Just off Poesia - The good and not so good

2910car

lol STEAK on MSC is somthing you should avoid :D My DH ordered it 3 times during cruise just to give them a chance...did not work:D

We have been on several cruise lines, and the steaks are usually below what you would expect (Or want).

The exception was on the Royal Clipper, and that was on a charter package and NOT cheap.

Silly question, but is plain ice water available in the MDR and buffet, or does one have to purchase bottled water or some other drink?

Told you it was a silly question, but, we have never cruised MSC and would like to consider it since our choices in Florida have become very limited in the summer and fall when Celebrity, Princess and Holland America send all their ships overseas.

Thanks!

Silly question, but is plain ice water available in the MDR and buffet, or does one have to purchase bottled water or some other drink?

Told you it was a silly question, but, we have never cruised MSC and would like to consider it since our choices in Florida have become very limited in the summer and fall when Celebrity, Princess and Holland America send all their ships overseas.

Thanks!

When sailing from the USA there is ice water available in the MDR and buffet.

Not a silly question at all and one that is often discussed on these boards.

Just off today too. Great cruise. I am coeliac and had a different menu, but my fillet was beautifully cooked. The others did have some pretty fatty prime rib one night. Also tried the minute steak once on the buffet and it was really good. Thicker and less well done than RCCL's usual buffet offering.

I agree meat in buffet was good, but in MDR well, it is not how it was cooked, but rather quality of meat... But I am not complaining much, as cruise overall was wonderful.

We will probably not sail in Mediterranean sea with MSC because of short stops, but if itinerary is good here or in Northern Europe we will gladly try this line again!

Archived