All Things Adventure of the Seas

Can anyone tell me about the coffee on AOS? Is it the same throughout the ship? MDR? Windjammer? Cafe Promenade? Johnny Rockets? or is it better in one area?

Re the beverage packages, I assume the Ultimate includes special coffees and of course it's part of Replenish. Is it part of any others? I can't see it listed.

We cruised last week. Giovanni's was AMAZING, as was the service. Friends tried to make a reservation and it was sold out every night.

Do you know if it was sold out for lunch on sea days? Our 50th anniversary will be onboard on a sea day and I was going to make a dinner reservation and then thought, no, maybe just go to Giovanni's for lunch. We often eat our larger meal at lunchtime at home so it would suit us.

Can anyone tell me about the coffee on AOS? Is it the same throughout the ship? MDR? Windjammer? Cafe Promenade? Johnny Rockets? or is it better in one area?

Re the beverage packages, I assume the Ultimate includes special coffees and of course it's part of Replenish. Is it part of any others? I can't see it listed.

To my recollection, you can only get speciaty coffees at cafe promenade.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

We liked the MDR coffee the best.

Specialty coffee is part of the Replenish and Ultimate packages only.

My DW and I are getting closer to booking this ship for the Sept. 12 2015 sailing. It has been 4 years since we have sailed AOS and we are missing San Juan and our ship. Our last cruise was last October on Liberty in October 2014 Trans Atlantic crossing. I am getting cruise with drawl.

My DW and I are getting closer to booking this ship for the Sept. 12 2015 sailing. It has been 4 years since we have sailed AOS and we are missing San Juan and our ship. Our last cruise was last October on Liberty in October 2014 Trans Atlantic crossing. I am getting cruise with drawl.

I'm getting cruise withdrawal as well! My last sailing was March 2014 and I feel like I'm forgetting what cruise ships look like!

I'm on the September 19th sailing so I'll be rushing your sailing along! :D

Do you know if it was sold out for lunch on sea days? Our 50th anniversary will be onboard on a sea day and I was going to make a dinner reservation and then thought, no, maybe just go to Giovanni's for lunch. We often eat our larger meal at lunchtime at home so it would suit us.

We made dinner reservations the first day. But I think lunch was open. They had a Mexican menu for lunch but I never looked at it. It is a lower cost but for dinner it is so worth the money. It was are 20th anniversary

We made dinner reservations the first day. But I think lunch was open. They had a Mexican menu for lunch but I never looked at it. It is a lower cost but for dinner it is so worth the money. It was are 20th anniversary

Wow. Had not heard of a mexican menu at lunch. That would be right up our alley. Anyone else have any more info on this?

My itinerary includes St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba and Curaçao. Is it better to be starboard or port side? I'm currently starboard side and my friends are port side. I'll crash their room to see a beautiful sunset lol

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't it just in drydock, not to long ago? Do they give you anything for the inconvenience like OBC, but sometimes I find you can't always believe what you read or hear.

Adventure was in dry dock not long ago, but for whatever reason, the dry dock was abbreviated and they did not do all that was originally planned. This next dry dock is supposed to complete the job, so it will be like Explorer and Voyager.

What're they adding to Adventure? Is it a nuisance before DD if your onboard?

I doubt that it's a nuisance, I think it would be more an issue of things not being repaired or replaced because they know it's about to get ripped out anyway. I don't know for certain because I've not sailed on a ship prior to dry dock but I've read other posts about it and it sounds like they don't keep things as well stocked and that things are in more obvious disrepair. I believe they're replacing carpet and upgrading staterooms and putting in new restaurants...stuff like that. So it probably won't be an issue unless "old" things bother you or you'd prefer to sail a month later when everything is brand new (if that's an option, that's what I would do). But- like I said before, this is a port heavy cruise and you won't be on the ship all that much anyway, so you'll still have a great time.

We have 8 days, two sea days and 5 ports, 6 if you count San Juan.

I think you'll be just fine. I didn't meant to scare you with the dry dock info, I just thought it was worth mentioning so you were aware. I was going to book the oct 8th sailing but once I remembered about the dry dock I took it off the list, not really because it would be a bad sailing, but because I had other options I was sorting through and that made it an easier way to eliminate choices on my list. If I was already booked, or going for a birthday or because that was when my vacation happened to be etc, I'd leave it and go and have fun.

There are so many great ports (I haven't been yet, leaving in 3 weeks), that there's hardly a chance you'd notice or be bothered by the pre-dry dock issues if there are any. People say the ship is in good shape and I doubt it'll be too much worse in just a year's time. I say, don't worry about it, have fun and enjoy!! I think those dates are fairly cheap as it is since it's October and not a popular cruising month for families, the weather is nice and it'll be great!!