Carnival Dream Stranded in St. Martin

Thank You for understand ing what I was suppositioning and why!! Definitely makes me feel that at least one member of this community can see why I said it.

And for what it's worth, I am often up roaming the ship at 3 am but I have NEVER called CNN or the USCG

And for those that think that ANYTIME a person uses Caps they are yelling....Why Yes I was, But IF I only Capitalize one or two words in Caps it is STRESSING my Point, Not Yelling it. Yelling is typing the entire statement/reply/post in Caps. Stressing a point is one or 2 words all in caps because some folk just do not get the point or...........

SwissMyst, Once again I say THANK YOU!!!:)

Oh and I try not to let those Few who like to "pile" it on get to me. Sometimes they do, but I will not let them get to me for long:) I am a survivor.

Joanie

Joanie, you seem like a very nice person to me. You are always helpful to those who need questions answered on these boards. I feel you have a right to your opinions, and maybe there are some folks out there that do not agree with you, but I don't see the need for some of these somewhat nasty posts aimed in your direction. I haven't been posting on these boards for a long time like others, and no, I haven't taken 30 or 40 cruises on HAL, but in the short time I have been reading these boards, I have realized that you capitalize sometimes to stress a point. I don't get the impression that you are yelling at anyone. Maybe if you italicize or underline a word or two that you are trying to emphasize, some of these folks won't get their knickers in a knot!:) Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I understood the meaning of your statement(s) here and on other posts, and I am not one of those who are sending bad vibes your way........and thank you for all the helpful tips and answers you have given me over the last few years.

All I can say is that it seems there are a lot of people in a very grumpy mood out there the last few days! I think everybody needs to lighten up and not be so critical of others. I know it is not a perfect world, but I can still hope for one.......

Joanie, you seem like a very nice person to me. You are always helpful to those who need questions answered on these boards. I feel you have a right to your opinions, and maybe there are some folks out there that do not agree with you, but I don't see the need for some of these somewhat nasty posts aimed in your direction. I haven't been posting on these boards for a long time like others, and no, I haven't taken 30 or 40 cruises on HAL, but in the short time I have been reading these boards, I have realized that you capitalize sometimes to stress a point. I don't get the impression that you are yelling at anyone. Maybe if you italicize or underline a word or two that you are trying to emphasize, some of these folks won't get their knickers in a knot!:) Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I understood the meaning of your statement(s) here and on other posts, and I am not one of those who are sending bad vibes your way........and thank you for all the helpful tips and answers you have given me over the last few years.

All I can say is that it seems there are a lot of people in a very grumpy mood out there the last few days! I think everybody needs to lighten up and not be so critical of others. I know it is not a perfect world, but I can still hope for one.......

I am not feeling grumpy at all----just so very weary.

And for those that think that ANYTIME a person uses Caps they are yelling....Why Yes I was, But IF I only Capitalize one or two words in Caps it is STRESSING my Point, Not Yelling it:) Yelling is typing the entire statement/reply/post in Caps. Stressing a point is one or 2 words all in caps because some folk just do not get the point or...........

Now you're making up your own rules.

Like I said before, use other methods to emphasize your point other than putting the word(s) in all caps. Unless, of course, your intent is to offend. :eek:

[emphasis mine]

People, do your research & get your info. from Carnival not gossip! Here is the link to Carnival's site that states what's going on with the Dream. They are NOT being held captive!! LOL!

*STATEMENT REGARDING CARNIVAL DREAM can be found here:

http://carnival-news.com/2013/03/15/statement-regarding-carnival-dream-900am/

People, do your research & get your info. from Carnival not gossip! Here is the link to Carnival's site that states what's going on with the Dream. They are NOT being held captive!! LOL!

Thank you for this new (to me) update:)

Sounds like a Dream to be on for sure right now:) Look at the fun things the remaining passengers get to do and enjoy for free:)

Joanie

I sure wish I was one of these Dream passengers enjoying this Nightmare cruise :D To me this sounds like the perfect vacation. St Maarten is one of my favorite port stops.

