CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

Mr. Pete is a Carnival Cheerleader.............hmmmm Doesn't have an open mind and is a JH fan.............sad.

That is so far from the truth. Obviously, you have not been around long enough to know the Mr. Pete does not shake pom poms for Carnival. ;)

My husband, our son and I are on the March 23 cruise. My husband works at a hotel here in Orlando and ran into a woman that just got off the St. Maarten stop. She said everything was wonderful on the boat and were treated very well. She also added that they have to deep clean the boat twice a year and since they weren't going to make it back to Port Canaveral in time they decided to do it now. So if anyone is on the March 23 cruise, we may be in luck because it seems that they are going to have it scrubbed from top to bottom!!

My husband, our son and I are on the March 23 cruise. My husband works at a hotel here in Orlando and ran into a woman that just got off the St. Maarten stop. She said everything was wonderful on the boat and were treated very well. She also added that they have to deep clean the boat twice a year and since they weren't going to make it back to Port Canaveral in time they decided to do it now. So if anyone is on the March 23 cruise, we may be in luck because it seems that they are going to have it scrubbed from top to bottom!!

That's awesome!! I will be on there with you with my daughter!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston Bill viewpost.gif

I have only been here a few days but I think it is safe to say that some of the authors here are the kings and queens of conspiracy. They are engineers, lawyers, immigration officers, company CEOs and the biggest cruise experts in the world and are armed with a big wooden spoon. I thought classic car enthusiasts were bad enough but my God this web site is ......................I dont have the right words.

Train wreck?

Dead horse?

I concur -- about 25% of the carnival boards--- this is equivalent to 3rd graders on a playground--you can actually be flamed here for asking an innocent question -- sometimes better to sift through the swamp and just read what you need!

Mr. Pete is ok..can come up with some shockers becasuse he is smart..has a high wit, can be a devil's advocate to get to the truth and can really make you laugh...and he even says sorry in the extremely right important situations...the smooth over the big mistake stuff..even when half is one's own, to be chivalrous..and he gives the big picture so you know all the angles..and then goes for some east coast sass and tolerates us westies..LOL...Sarah

Mr. Pete is ok..can come up with some shockers becasuse he is smart..has a high wit, can be a devil's advocate to get to the truth and can really make you laugh...and he even says sorry in the extremely right important situations...the smooth over the big mistake stuff..even when half is one's own, to be chivalrous..and he gives the big picture so you know all the angles..and then goes for some east coast sass and tolerates us westies..LOL...Sarah

East coast sass + NY = :eek:

Still love the Westies, though. ;)

My husband works at a hotel here in Orlando and ran into a woman that just got off the St. Maarten stop. She said everything was wonderful on the boat and were treated very well.

For what it's worth, I want to add that every single returning Carnival passenger I have seen interviewed on our local TV news stations (Orlando) has given glowing reviews of the great way Carnival has taken care of them. That's pretty impressive - you'd think you'd hear at least one complaint, but nada. :)

I already posted in another thread, but we just got back home last night from being on the Dream. It was awesome! The crew worked hard and bent over backwards for us. It does not surprise me at all to hear that you aren't seeing any negative comments from people that were there.

I can only think of three negative things about the experience, and they weren't really that big of a deal. Here they are.

1) The elevators and toilet systems were turned off for roughly three hours Wednesday evening. However they annouced this in advance and it was during the dining hours, so it really wasn't that big of an inconvenience.

2) On Thursday morning they kind of left us in the dark. Typically the cruise director gets on the intercom around 8 am or so and makes some announcements. But this morning it was silent until about 10:30 - 11:00am or so (if my memory is correct). At they time they notified us that we weren't going anywhere and we'd be flying out of St. Maarten. Again, just a minor inconvenience, but some people were a little irritated that they weren't telling us anything. But they were doing a lot of work in the background.

