140th anniversary

imae39

We will be on the Zuiderdam that day having a sea day:D. I will report back

if there is anything special, although I like the one suggested below

I'm going to suggest to HAL that all drinks that day be $1.40.

No, I wouldn't expect much. There might be more festivities and celebrating for the 150th Anniversary but I wouldn't expect much for 140th. JMO

Perhaps a champagne toast or such.

I'll be there on the Maasdam, will report if anything did happen on that day, that would be fun to have something special there, but I'm not looking forward for that day because that would mean for me that we have only 4 days left on my cruise.

I just got this in an email -

Join us in celebrating 140 years of timeless elegance, award-winning service and five-star dining — and save with incredible Anniversary Event fares.

Limited-time cruise offers — Book Now!

Save up to 50%*

Receive $140 shipboard credit on ocean-view staterooms & above*

FREE or reduced cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests*

50% reduced deposit*

I just got this in an email -

Join us in celebrating 140 years of timeless elegance, award-winning service and five-star dining — and save with incredible Anniversary Event fares.

Limited-time cruise offers — Book Now!

Save up to 50%*

Receive $140 shipboard credit on ocean-view staterooms & above*

FREE or reduced cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests*

50% reduced deposit*

I just got this email tonight too - NOT impressed - verging on a vent. so, basically if I understood my 'chat' with the HAL rep I should cancel one cruise and then rebook. the other one doesn't count because it was booked over a year ago.

what the heck am I doing booking with them early?

Shaking my head slowly, holding back the vent that people who book early are basically getting the short end of the stick. Others get the sales, or get to "join" in the celebration and get OBC. those that book early and secure them some cabins get nothing.

sorry, I'm just a bit miffed. and NOT impressed.:(

I just got this email tonight too - NOT impressed - verging on a vent. so, basically if I understood my 'chat' with the HAL rep I should cancel one cruise and then rebook. the other one doesn't count because it was booked over a year ago.

Shaking my head slowly, holding back the vent that people who book early are basically getting the short end of the stick. Others get the sales, or get to "join" in the celebration and get OBC. those that book early and secure them some cabins get nothing.

Jacqui, I would not be upset, there are so many voyages that do not qualify. Basically the only ones I have found so far are the Fall Caribbean (absolutely NO cruises in 2014 qualify) The only Alaska sailings I have found so far are in September. None of the Peak season Alaska is included, nor are the Canada New England runs on the Maasdam or Veendam or at least the ones I have looked at, but I did find the Eurodam 10 for Canada New England had it. Europe is also not consistent some have it some do not.. Basically the only sailings that have this promotion are sailings they have trouble selling such as the Fall Caribbean. This will be great for those that want a good deal for a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and some Europe sailings that is about it. It is really hit and miss for the voyages they included. Anything exotic or different was not included.

I received it, too, Jacqui...and nothing I have booked qualifies. Additionally, one cruise I'm looking at offers $100 off. I first looked at it using my alternate email address...went back in with my regular email and 'poof', the sale disappeared. Obviously for new customers only.

This is not positive customer service.

I have checked out the HAL website and the cruise I am booked on has cheaper prices than I paid, so have asked my TA if I am going to get a price decrease and $140 OBC.

Perhaps people who are already booked may get something else offered to them, like an good upgrade!!!!

It is going to be interesting, will report back if I find anything else out.

Jacqui, I would not be upset, there are so many voyages that do not qualify. Basically the only ones I have found so far are the Fall Caribbean (absolutely NO cruises in 2014 qualify) The only Alaska sailings I have found so far are in September. None of the Peak season Alaska is included, nor are the Canada New England runs on the Maasdam or Veendam or at least the ones I have looked at, but I did find the Eurodam 10 for Canada New England had it. Europe is also not consistent some have it some do not.. Basically the only sailings that have this promotion are sailings they have trouble selling such as the Fall Caribbean. This will be great for those that want a good deal for a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and some Europe sailings that is about it. It is really hit and miss for the voyages they included. Anything exotic or different was not included.

Thanks Lisa,

BUT according to the email I got - both segments of my upcoming cruise are listed (but not as a collectors) and the 31 collectors for next year is on the list. I kind of thought Asia was exotic and certainly thought the Prinsendam's itinerary was different. :rolleyes:

Archived