Have you ever met someone famous on a cruise?

golf43

And episode of According to Jim was filmed on our Disney Cruise in January of 2004. From a distance I saw Jim Belushi, Courtney Thorne-Smith and others. One day while I was relaxing on the comfy deck chairs on Deck 4 Brad Paisley and Kim Williams-Paisley sat down a few chairs down from me. I just happened to be reading the current issue of Red Book Magazine in which Kim used to write a newlywed column and had them both autograph it. They were both very nice and Brad said to me as he was signing it "it's all lies".......

I heard from others that Brad and Jim did some impromptu performances on deck and in the nightclub but I never was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

When we boarded the ship we had a letter and an autographed picture of the cast waiting for us which I thought was very nice. :)

Marvin Hamlisch-----absolutely wonderful

Jonathan Winters---very funny

Marion Ross, the mom on Happy Days---very unfriendly and rude

David Brenner---very nice

Olympians Bart Conner and Nadia Comanich---he was great, she was rude

Julie Andrews--ship Godmother---very, very classy

Regis and his wife Joy---terrible, very rude to the crew, expected to be treated like royalty, she was the worst.

Buzz Aldrin, Astronaut---not very nice, he was selling his book on board and refused to autograph them

There have also been Broadway stars, soap opera stars and lots of famous writers and TV reporters.

We met Roger Mcguinn (Byrds) and his wife Camilla last year on the Queen Elizabeth, they were taking the cruise from LA to Auckland.

Roger McGuinn is on the Queen Victoria this year starting March 5th from Sydney to San Francisco. He's going to be a guest speaker.

Don

Marvin Hamlisch-----absolutely wonderful

Jonathan Winters---very funny

Marion Ross, the mom on Happy Days---very unfriendly and rude

David Brenner---very nice

Olympians Bart Conner and Nadia Comanich---he was great, she was rude

Julie Andrews--ship Godmother---very, very classy

Regis and his wife Joy---terrible, very rude to the crew, expected to be treated like royalty, she was the worst.

Buzz Aldrin, Astronaut---not very nice, he was selling his book on board and refused to autograph them

There have also been Broadway stars, soap opera stars and lots of famous writers and TV reporters.

Do u remember any of the soap stars and any opinions of them?

Susan Seaforth Hayes and her husband Bill Hayes were fantastic. They did the play Love Letters. Suzanne Rodgers was also lovely. Sorry, I can't remember their real names, but only character names, such as EJ (Sammy's man), Michael Baldwin, Phyllis Newman, Rick Forrester and a few others. I've never encountered a mean or rude soap star.

Susan Seaforth Hayes and her husband Bill Hayes were fantastic. They did the play Love Letters. Suzanne Rodgers was also lovely. Sorry, I can't remember their real names, but only character names, such as EJ (Sammy's man), Michael Baldwin, Phyllis Newman, Rick Forrester and a few others. I've never encountered a mean or rude soap star.

Do you remember the cruise lines you saw them on?

I've never met anyone famous on a cruise, but When we vacationed in Key largo, The cast of CSI Miami was filming in the everglades, and staying at the same resort. I shared a hotel shuttle from town back to the resort with Emily Proctor. She was sweet. We talked about the best ice creams at the little shop in town. We had dinner with the Coroner and police officer (I can't remember their names). Also very nice. Never saw David Caruso.

On our recent December cruise on The Serenade of the Seas we shared a table at noon with Judith Rocchiccioli a published author from New Orleans. She and her husband are two of the friendliest people you can come across.

And while she spent most of the cruise writing on a fourth novel her husband was all over the ship. He always made it a point to stop whatever he was doing and come by to speak with us every time he saw us. And when she took a break to walk around the ship she too always made it a point to come by and spend a few minutes with us to see how our cruise was going.

Edited by lady_cruiser