All Things Adventure of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...
We just finished our cruise on AOS on Saturday --- First thing I noticed upon arrival was they were offering the Chef's Table. We had to sign up and give different dates during the week we would be available. There we 8 people and we had a wonderful time talking (and eating/drinking). Jan

Hi Jan. I don't post very often but see you are from Bangor. I work in Bangor, live in Corinna. We have a b2b on the Adventure in April. So excited to hear about the chefs table. Thanks for sharing.

We will be on the Barbados route (third time) in January. Does anyone know if the formal nights are still night 2 and night 5?

Giovanni's Table just opened for booking today. :)

Thanks !

Hi, we were on the Barbados route last week and formal nights were night 2 (St. Croix) and night 6 (Barbados).

Does anyone know who is currently in the piano bar and in the Duck and Dog , we leave on the 24th . Have been on the AOS 3 times before have had great ones and some not so good . Hoping for some good ones as we are taking some newbies to he ship and we have been bragging it for over a year , so they may be expecting a lot , but either way we are all on aft balconies so it will be epic. :D:D:D

We sailed the Sept 19-26th and I have the compasses for day 1 thru 6, but no with me. We had a good guitar player at the D&D pub and a Aussie Piano Player that nailed the Frank Sinatra tunes.

One thing I was impressed with on this trip:

1) Late night pool party/buffet with great live reggae band. A bit loud but one of the best we have seen

2) Buffet at the pool on final Sea day - chicken, burgers, brats....etc. Impressive compared to my recent previous cruises.

We sailed the Sept 19-26th and I have the compasses for day 1 thru 6, but no with me. We had a good guitar player at the D&D pub and a Aussie Piano Player that nailed the Frank Sinatra tunes.

One thing I was impressed with on this trip:

1) Late night pool party/buffet with great live reggae band. A bit loud but one of the best we have seen

2) Buffet at the pool on final Sea day - chicken, burgers, brats....etc. Impressive compared to my recent previous cruises.

Thanks , sounds good

Hi Jan. I don't post very often but see you are from Bangor. I work in Bangor, live in Corinna. We have a b2b on the Adventure in April. So excited to hear about the chefs table. Thanks for sharing.

Always great to "see" others from our area!!! Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise, we did a b2b on Oasis, but never on Adventure - have a blast. If you enjoy food/drinks - if you haven't done it before, perhaps you might like Flavors of San Juan - they have a lovely old San Juan tour with different food and drinks. Jan

Always great to "see" others from our area!!! Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise, we did a b2b on Oasis, but never on Adventure - have a blast. If you enjoy food/drinks - if you haven't done it before, perhaps you might like Flavors of San Juan - they have a lovely old San Juan tour with different food and drinks. Jan

We have two days precruise in Old SJ. I'll research the tours. We'll definitely hit Marmalade's one night. This is our first time sailing out of this port. Glad to get more than a few hours to enjoy it. Take care.

We just finished our cruise on AOS on Saturday --- First thing I noticed upon arrival was they were offering the Chef's Table. We had to sign up and give different dates during the week we would be available. There we 8 people and we had a wonderful time talking (and eating/drinking). Jan

I just called the Crown and Anchor desk and they say Chef's Table not available on the Adventure. She said only Giovanni's Table. We dined at the Chef's table last Oct on the Serenade and loved it. So hoping she is wrong and we can make the reservations onboard!

Thanks for the review!

We're on a B2B in January and anxious to enjoy the Southern routes!

Awesome Deedee! I would love to do a b2b but I guess that will have to wait for the youngest to graduate from high school. Darryl and I are on AOS in FEB 2016 & 2017, take notes of what you do in the ports and what you would and would not do in port and let me know. Have a great time!!

Shannon

Awesome Deedee! I would love to do a b2b but I guess that will have to wait for the youngest to graduate from high school. Darryl and I are on AOS in FEB 2016 & 2017, take notes of what you do in the ports and what you would and would not do in port and let me know. Have a great time!!

Shannon

Hi Shannon!

When I saw your name, I had to double check what thread I was on! We sure had a great time on Navigator, and enjoyed meeting y'all :)

We're on AOS three times next year :eek:. And then we're on Celebrity Summit out of San Juan for spring break 2017! Amazingly, the itineraries are quite different. We love going out of SJ and have done all but 1 of our AOS ports.