3) This was the biggest sore spot with many people. On Thursday when the flight assignments started coming out, many people had some issues with their flights. I'm not sure what the problems were with others, but for us, we had a group of 8 people, and they split up our flights. So our 11 yr old daughter was on a different flight from us. To change flight arrangements, they had us go to a meeting room. Once you got there you received a number and waited for your number to be called. They said the wait would be about 2 hours, but I think it was longer than that. After a while they gave us a phone number that we could call on our cell phones to make flight arrangements. So many of us did this and this sped things up quite a bit. There were some grumpy people in line, but for the most part, people kept a positive attitude. We ended up getting a direct flight from St. Maarten back to Minneapolis, so that was pretty slick.

We had a fantastic vacation and being "stranded" in St. Maarten only added to the great experience. I have nothing but good things to say about the way Carnival and the crew handled the situation.

I already posted in another thread, but we just got back home last night from being on the Dream. It was awesome! The crew worked hard and bent over backwards for us. It does not surprise me at all to hear that you aren't seeing any negative comments from people that were there.

I can only think of three negative things about the experience, and they weren't really that big of a deal. Here they are.

1) The elevators and toilet systems were turned off for roughly three hours Wednesday evening. However they annouced this in advance and it was during the dining hours, so it really wasn't that big of an inconvenience.

2) On Thursday morning they kind of left us in the dark. Typically the cruise director gets on the intercom around 8 am or so and makes some announcements. But this morning it was silent until about 10:30 - 11:00am or so (if my memory is correct). At they time they notified us that we weren't going anywhere and we'd be flying out of St. Maarten. Again, just a minor inconvenience, but some people were a little irritated that they weren't telling us anything. But they were doing a lot of work in the background.

3) This was the biggest sore spot with many people. On Thursday when the flight assignments started coming out, many people had some issues with their flights. I'm not sure what the problems were with others, but for us, we had a group of 8 people, and they split up our flights. So our 11 yr old daughter was on a different flight from us. To change flight arrangements, they had us go to a meeting room. Once you got there you received a number and waited for your number to be called. They said the wait would be about 2 hours, but I think it was longer than that. After a while they gave us a phone number that we could call on our cell phones to make flight arrangements. So many of us did this and this sped things up quite a bit. There were some grumpy people in line, but for the most part, people kept a positive attitude. We ended up getting a direct flight from St. Maarten back to Minneapolis, so that was pretty slick.

We had a fantastic vacation and being "stranded" in St. Maarten only added to the great experience. I have nothing but good things to say about the way Carnival and the crew handled the situation.

So glad that everything worked out for you. Thank you for taking the time to post!!

For what it's worth, I want to add that every single returning Carnival passenger I have seen interviewed on our local TV news stations (Orlando) has given glowing reviews of the great way Carnival has taken care of them. That's pretty impressive - you'd think you'd hear at least one complaint, but nada. :)

That's nice but the big picture is anther ship broke down. They were lucky it didn't happen at sea. I'd be happy breaking down in St. Maarten too and then I'd booking my next cruise with someone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's nice but the big picture is anther ship broke down. They were lucky it didn't happen at sea. I'd be happy breaking down in St. Maarten too and then I'd booking my next cruise with someone else.

The issue that happened wouldn't have happened at sea as the test performed is done when the ship is docked.

CCL was lucky that they found the emergency generator problem during a test and not a real emergency.

The issue that happened wouldn't have happened at sea as the test performed is done when the ship is docked.

CCL was lucky that they found the emergency generator problem during a test and not a real emergency.

...and the odds of that happening are? Splendor, Triumph...yes they were lucky and so were the passengers.

...and the odds of that happening are? Splendor, Triumph...yes they were lucky and so were the passengers.

Well the odds would seem to be good since they reportedly do that test every week while in port.

It wasn't luck. It was maintenance.

I am sure you would prefer to book with someone else based on your post history, so Carnival may not be a proper fit for you.

Most of us accept the recent events for what they are, and that is a run of bad luck.

Enjoy your cruises on the other line.

It wasn't luck. It was maintenance.

I am sure you would prefer to book with someone else based on your post history, so Carnival may not be a proper fit for you.

Most of us accept the recent events for what they are, and that is a run of bad luck.

Enjoy your cruises on the other line.

Valid post. While anyone can post anywhere, it does make one wonder where they come from out of the woodwork.

Archived