Live from the Sapphire Princess 14 Day R/T to Hawaii March 9, 2011

Woobstr112G

Bob!!! Thanks for the Live From, it helped keep my toes warm and since spring is taking its own good time to arrive, I need all the help I can get. Be sure to have a 007 martini for me! So glad you had a good time. Hugs to Holli from Phil and I and stay well. :)

Wanda;

Hope you are staying warm. I had a few 007's for you.....:):):)

Take care and regards to both you and Phil from Holli & I

Bob

Hi Julia: It is called Ray's Boathouse. They just remodeled the entire place. Nice to

hear from you. No I have not told her. Probably in June or July. Why rush?

Anyway, looking forward to the Royal. I am a little concerned that there will not be

many places to dance to a live band. We will see.

Take care,

Greg

Thanks Greg, I'm passing it on to a friend who is cruising out of there to Alaska.

LOL, Coral will be pleasantly surprised and looking forward to seeing you both again. Enjoy Hawaii before that :) I'm doing last arrangements for my trip to Europe in May - busy busy but fun :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of places for dancing or you can make your own ;) On the grand in December we enjoyed watching the couples dance while we sat in the Piazza and IC.

Good morning from the Sapphire Princess. Today is our fourth full sea day (last one:() en route to Ensenada. We are scheduled to arrive at Ensenada tomorrow afternoon at 4:00pm. After that, it’s a quick four hour “Jones Act” stop then off to Los Angeles (san Pedro) on Saturday where this wonderful cruise will come to an en:(

I just returned from breakfast at Sabatinis where I once again had a great morning meal. The service also continues to be outstanding. Alice, Eleana, and Gabriel are the best. Only one more chance to enjoy this perk tomorrow and believe you me, I plan to be there. I really believe that this is the best suite perk (IMHO) going.

Not much on tap for today. I plan to work on my pictures some more. I found that by starting the laborious task of labeling and touching them up now, I will save tons of time later and will be able to upload them to flickr much faster. I might go hang out by the pool later before I begin packing later this afternoon. My hopes are that I can finish tonight so all I’ll have to do tomorrow is relax.

Tonight is our third and final formal night. I am once again looking forward to getting dressed up in my tux for the final time. Dinner in the MDR is the Gala dinner which I am also looking forward to. I’m sure it will be great as all the previous evening meals have been very good to outstanding.

Today’s entertainment offerings are as follows. Billy Joel Concert (MUTS) at 10:00am, Take That Live at Wembley (MUTS) at 12:15pm, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (MUTS) at 3:00pm, Lionel Ritchie Live in Paris (MUTS) at 5:00pm, Walk on the Wild Side (MUTS) at 6:45pm and 9:30pm, and Great Expectations (MUTS) at 7:15pm and !0:00pm. The Piazza will have Piano Melodies with Kostiantyn at 11:00, Midday Melodies between 12:30pm and 2:30pm, Afternoon Melodies with the Antonio Strings at 3:00pm, Evening Melodies between 5:00pm and 9:00pm, and the Princess Pop Choir Grand performance at 9:00pm. The Princess Theater will have Born to Be Wild at 7:00pm, 8:15pm, and 10:15pm.

That’s about all for now. Hope all are well…..:):):)

Bob

Bob

Thanks for your Live From. We have throughly enjoyed traveling along with you and Holli.

We will be leaving this coming Monday for our RT out of San Pedro, for the South Pacific. Looking forward to that, and the Star Princess.

See you "soon" on the Royal in October.

Bob

Thanks for your Live From. We have throughly enjoyed traveling along with you and Holli.

We will be leaving this coming Monday for our RT out of San Pedro, for the South Pacific. Looking forward to that, and the Star Princess.

See you "soon" on the Royal in October.

Phyl & Jim;

Have a wonderful cruise on the Star. That is one itinerary that is on my bucket list. It will have to wait till after I retire as I wouldn't want to be away from work for that long. Holli and I are looking forward to seeing you in Venice is a short 201 days and a bag drag.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for the enjoyable reporting!! A round trip to Hawaii is on my bucket list. In the meantime we will be boarding the Sapphire on April 6 for the CA Costal. Your info on the ship has been a teaser!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bob. Know it is tough getting back but enjoyed following your journey on this thread. just think, not too many more days after this one ends will you and Holli be flying off to Venice.

Drive safely home from San Pedro. Misha will be so happy to see both of you.

Good morning from the Sapphire Princess. Well the dreaded day is here. It is the last day before we are evicted from this wonderful ship tomorrow in San Pedro:( We are scheduled to arrive in Ensenada at 4:00pm. Holli & I will not be getting off the ship so we’ll just hang out on board. Holli & I along with her sister and hubby will be doing breakfast at Sabatinnis for the last time today. As I stated yesterday, Alice, Elena, and Gabriel have made breakfast, for the past two weeks, truly enjoyable. I finished al my packing yesterday so all I’ll have to worry about is helping Holli pack. We won’t have too big of a travel day tomorrow when we disembark. My sister will be picking us up at the port and driving us to her house. I’ll pick up my car and it will be a short 85 or so mile drive home.

