all aboard time before leaving the port area and watch the time if you do go back to Old San Juan. Taxis are easy to get at the pier, but sometimes can be a challenge downtown.

Last week muster drill was at 5:45 PM:)

Thank you for your help! I will take all of the info into consideration. I didn't think about the taxis back & forth.

Mrs Allie- another option for you...

There is a bar/restaurant in OSJ called Barranchini (I have the address and photos in my Jewel Southern Caribbean Review in my signature below).

You could take a cab to the restaurant; they have a huge room where they will happily store your luggage for nothing (and I noticed it was safely secured). You don't need to eat or drink there, although if you want to, it was very good when we ate there (even though I was feeling a touch stomach flu-ish after our cruise and didn't eat much, my DH loved it!) You can tip the young man who fetches your luggage when you are ready to board the ship, and easily get a cab from that location. It's right in the center of OSJ and you could easily walk to everything and then plan to board later in the day. Their business model is built on offering this courtesy as they have a nice interior courtyard and gift shop and figure some percentage of folks will linger and spend some dollars ;) I checked it out myself and it's a no problem at all and you can walk to everything!

There is a bar/restaurant in OSJ called Barranchini (I have the address and photos in my Jewel Southern Caribbean Review in my signature below).

You could take a cab to the restaurant; they have a huge room where they will happily store your luggage for nothing (and I noticed it was safely secured). You don't need to eat or drink there, although if you want to, it was very good when we ate there (even though I was feeling a touch stomach flu-ish after our cruise and didn't eat much, my DH loved it!) You can tip the young man who fetches your luggage when you are ready to board the ship, and easily get a cab from that location. It's right in the center of OSJ and you could easily walk to everything and then plan to board later in the day. Their business model is built on offering this courtesy as they have a nice interior courtyard and gift shop and figure some percentage of folks will linger and spend some dollars ;) I checked it out myself and it's a no problem at all and you can walk to everything!

I'm not trying to be picky but it is The Barrachina, 104 Calle Fortaleza.

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to grab a cab at the port locations to head to a beach etc? I have only been able to get into the cruise planner once to book my first shore excursion. I've done a bunch of research on where I would like to go but not sure if transportation is easily available. I am traveling solo so I do need to be careful in the safety department. Any help is very much appreciated. I have never done this itinerary before. Thank you in advance and I look forward to meeting all of you at the Meet and Mingle - speaking of which, do they announce when that will be when we get on the ship?

Kelley

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to grab a cab at the port locations to head to a beach etc? I have only been able to get into the cruise planner once to book my first shore excursion. I've done a bunch of research on where I would like to go but not sure if transportation is easily available. I am traveling solo so I do need to be careful in the safety department. Any help is very much appreciated. I have never done this itinerary before. Thank you in advance and I look forward to meeting all of you at the Meet and Mingle - speaking of which, do they announce when that will be when we get on the ship?

Kelley

We've had no problems getting a taxi at the cruise port. Also, most taxi drivers will ask you when you want to be picked up, and we've found that to be very reliable.

I'm not trying to be picky but it is The Barrachina, 104 Calle Fortaleza.

Darn you autocorrect!!

Ivyclub-

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to grab a cab at the port locations to head to a beach etc?

If you want to go to the beach nearby, there is a public park on the beach on Ashford Ave. There are not a lot of facilities (chair rentals etc) but the Marriott La Concha is right next door and they have a security presence outside in the area. It's right on the main drag, so there are lots of shops and restaurants and nearby.