Who do we call to get full suite benefits

synet165

But did you have dinner menus each day? We had nice breakfast menus, just not lunch or dinner.

Janet

Yes Janet we did. Our steward asked us at embarkation if we wanted the full menus in our cabin for the following day and he made sure at turn down that the menu's were left for us for the entire cruise. We have never done this before this cruise but it really helped us to choose where we wished to dine each evening.

Another thing about the provided breakfast menu card . . I'm assuming that was a door hanger that went out the night before, with a specified delivery time. We don't like to specify a time and be tied to that, so we waited until waking and then ordered. By the time we were dressed, breakfast was delivered! Soo fast. Not sure if that had to do with being in a suite, but it was sure efficient!

This being our first suite.....what is a good gratutity (extra)to leave our canin steward for good service?? Thanks!!! What about tipping the sanctuary attendants? Any have a good guideline? I don't want to go "overboard" but want to make sure they know they are/were appreciated.

We have a suite for the first time on our Alaska cruise in Sept. My adult son is traveling with us but in an inside only to sleep - he will hang out with us. If we decide to order a meal from the dining room can we get enough for him too? I know he can't go to Sabatini's.

My two children, age 17 and 18, are booked in an inside cabin while we have a suite. My TA called Princess and was told that they would receive full suite benefits as well. I'm not sure about the free dinner at a specialty restaurant, I would be willing to pay the cover charge for that, but he did ask if they could have breakfast with us at Sabatini's. They said yes they could.

We will see...

If the TA said "full suite benefits" then they misled you.

You will have no problem ordering from the dining room menus for you all to share a meal in your suite and you can probably get by with sending out their clothes along with yours for laundry service as well as them being able to accompany you with your priority tender tickets; however you may run into a problem at Sabatini's depending on the ship.

So just go with the flow and don't be too disappointed if they cannot avail themselves of some of the perks.

Have a great cruise!

Mike:)

You will have no problem ordering from the dining room menus for you all to share a meal in your suite and you can probably get by with sending out their clothes along with yours for laundry service as well as them being able to accompany you with your priority tender tickets; however you may run into a problem at Sabatini's depending on the ship.

I would not expect they could eat breakfast at Sabatini's with you.

Of course they could share in any food or beverage that is in your suite.

I would not expect they could eat breakfast at Sabatini's with you.

Of course they could share in any food or beverage that is in your suite.

I'm really not worried about it. Just happy to be in a full suite on a 15 day trip to Hawaii over Christmas with my family. Not looking for anything for free.

So just go with the flow and don't be too disappointed if they cannot avail themselves of some of the perks.

Have a great cruise!

I don't really care about the suite benefits for the kids. Originally, we were booked to have all four of us in the suite. Then I found out that it would save us $1500 to have the kids in their own cabin. Extra bathroom!! I was just wondering if they could have breakfast with us, being children, even if they are teenagers. That's all. No worries.

Thanks for your help!!

My two children, age 17 and 18, are booked in an inside cabin while we have a suite. My TA called Princess and was told that they would receive full suite benefits as well. I'm not sure about the free dinner at a specialty restaurant, I would be willing to pay the cover charge for that, but he did ask if they could have breakfast with us at Sabatini's. They said yes they could.

We will see...

You are correct that you will have to pay the cover charge for them in the specialty restaurant. And yes they will NOT be allowed in Sabatini's for breakfast. I have seen them turn family members in other cabins away - and good for them.

People say that the unlimited internet was taken away because people allowed family and friends to use thmembers and friends to use their minutes - This is the same thing - if this is allowed -Sabatini's breakfast will be history also.

Experiences from E733 last week...

"Leave your shoes on the bed" to get them shined, is what our room steward told us.

He also insisted- insisted -that we put my son's and his fiancee's laundry in the same bag as our complimentary stuff. I had set them up with Purex and quarters to do theirs in the launderette and wasn't planning on that perk being extended to their cabin. We were told to do this, so please don't liken me to an Internet Killer for this. :p

The enhanced bathroom goodies will be there, but ask for refills if you need more. Plush robes were there in the closet.

You will have to bring up the topic of alternate pillows with your steward, but those are available.

You have to call Room Service if you want to trade the mini-bar for two Coffee Cards. No one else will know about doing this, it's too new.

You don't have to ask for boutonnieres or canapes on first Formal Night, but you have to put out a hanger for canapes on non-formal nights.

Wrote a personal note to the Captain on the suite stationery and got a personal note back. But really, you probably don't have to be in a Suite to get a nice response!

I was wait-listed (#26, so very close) for Ultimate Ship's Tour but I feel if I had spoken up, they would have bumped someone to accommodate me as a Suite guest. I chose not to press it.

And as for noise in E733 - the band's stage is on the Port side and well isolated from this suite which is on Starboard side. Not that much gets through the white noise of the wake anyhow! We could not even hear the announcements when in the suite. Love that wake.