Thank you Linda!!

I have tried other forms of emphasizing points in the past, to no avail. There are those who refuse to see things unless they are emphasized more stringently. I have recognized these few and realized that no matter what is said, they will be offended by the most minute thing. Rightly or wrongly there is nothing I can do short of stop posting completely on these boards. BUT..I wioll not do that and ask that noone get involved in these petty bickering over things such as this.

Life is to short and we NEED to enjoy the time we have to live....and not do so with pettiness and nit picking, but with kindness and joy to all:) Hope that makes sense:)

I can and will continue to enjoy these boards and the 99.99% of the CC members who make these boards a pleasant place to be. I ask that everyone else does the same and just ignore those who don't..

Joanie

Thank you Linda!!

I have tried other forms of emphasizing points in the past, to no avail. There are those who refuse to see things unless they are emphasized more stringently. I have recognized these few and realized that no matter what is said, they will be offended by the most minute thing. Rightly or wrongly there is nothing I can do short of stop posting completely on these boards. BUT..I wioll not do that and ask that noone get involved in these petty bickering over things such as this.

Life is to short and we NEED to enjoy the time we have to live....and not do so with pettiness and nit picking, but with kindness and joy to all:) Hope that makes sense:)

I can and will continue to enjoy these boards and the 99.99% of the CC members who make these boards a pleasant place to be. I ask that everyone else does the same and just ignore those who don't..

Joanie

You are welcome, Joanie. I felt you needed a few words of support.....you (and many others) have helped less experienced cruisers like myself with some great tips and advice. Keep up the good work!

Thank you Linda!!

Joanie

You go Joanie !! :)

I sure wish I was one of these Dream passengers enjoying this Nightmare cruise :D To me this sounds like the perfect vacation. St Maarten is one of my favorite port stops.

I can certainly think of worse places to be stuck in.;)

Ditto. And tired of being yelled at (in caps).

We're not being yelled at. It was explained that we are not intelligent enough to understand what is being said unless capitals are used. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!???

Things that I have learned from reading this thread:

1. The Carnival Dream is stuck in St Martin.

2. Carnival is flying the passengers back to Florida.

3. People who post at 3am may or may not be drunk.

4. Using CAPS is frowned upon.

5. Most people who talk to the media about something that goes wrong on a cruise ship are looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Just sayin :rolleyes:

Things that I have learned from reading this thread:

5. Most people who talk to the media about something that goes wrong on a cruise ship are looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Just sayin :rolleyes:

LOL. Everything I have learned about life has been either from Cruise Critic or The Big Bang Theory. :D

We're not being yelled at. It was explained that we are not intelligent enough to understand what is being said unless capitals are used. NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!???

Note to self... do not be drinking tea when you read Cruise Critic.:D

[quote name='Boytjie']The Flightstats website is cool! It shows 4 Delta flights in the air form St. Maarten (SXM) to Orlando (MCO) and two on their way to St. Maarten right now:

[URL]http://www.flightstats.com/go/AirportTracker/airportTracker.do[/URL][/quote]

Thanks for the link!

[quote name='MrBill64']Things that I have learned from reading this thread:

Just sayin :rolleyes:[/quote]

:D hehehe...

[quote name='MrBill64']Things that I have learned from reading this thread:

Just sayin :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sapper1']LOL. Everything I have learned about life has been either from Cruise Critic or The Big Bang Theory. :D[/QUOTE]

Too funny. :D:D:D LOL

[quote name='Boytjie']The Flightstats website is cool! It shows 4 Delta flights in the air form St. Maarten (SXM) to Orlando (MCO) and two on their way to St. Maarten right now:

[URL]http://www.flightstats.com/go/AirportTracker/airportTracker.do[/URL][/quote]

oh no....new found addiction...at least the planes don't toot...

Archived