Today’s entertainment offerings are as follows. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (MUTS) at 10:00am, Mystique of the Baltic (MUTS) at 11:30, Coldplay Live 2012 (MUTS) at 1:00pm, the Phantom of the Opera (Silent Movie) (MUTS) at 3:00pm, Pink Concert (MUTS) at 5:15pm, the Bourne Legacy (MUTS) at 7:15pm, and Skyfall (MUTS) at 10:00pm. The Piazza will offer Midday Melodies at 12:30pm, Piazza melodies with Pastime at 3:30pm and Evening melodies from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. The Princess Theater will offer vocal entertainer Tony B at 7:00pm and 8:15pm. The Wheelhouse will host a Farewell dance date with the Randy Heddon Quartet at 9:00pm. Eric Stone will be playing the piano in Crooners from 9:00pm onwards.

This will probably be my last post for this live from thread. I’ll be working on scanning the patters and uploading my pictures to my flickr page. I’ll probably make an announcement when that task is completed and to announce when my review is done and posted to the member’s review section of CC. I have really enjoyed posting about my exploits. I hope that everyone has found my posts enjoyable and somewhat informative. Now all I have left to do is to start getting ready for the Royal T/A in a short 200 days.

Take Care All…..:):):)

Bob

Thanks Bob. Know it is tough getting back but enjoyed following your journey on this thread. just think' date=' not too many more days after this one ends will you and Holli be flying off to Venice.

Drive safely home from San Pedro. Misha will be so happy to see both of you.[/quote']

Thanks Ann;

We are gettinng excited that we;ll be able to pick Misha uo tomorow aternon.....:):):)

Bob

Tony B gets around. I believe Pia mentioned him performing on the Grand

SA cruise.

We saw him on the little Royal Princess about 5 years ago.

He grew up in the same Italian neighborhood that I lived as a child.A couple of blocks away from our house. We really enjoyed his performance on the ship.

Hope he is still on board the Sapphire when we board May 4th.

Bob ~ thanks so much for your live from the Sapphire thread! I have enjoyed reading it daily and my thoughts are with you on this "dreaded" last day with packed suit cases required in the hall tonight.

We got off the Sapphire on 3/9, the day you boarded. Our disembarkation color was pink so we saw a few of the early arrival passengers for your 3/9 Sapphire cruise.

Like you, I drag the suit cases out from under the bed and pack (as much as I can anyway) the day before the last day of the cruise. Don't know about you but it makes it easier to just get it done and deal with my end of cruise blues in other ways. It's so much more fun to unpack on embarkation day! :)

Good Morning from the Sapphire Princess. We are getting ready to dock in San Pedro. We are hoping to be off the ship by 0900. Just sitting typing this on my IP5 as an AT&T signal has returned. Enjoying the last few moments of this great aft view balcony. Gotta say, that this was are first aft view cabin and I'm hooked. An added bonus was the fact it was the end Vista balcony (beam wasn't an issue).

Got a bit of good news when the AT&T signal returned, my request for a refund for my lost AMEX TC's was approved.

Well , that's all for now, I'll post a last blurb when my review is done and my pictures are posted.

Hope All Are Well.....:):):)

Fair Winds & a Following Sea

Bob

Good Morning from the Sapphire Princess. We are getting ready to dock in San Pedro. We are hoping to be off the ship by 0900. Just sitting typing this on my IP5 as an AT&T signal has returned. Enjoying the last few moments of this great aft view balcony. Gotta say, that this was are first aft view cabin and I'm hooked. An added bonus was the fact it was the end Vista balcony (beam wasn't an issue).

Bob

Hope you got off at your selected time. We will experience our first aft balcony on our South Pacific cruise! Really looking forward to it. in 3 more days.

Got a bit of good news when the AT&T signal returned, my request for a refund for my lost AMEX TC's was approved.

Well , that's all for now, I'll post a last blurb when my review is done and my pictures are posted.

Hope All Are Well.....:):):)

So glad you enjoyed "our" Vista Suite......not sure if you saw my earlier post but we had D738 on our Hawaii cruise on the Sapphire this past December. We "splurged" on it for our 20th anniversary - we also renewed our vows on board ship.

We fell in love with the aft suite and view and now our next two cruises booked are aft suites. The dreaded beam was definitely not an issue for us either. Alice in Sabatini's was just the best wasn't she? Sorry she is leaving.....we know so well how you are feeling this morning about leaving that lovely stateroom! Safe travels home!:)

Archived