All Things Adventure of the Seas

So if you had to do one thing on the ship what would it be?

As far as "on" the ship, I'm most looking forward to drink in a piña colada while watching the poolside movie and sitting in the hot tub at night. I'm pretty easy to please, and usually too tired by the time shows start.

I'll be on the Adventure tomorrow. Will report back about the Mexican at Giovanni's when I get back. I saw that it was offered when perusing some compasses and was intrigued.

Take a photo of the menu please.

Edited by wreckem2013

Does anyone know if Adventure Ocean is open the first night for kids to go into or not? Was not sure since sail time is so late.

I thought I read that they only have signups the first night.

Just booked Adventure for our Honeymoon 9/24/2016!! Have only sailed on Brilliance so far and am really excited to sail on this ship. Love this thread too, but it's making me wish we were leaving today!! :rolleyes::)

I feel ya! Our next one is October, 2016[emoji53] so far away! We love adventure and all of the southern itineraries! So much so we got married on her in April. Good luck and congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Does anyone know what the plans are for the next refurb in 2016,, Bob {clarea) do you know?

Royal has not published any info on what's in store for Adventure. My guess would be that they would do what they have done to Voyager and Explorer: More staterooms on deck 12, nightclub lower deck becomes staterooms, upper deck becomes a specialty restaurant, Izumi goes into the game/card rooms in Viking Crown.

Royal has not published any info on what's in store for Adventure. My guess would be that they would do what they have done to Voyager and Explorer: More staterooms on deck 12, nightclub lower deck becomes staterooms, upper deck becomes a specialty restaurant, Izumi goes into the game/card rooms in Viking Crown.

The question is, does one of the last remaining ships without Chops get a Chops or does it get Sabor? Or will they do something they didn't do with Explorer and Voyager and give it both?

Edited by wreckem2013

The question is, does one of the last remaining ships without Chops get a Chops or does it get Sabor? Or will they do something they didn't do with Explorer and Voyager and give it both?

My money is on Adventure getting Chops and Izumi, and moving Giovanni's to deck 4.

I think they'd be making a mistake to put Sabor... it's not doing that well on Navigator.

Maybe that's why they have gone to the taqueria / a la carte concept on Oasis class.

I think they'd be making a mistake to put Sabor... it's not doing that well on Navigator.

Maybe that's why they have gone to the taqueria / a la carte concept on Oasis class.

I have not had the opportunity to visit Sabor yet however Mr Ski sailed Navigator and said Sabor was his favorite restaurant in the fleet. We would much prefer Chops and Sabor and leave Izumi off. We have never visited Izumi on any ship.

I have not had the opportunity to visit Sabor yet however Mr Ski sailed Navigator and said Sabor was his favorite restaurant in the fleet. We would much prefer Chops and Sabor and leave Izumi off. We have never visited Izumi on any ship.

We tried Sabor in May '14 on Navigator. The tableside Margaritas and guacamole were very good and the Queso Fundido was excellent. Maybe it's because we're from Texas that in general we weren't overly impressed and felt that even a $25 surcharge was too high. Others must feel this way also because in Oct '14 and May '15 there were constant Promenade promotions trying to fill the restaurant.

We have tried Izumi on both Navigator and Legend. It was quite good if you like that sort of thing... I'd much prefer Chops and Giovanni's!

An a la carte format would probably work much better. The Sabor food was fine, but there's a cognitive dissonance about trying to make a Mexican restaurant upscale. A nice "watering hole" with great side dishes and snacks sounds like a good approach!

We were on Navigator in May and we loved it. We are also from the south and have access to plenty of Mexican cuisine as well as some exceptional steakhouses. Although we enjoy Chops and will continue to dine there, we can get better steaks at home. Our preference was Sabor over Chops and there was always a good crowd in there the 2 nights we dined there. Just shows that everyone's tastes are different! I hope they get all of the specialty restaurants on Adventure.

* is there vanilla coke available anywhere?

Since there are no Freestyle machines on AD, then vanilla coke would not be available as part of any drink package. However, it's possible that you could find it in a can, available for individual purchase.

Edited by clarea

We're going in Oct 2016 to ABC, Antigua and St Maarten, so 5 ports in 8 days with two sea days. So we're going to be tired.

We are doing that route in 2017. i hope you will do a review.

Is there a Diamond Lounge on Adventure? I can't find it on the deck plans. If it doesn't have a DL, do they do a Diamond event, or do they just put the three free drinks on your card?

There is a DL on Adventure, up in the Viking Crown on the starboard side.