Equinox have irons to use?

mizLORInj

I know there are no self-service laundrettes on Celebrity so I will unfortunately be bringing a lot of clothes.

Can I request an iron from the cabin steward to iron everything I've jammed into the suitcase and those items I may want to hand wash? Do they have irons/ironing boards to use?

No Celebrity ship has irons for passenger use, and you are not allowed to bring your own clothes iron or steamer.

You can send items out for pressing

Hang them bear the shower when you use it

Use products like Downy Wrinkle Release

Make your own version with dilutes fabric softener in a spray bottle

I have read of the Downey Wrinkle release product in a few threads in CC but I have never seen it. Does anyone know if it is available in UK, or a similar product. I did an internet search and found it available from Amazon.co.uk but only bulk packs of 12, which is way to much for me. Anyone from UK seen it available individually?

Another suggestion for you and it has worked well for me over the years~

I use drycleaner bags when I pack. Put them in between layers and the

plastic acts as a buffer and prevents wrinkling.

As for jamming everything in the suitcase? (your words;))....I fold

everything and for the nicer items? I usually have them cleaned before

I cruise and they get packed still inside their drycleaner bags. This

method has always worked for me.

You can make your own wrinkle release product with liquid fabric softener, diluted, in a spay bottle. Test on the clothes you will take first.

If you are cOming to the US a day ahead, you can buy the commercial product in nearly every grocery store

I'm a guy so it's probably easier for me, but I find the "rolling your clothes" trick helps reduce wrinkles and saves space. Taking or running a hot shower helps steam up the bathroom to reduce wrinkles some.

The prices have been posted on here for pressing (not cleaning/laundering) and they aren't so bad; might be worth it for the couple formal nights? Aside from that, you're on vacation!

I'm glad there are no irons on board. Less possibility of fires. I can't even remember the last time I ironed anything. A couple of years ago, my daughter and family were here for Easter. My SIL asked where my iron was so he could touch up his and his son's shirts for church. It took several minutes of searching in the basement before I found the iron.

Once my DH totally retired, so did the iron, lol. No need for dress shirts. I did occasionally touch one up to wear to a wedding, but that's it. He's been gone for 4 1/2 yrs and the iron is not used by me at all.

The wrinkle release works great and there is at least one other brand of it.

When I shop for clothes, I check the labels for care instructions. If it says dry clean or iron or hand wash, it goes back on the rack. Life's too short to have to iron anything! :D

Wow, at least NCL will bring one to your room to use.

ok, good to know, thanks.

Hi Lori -- we're on your roll-call. I was reading your original post, while taking a break from my pre-cruise ironing, lol! :p

I usually take a page from Lois's book, and hang my carefully pressed clothes in individual dry-cleaner bags, before putting them in my suitcase or garment bag. If I find that something has gotten wrinkled when unpack, I just hang it in a steamy shower for a few minutes. I've never tried the commercial "wrinkle-release" sprays, but some posters here swear by them. Worst case scenario, Celebrity's laundry offers a reasonably priced pressing service. And, once you get to Elite, there are some free laundry/dry cleaning/pressing perks, too! :cool:

Anyway, we're all going to be too busy having fun on Equinox to worry about ironing! Looking forward to meeting you at the sail-away party! :D

Hi Lori -- we're on your roll-call. I was reading your original post, while taking a break from my pre-cruise ironing, lol! :p

:cool:

Anyway, we're all going to be too busy having fun on Equinox to worry about ironing! Looking forward to meeting you at the sail-away party! :D

I'll be the one in the wrinkled clothes! LOL I do roll everything before packing and will end up pressing the tops/skirts and even shorts before I roll them because I just took them out of the dresser they're in for the winter and they are a wrinkled mess. I'll try the plastic wrapping method this time too. Not packing formals; just a nice dress or 2. :p

I've not heard of wrinkle release but will check Publix before getting on the ship. Assuming it's by detergents. (I don't trust the ships laundry with any fine garments).

Archived