All Things Adventure of the Seas

Adventure and its southern itineraries are sort of addicting!

You got that right....and addicted to the Serenade too...never thought the man would like a ship without a promenade....get him in the perfect cabin and he forgets all about that....so the next ones are on Serenade after the Adventure which now that she will be year round in San Juan and taking over the Jewel schedule....have to go look at those schedules...

Hi,

I love hearing positive things about the Adventure (vs all those negative posts lately)....can you name, let's say three things you love about the AOS?

1. when we walk on board its like we are coming home when we hear welcome back and glad to see you and the SMILES!!!

2. the service...best waiter in MDR ever...Anthony Navarro from the Phillipines...he has been taking care of us for several years! Excellent room attendants....special shout out to Marie Johnson from Panama...can't wait to see her again. Hearing your name after only meeting you once...knowing your likes and needs after one meeting....

3. the ship....crew works around the clock to keep this ship in tip top shape the best that they can. Always smiling and always a hello even if they are crew that are in mtce and don't speak much english.

I was always intrigued about this ship and wanted to go but saw so many iffy reviews and with airfare from the east coast crazy at times to san juan we did other ships. Several members on here convinced me to try this ship so we did...four years ago...did a back to back and haven't looked back. Number four coming up! Thanks Ocean Boy, Robyn and Bob!!! Yes we have tried another ship since...the Serenade...but there is something about the Adventure and her crew that keeps calling us back.

1. when we walk on board its like we are coming home when we hear welcome back and glad to see you and the SMILES!!!

2. the service...best waiter in MDR ever...Anthony Navarro from the Phillipines...he has been taking care of us for several years! Excellent room attendants....special shout out to Marie Johnson from Panama...can't wait to see her again. Hearing your name after only meeting you once...knowing your likes and needs after one meeting....

3. the ship....crew works around the clock to keep this ship in tip top shape the best that they can. Always smiling and always a hello even if they are crew that are in mtce and don't speak much english.

I was always intrigued about this ship and wanted to go but saw so many iffy reviews and with airfare from the east coast crazy at times to san juan we did other ships. Several members on here convinced me to try this ship so we did...four years ago...did a back to back and haven't looked back. Number four coming up! Thanks Ocean Boy, Robyn and Bob!!! Yes we have tried another ship since...the Serenade...but there is something about the Adventure and her crew that keeps calling us back.

Maybe it's the high percentage of locals, but the ship seems to have a special vibe, that extends to very late night.

Well as for me, I enjoy the Radiance class ships but I would take a Voyager class ship over Radiance any day. So I understand where you are coming from!

We thought that too....then I booked a great cabin on the Serenade...now the spoiled man only wants that cabin if we do a radiance class ship. The fools at RCCL, I mean the powers that be...decided to change the occupancy in that cabin to 3+ to book it...guess they are putting sofa beds in the cabins now and requiring 3 or 4 people to be in the cabin....so our love for this ship may be short lived but it seems royal caribbean is doing other crazy crap...especially this dynamic dining and adding more cabins on the Oasis...the hubby says where are these people going to eat if you take away the big dining rooms....i said its about cha ching....they have to eat specialty if they can't get their dining times.ehhh ranting again...lol

Maybe it's the high percentage of locals, but the ship seems to have a special vibe, that extends to very late night.

So right Bob. its a great energy on this ship but we sure haven't experienced the negative stuff others write about from the locals being on board. Gee I am a local on the Explorer....but being from Delaware sure isn't being from NY or NJ and wow talk about difference on that ship when in Bayonne....love San Juan just saying...lol

Just came off her, the staff are a credit to rcl. We were on her same time last year and afraid to report food and entertainment had declined since last time! This didn't ruin our holiday as the vibe and buzz it had was fabulous.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Thanks all for posting positive things. Was feeling really upbeat until hearing from goughsters...

goughsters, don't take it wrong, appreciate your opinion. Unfortunately you seem to be in good company.

