Le Cirque dining experience

kiwicruiser55

Take a look at the dining room and how others are dressed for the best feed-back. Some Pinnacle Grills themselves are more formal decor which sets a different tone from the outset, and others not so much so. Rotterdam - very formal setting. Zuiderdam, more casual.

I do think it is a special evening regardless of the menu and setting, even for the regular Pinnacle menu so many do dress accordingly by choice. But one can wear anything within the range of the day's dress suggestions.

We had a formal night eliminated which was going to be the last one of our 50 day cruise, so we went to the Pinnacle instead that evening in full velvet long gown and black tie --totally "over-dressed" for that evening but it is what we wanted to do as our final special cruise send-off.

Most were far more casually dressed, but still "dressed up" that night more than what one would find in the regular dining room as "smart casual".

The real treat however we found was the Pinnacle lunch menu - excellent appetizers worth a meal alone, and a really good hamburger if the mood suits you ...... again a bit out of tune with the setting, but it was lunch. (And no dinner that night - it was huge.)

We enjoyed the experience but it was a little off. For one thing, we ordered the wine pairing and all three wines were brought out at the same time and set before us. They were not very good, either. The Chardonnay was corked and it took an act of Congress to get it changed. This was very poor on HAL's part. I would suggest just getting a bottle if you choose to have wine. The creme brûlée was excellent.

Thanks for all the information everyone, it is very useful for someone only on their 2nd cruise.

I never dress up at home, so am going to have to find some nice dressy outfits for the cruise.

Will take your advice on the wine, bphman. Love creme brulee, my very favourite dessert.

We have done Le Cirque quite a few times on different ships. We loved all of them.

The first we did Le Cirque we tried the wine flight that was recommended. Never again. We either stay with cocktails or get a bottle of wine of our own choosing.

The creme brulee' is wonderful.

2011_Noordam_Part_2_052.JPG

2011_Noordam_Part_2_053.JPG

The creme brulee looked as good as it sounds, KK. Thanks for the photos too.

George C appreciate the idea of taking our own bottle of wine and paying the corkage.

What wonderful people you all are, giving me great advice. Thanks

Archived