140th anniversary

imae39

Well, this was a REAL sale and savings for us. The cost of the 1st and 2nd passengers on the 18-day return of the Voyage of the Vikings went down $900 per passenger, AND we received an additional $140 in OBC in addition to the OBCs previously received for the FCD, Thanks for Sailing with Us, and CCL Sharheolder Credits. You have to click through the ad. If you don't, you will get the regular prices.

The cruise I am on and booked well over a year ago is on the list - do I want the hassle of asking for their offer - nope! I can almost predict their answer. HA needs to think about not only about giving goodies to late bookers - but, also to keeping loyal followers happy.

>>> Basically the only sailings that have this promotion are sailings they have trouble selling such as the Fall Caribbean. >>>[/quote]

Dear LAFFNVEGAS - I know this is a bit off-topic, but based on your comment, what is your thinking about how full a 7-day Caribbean would be leaving on November 30th? Might we have a pretty good chance at a less-than-full ship? What about children? I deliberately booked the week post-Thanksgiving, in the hopes it might be a little more quiet?

Thank you for your insight.

>>> Basically the only sailings that have this promotion are sailings they have trouble selling such as the Fall Caribbean. >>>[/quote]

Dear LAFFNVEGAS - I know this is a bit off-topic, but based on your comment, what is your thinking about how full a 7-day Caribbean would be leaving on November 30th? Might we have a pretty good chance at a less-than-full ship? What about children? I deliberately booked the week post-Thanksgiving, in the hopes it might be a little more quiet?

I'm not Lisa but can help with this question.

Just about every HAL ship will be full most Caribbean cruises all season. If there are empty cabins they mark them down until they sell them.

We sailed Thanksgiving and the week after the last two years.

We were b-to-b on Nieuw Amsterdam 2011 and Westerdam 2012 and the ship was filled both weeks. There were a number of family groups with multi generations and it was a delight to see them all traveling together. There will always be children on cruises during holidays and school vacations.

Both ships were full, both weeks.

The cruise I am on and booked well over a year ago is on the list - do I want the hassle of asking for their offer - nope! I can almost predict their answer. HA needs to think about not only about giving goodies to late bookers - but, also to keeping loyal followers happy.

I agree.

It sure seem like they are more interested in finding the people that want a 'deal' than taking care of those that have been loyal. But of course, I am usually wrong. so that's just my opinion for what little it's worth.

well, we grabbed an SC guarantee (never did that before) and a 7 day cruise (never do that either). It was a huge savings. if you have some flexibility in your schedule and flights are not an issue - why not hold off - I usually book a year or more in advance - until HAL changes their philosophy as long as you are flexible - I would wait

signing off as a tarnished wicked witch of the west. LOL:)

well, we grabbed an SC guarantee (never did that before) and a 7 day cruise (never do that either). It was a huge savings. if you have some flexibility in your schedule and flights are not an issue - why not hold off - I usually book a year or more in advance - until HAL changes their philosophy as long as you are flexible - I would wait

signing off as a tarnished wicked witch of the west. LOL:)

lol, Jacqui...I know how you feel. I always book early...but I'm beginning to think I should wait...for a better price. Even if I don't get my first choice as far as cabin is concerned.

lol, Jacqui...I know how you feel. I always book early...but I'm beginning to think I should wait...for a better price. Even if I don't get my first choice as far as cabin is concerned.

Sheila - I sent you an email to you cc address with the link for the sale - one of your cruises does qualify - Good luck!

How come I don't get these emails? Sheila, could you forward Jacqui, s email to me?

just drop me an email - I'm happy to send it you - no problem! I think you have to sign up for their sales in order to get it?

Sheila - I sent you an email to you cc address with the link for the sale - one of your cruises does qualify - Good luck!

Thanks, jacqu!!! i just opened that email. For the 7 day historic coast cruise Boston/Boston.

How come I don't get these emails? Sheila, could you forward Jacqui, s email to me?

I didn't get it either, Carol. :rolleyes:

Thanks, jacqu!!! i just opened that email. For the 7 day historic coast cruise Boston/Boston.

Sheila/Carol/Jacqui,

We're booked for that cruise.

Would you forward a copy of the email to me, please.

Thanks, in advance, if you can do that.

yesterday we each got a fancy glossy brochure with all the 140th anniversary deals and the day before we each got an email with basically the same info

we do not have a future cruise booked at this time - so maybe they are marketing to entice us?

have actually gotten an email about sales about every week lately and 2 calls from our PCC - they seem to be trying to lure past passengers - bookings down maybe?

anyway, these are good deals for anyone who can take advantage of them - really reduced fares, and the $140 OBC, and I noticed free transport from Montreal to Quebec if taking the Veendam on the Canada/New England - balances out the advantage of the Maasdam from Montreal - maybe Veendam needs more bookings

Sheila/Carol/Jacqui,

We're booked for that cruise.

Would you forward a copy of the email to me, please.

Thanks, in advance, if you can do that.

sorry Judy, I was taking care of some business and just saw this.

I sent you the email. If it doesn't open (or goes poof like it did for Sheila) I'll send you a link. :D

Carol and Judy...I emailed you Jacqui's email re the $140 onboard credit...did you receive it :confused:

Sheila, I haven't gotten any email from you tonight. Please forward it to me and I'll email Jacqui too. Judy, if uyou got it, could you send it to me?

sorry Judy, I was taking care of some business and just saw this.

I sent you the email. If it doesn't open (or goes poof like it did for Sheila) I'll send you a link. :D

Sheila, I haven't gotten any email from you tonight. Please forward it to me and I'll email Jacqui too. Judy, if uyou got it, could you send it to me?

Thank you for sending it. I received it fine and it opened no problem.

I appreciate it.

Carol...... I'm forwarding it to you right now. :)

LOL..Judy, I just got it and emailed it to you.

When I went online to check my upcoming cruise, the same information appeared on my screen about the OBC and 1/2 deposit.

I think it's now applying to every cruise. I've paid in full so I don't know if I can get anything, but I'm going to try.

LOL..Judy, I just got it and emailed it to you.

When I went online to check my upcoming cruise, the same information appeared on my screen about the OBC and 1/2 deposit.

I think it's now applying to every cruise. I've paid in full so I don't know if I can get anything, but I'm going to try.

Carol, I sent it to you 3 times...did you receive it?

Archived