Yes, I shouldn't listen to the bad reports. I think I should stay away from this board, but as you all know that is hard to do ;)

We thought that too....then I booked a great cabin on the Serenade...now the spoiled man only wants that cabin if we do a radiance class ship. The fools at RCCL, I mean the powers that be...decided to change the occupancy in that cabin to 3+ to book it...guess they are putting sofa beds in the cabins now and requiring 3 or 4 people to be in the cabin....so our love for this ship may be short lived but it seems royal caribbean is doing other crazy crap...especially this dynamic dining and adding more cabins on the Oasis...the hubby says where are these people going to eat if you take away the big dining rooms....i said its about cha ching....they have to eat specialty if they can't get their dining times.ehhh ranting again...lol

Yeah, as if Oasis doesn't have enough people aboard already.:rolleyes:

The only time i have ever emailed Royal was to tell them what a great employee they have in Anthony Navarro

Hi,

I love hearing positive things about the Adventure (vs all those negative posts lately)....can you name, let's say three things you love about the AOS?

Very curious reading about people still enthusiastic about this ship and the service on board in the face of so much criticism - my criticism included.

I read through these threads before our May 2014 cruise and so was looking forward to the boat and great service, but was so disappointed by the boat and the mostly poor service, insipid entertainment and total lack of customer care at the front desk. All particularly noticable having had such a good time less than two years previously on her sister ship Navigator.

The following question could be misinterpreted as sarcastic, but it's not. I'm genuinely curios. What is that the fans of the boat see that those of us who had a poor time on it do not?

But to try and give three positives to drift back to the question

The cabin - bog standard interior was very comfortable

Our waiter in the MDR

The Teen Club had a very positive effect on our daughter who was not in a good place at the time of the cruise.

Very curious reading about people still enthusiastic about this ship and the service on board in the face of so much criticism - my criticism included.

I read through these threads before our May 2014 cruise and so was looking forward to the boat and great service, but was so disappointed by the boat and the mostly poor service, insipid entertainment and total lack of customer care at the front desk. All particularly noticable having had such a good time less than two years previously on her sister ship Navigator.

The following question could be misinterpreted as sarcastic, but it's not. I'm genuinely curios. What is that the fans of the boat see that those of us who had a poor time on it do not?

But to try and give three positives to drift back to the question

The cabin - bog standard interior was very comfortable

Our waiter in the MDR

The Teen Club had a very positive effect on our daughter who was not in a good place at the time of the cruise.

Maybe the experience you had on the ship was poor. And maybe those of us who have had great experiences with the ship may have felt the same as you if we had been on your particular cruise. Who knows? Things can vary between different sailings, where the ship is home ported at the time, as well as the crew on board. Our experience with this ship has always been great. My opinion does not invalidate your experience nor does yours invalidate mine.

Maybe the experience you had on the ship was poor. And maybe those of us who have had great experiences with the ship may have felt the same as you if we had been on your particular cruise. Who knows? Things can vary between different sailings, where the ship is home ported at the time, as well as the crew on board. Our experience with this ship has always been great. My opinion does not invalidate your experience nor does yours invalidate mine.

Well said!!

Nicely put. But I'm still curious how this ship can have such differencing opinions.

The ports of call were fantastic - it was a Norway Cruise starting in Southampton in May.

I'd have thought that regardless of the home port, the international crew would be the same. I believe crew have something like four months on, two months off but unless through some sheer fluke all the decent crew hit their two months off at the same time, such rotations should not make that big a difference.

When we sailed on Adventure's sister ship Navigator, it was out of Civitavecchia on a six night cruise. The ports visits were a little disappointing, one because it was not a particularly nice place, one would have been great were it not for the pouring rain (but we still enjoyed it) one was cancelled due to severely bad weather and one was nice, but the place closed for lunch. Despite all that we had a great time and loved the ship.

So, looking at the proposition that the home port could affect things - of the fans of the ship, how many sailed from Southampton? Does the company put a sub-standard crew to save money when dealing with what will predominantly be British guests?