Rick

We are currently in aft suite D737 on the Star Princess and it has been an awesome experience. I especially love stretching out on the chaise in the afternoon reading while listening to the white noise of the wake.

There are flowers in the living room and in the bathroom. They actually replace the individual flowers as they wilt. And I have used the jacuzzi tub a few times already - it takes a long time to fill but the jets work quite nicely.

There will be a special binder in the room listing all of the suite benefits so make sure to review it so that you don't miss anything.

One thing that isn't listed though is a discontinued perk of free internet. However, if you booked prior to July 15th as we did, Princess grandfathered this benefit. I was glad that I brought along copies of confirmation of that benefit from Facebook and an email from customer service. Passenger Services said there was no such thing, but I produced both and they took copies, then called me to say that they would wipe off the internet charges from our folio two days before the end of the trip. If you booked prior to July 15, 2012, write to Customer Service and get confirmation of that benefit - and remember to take it along!

Passenger Services said ... they would wipe off the internet charges from our folio two days before the end of the trip.

Be sure to "purchase" a package that will cover your use through the end of the cruise. If you are "paying" by the minute, then charges will add after that removal of previous charges and you will not be allowed to use the internet after about 11 PM the last evening. With a package, you can use the minutes until you disembark.

I am sure you will be checking before the last morning to make sure the charges were deleted.

You are correct that you will have to pay the cover charge for them in the specialty restaurant. And yes they will NOT be allowed in Sabatini's for breakfast. I have seen them turn family members in other cabins away - and good for them.

People say that the unlimited internet was taken away because people allowed family and friends to use thmembers and friends to use their minutes - This is the same thing - if this is allowed -Sabatini's breakfast will be history also.

Perfect! Now my husband and I can enjoy breakfast by ourselves!

Thanks so much for your response.

What do you mean by earning double credit for the cruise?

Cruising as a single or cruising in a suite counts as double towards the next level in the captain's cirlce. Gold, Platinum or Elite levels.

:)Thank you all for your replies. This will be our first time in a full suite, we have always had mini-suites on Princess. Princess balcony rooms have no seating areas, and frankly I have no intention of ever spending my vacation sitting on the bed. We have never been upgraded on any cruise line and booked the suite at launch price last spring.

Everybody enjoy.

synet165:)

Be sure to "purchase" a package that will cover your use through the end of the cruise. If you are "paying" by the minute, then charges will add after that removal of previous charges and you will not be allowed to use the internet after about 11 PM the last evening. With a package, you can use the minutes until you disembark.

I am sure you will be checking before the last morning to make sure the charges were deleted.

We have done just that, and if we find ourselves running low a couple days before the end of the cruise, we'll get another package.

We are booked onto our first Princess cruise (we are regular cruisers, just new to Princess) and have a suite on Island Princess.

I found this thread very useful and interesting, but have just one query which perhaps someone could answer for me.

On some other cruise lines, particuarly where the suite includes a butler, dining from the MDR menu has been a no cost benefit of being in a suite. I had, however, been assuming that, on Princess, even in a suite, there is a cost for dining on your balcony, though having read this thread I am now not so sure.

Am I correct in this assumption and that there is a charge?

If I am correct, then what is the charge for balcony dining in a suite.

And now for the really stupid question. What is a coffee card and where does one use it? Do we not have a coffee maker / courtesy tray in the suite?

Many Thanks

W

On some other cruise lines, particuarly where the suite includes a butler, dining from the MDR menu has been a no cost benefit of being in a suite. I had, however, been assuming that, on Princess, even in a suite, there is a cost for dining on your balcony, though having read this thread I am now not so sure.

Am I correct in this assumption and that there is a charge? Your steward should provide the daily MDR menus (if not provided, ask him/her). Anything you order off of them is free. A multi-course order is delivered all at the same time along with linens (which room service sets up on your balcony table). It is a great alternative when feeling romantic or anti social :p. When dinner coincides with a sail-away it can be magical (we had an aft facing suite on the Sapphire and had dinner as we sailed out of San Francisco Bay at sunset -- a never to be forgotten experience).

If I am correct, then what is the charge for balcony dining in a suite. The Ultimate Balcony Dinner - which is available to all balcony cabins - costs $50 per person and is highly regarded on this board. We haven't done it but I'd recommend you do a 'search' on it.

And now for the really stupid question. What is a coffee card and where does one use it? Do we not have a coffee maker / courtesy tray in the suite? No coffee makers in any cabin - 'regular' coffee is available from room service. I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't pay much attention to it but I think it is good for 15 'specialty' coffees (lattes, capucinos, etc.) and unlimited brewed coffee and can be used in the dining rooms. I'm sure someone else will chime in on this :D.

Many Thanks

Enjoy the Island - it and her sister ship (the Coral Princess) are our favorite Princess ships!

Archived