Send me a "friend" request (the link is in my signature) or send an email and we'll keep in touch.

cricketts108@hotmail.com

We will be on AOS next April, our 3rd time. We've always had late traditional dining and have enjoyed it. We've had a large table and liked meeting others and getting to know our wait staff. But I thought we might like trying MTD, my DH is not sure. For those of you who have done MTD is there normally a wait if you just walk up? To me the reason for MTD is to go when you want, if I still make a reservation I think I'd stay with traditional knowing I'd have the same wait staff and table mates. I understand this is a personal preference, so really my interest is in wait times if you have no reservation.

Well I am back lurking on this thread. We are considering booking this beautiful ship in February 2016. If we do this will be our 4th time on her. You can't beat departing out of San Juan. You are starting your vacation in the Caribbean.

I just called the Crown and Anchor desk and they say Chef's Table not available on the Adventure. She said only Giovanni's Table. We dined at the Chef's table last Oct on the Serenade and loved it. So hoping she is wrong and we can make the reservations onboard!

We were on the Adventure of the Seas Sept 12 cruise. The Chef's Table was offered onboard. It was offered separately at $75.00 per person or as part of a package. The package included included the Chef's Table, Giovanni's and a brunch.(served on the sea day)

• 2 months later...
We will be on AOS next April, our 3rd time. We've always had late traditional dining and have enjoyed it. We've had a large table and liked meeting others and getting to know our wait staff. But I thought we might like trying MTD, my DH is not sure. For those of you who have done MTD is there normally a wait if you just walk up? To me the reason for MTD is to go when you want, if I still make a reservation I think I'd stay with traditional knowing I'd have the same wait staff and table mates. I understand this is a personal preference, so really my interest is in wait times if you have no reservation.

Just got off EOS IN Oct, and like you always have done late traditional dining until that cruise, when we tried MTD. can't speak specifically for the AOS, but on the Enchantment we never made a reservation and walked right up when we wanted, and were seated in the same section and had the same waitstaff every night. It was great, and we are doing MTD again in Jan on AOS!

Just got off EOS IN Oct, and like you always have done late traditional dining until that cruise, when we tried MTD. can't speak specifically for the AOS, but on the Enchantment we never made a reservation and walked right up when we wanted, and were seated in the same section and had the same waitstaff every night. It was great, and we are doing MTD again in Jan on AOS!

Same experience for us on Allure last January. Ended up with the same (great) staff and usually the same guests around us each night, but with no pressure on having to be somewhere at a certain time. We're doing MTD from now on...

• 4 weeks later...

Just did MTD on our cruise last November. When it was just the two of us we were immediately seated. It looked like they had a section devoted to MTD couples. Same wait staff each time.

On the last night we went up with a group of friends. We only waited maybe 3-4 minutes while they confirmed an open table for us. It was in a different section, but the rest of the group had been seated there also with the same waiters for that section all week. It seemed like this was also all MTD with just larger tables. Our friends said on one night they did get told to wait about fifteen minutes for them to clear a table. They went to get pictures taken and the table was waiting when they got back.

Overall, they seemed to have it well organized. They even sang a happy anniversary song to us every single night of the cruise and gave us a special dessert.

Did someone say there are not Freestyle Coke machines in Adventure? It might be better for us to not drink so many sodas anyways, so not really a disappointment, but just want to confirm. And if not more money for shore excursions, too, since I don't really see a reason to book a soda plan without it.

Did someone say there are not Freestyle Coke machines in Adventure? It might be better for us to not drink so many sodas anyways, so not really a disappointment, but just want to confirm. And if not more money for shore excursions, too, since I don't really see a reason to book a soda plan without it.

No Freestyle machines on Adventure.

How about the new rock hard beds that are getting so many comments on the RC board?:eek::eek:

I have been an Adventure several times with a soda package and without the freestyle machines, and it wasn't difficult to ever get my soda cup filled . However, on Enchantment a few months ago, the machines were down or otherwise out of service so often, that they may as well not have had them. My point is that it's very east to get your cup filled, though you won't have all the flavor combinations that the freestyle machines offer.