Carnival Dream Stranded in St. Martin

[quote name='DFD1']I've lost interest in the thread, but I'm curious about whether or not the Deam is still down in St. Maartin. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I just copied this from Marine Traffic dot com.
She is headed to Port Canaveral, due on the 19th.

CARNIVAL DREAM

Contribute to this page Add to My Fleet
Vessel's Details
Ship Type: Passengers ship
Year Built: 2009
Length x Breadth: 308 m X 38 m
Gross Tonnage: 128251, DeadWeight: 13815 t
Speed recorded (Max / Average): 20.9 / 18.5 knots
Flag: Panama [PA]
Call Sign: 3ETA7
IMO: 9378474, MMSI: 370490000
Last Position Received
Area: Caribbean Sea
Latitude / Longitude: 19.0256° / -64.2615° (Map)
Speed/Course 20.5 knots / 306˚
Last Known Port: PHILIPSBURG
Info Received: 0d 15h 14min ago (AIS Source: 367)
Not Currently in Range
Itineraries History
Voyage Related Info (Last Received)
Draught: 8.4 m
Destination: PORT CANAVERAL
ETA: 2013-03-19 22:30
Info Received: 2013-03-17 17:31 (0d, 18h 41min ago)
Recent Port Calls:
No Records Found
Ex Names History
No Records Found

[quote name='SwissMyst']Joanie, I get your initial assumption because the 3am message was combined with that same passenger doing something [I]really, really[/I] stupid. Much like the Ryndam passenger trying to drop the anchor in the wee small hours. I think you are getting unfairly piled on right now, so know there are others who are reaching out in sympathy for your initial, if unfounded, reasonable supposition.[/quote]

I totally agree. There are a few on here who have gotten very rude and have buddies who back them up whenever it is pointed out. Kind of like bullies on a third grade playground.
Thankfully it is a small minority.

[quote name='sapper1']I just copied this from Marine Traffic dot com.
She is headed to Port Canaveral, due on the 19th.

CARNIVAL DREAM

Contribute to this page Add to My Fleet
Vessel's Details
Ship Type: Passengers ship
Year Built: 2009
Length x Breadth: 308 m X 38 m
Gross Tonnage: 128251, DeadWeight: 13815 t
Speed recorded (Max / Average): 20.9 / 18.5 knots
Flag: Panama [PA]
Call Sign: 3ETA7
IMO: 9378474, MMSI: 370490000
Last Position Received
Area: Caribbean Sea
Latitude / Longitude: 19.0256° / -64.2615° (Map)
Speed/Course 20.5 knots / 306˚
Last Known Port: PHILIPSBURG
Info Received: 0d 15h 14min ago (AIS Source: 367)
Not Currently in Range
Itineraries History
Voyage Related Info (Last Received)
Draught: 8.4 m
Destination: PORT CANAVERAL
ETA: 2013-03-19 22:30
Info Received: 2013-03-17 17:31 (0d, 18h 41min ago)
Recent Port Calls:
No Records Found
Ex Names History
No Records Found[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks for this info, sapper. I assume the ship is down to zero passengers or did they let some stay on? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks for this info, sapper. I assume the ship is down to zero passengers or did they let some stay on? [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Good question. I guess a quick check of the Carnival boards would be in order. :)

[quote name='lollytw']That was really sarcastic, Sapper. I've just been going through all the posts as of late, and I'm saddened to see Joanie being picked on once again. Some people ignore a lot of the posts they disagree with, but there are those who can't seem to stop picking on certain people. I've met Joanie and think I know her heart. She's a really good person, and yes, she uses caps somestimes, but for heaven's sake don't take it so personally.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]Loosey, Please ignore this thread and some of the posts that are not that nice. I want no one and I repeat [U]NO ONE[/U] to get in trouble with the hosts. It is more important to me that everyone understands the helpful posts and the information in them:) The best way to do that is to just ignore the posts we do not agree with and not give satisfaction to the ones that are not at all helpful.

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='startwin'][B][COLOR=red]"[I]Sometimes Silence Is a Really Good Answer"[/I][/COLOR][/B][/quote]

Do you fail to see the hypocrisy in many of your posts on this thread?

So sad the people driven away and afraid to post because of such posts.

It is best to not comment if you do not have anything nice to say, are WEARY, GRUMPY, or just HATEFUL and MEAN.

Many of us use these boards to get or give advice and encourage others. It's a real shame for a couple angry people to drive so many away.

Joanie, you are very respected in my book and are the spirit of the boards. You offer help and tons of advice. Who knows how many you have helped over the years. I don't remember EVER thinking I needed to hit the ignore button or report a post of yours.
We should ALL hope the same could be said of us.:)

Okay, I have been "told". Apparently when I comment on a thread, if it's a couple of days old, I'm resurrecting it to cause trouble. Gee, I thought we were supposed to join a thread any time we saw fit? Sorry. This is precisely why I don't often come on Cruise Critic anymore--there are just too many "critics" for me. I defended Joanie because she has been, for me, a great source of information for cruising and I hated to see her slammed. Pllus, I met her and found her to be a lovely person. But a few people on this site (you do know who you are) have taken a dislike to her and post negatives to or about her whenever then can. I remember trying to make friends with one person who was so negative about Joanie, and all I got was more negativity. Why can't we all just be friendly on this site? And to the one poster (I won't name names), I wasn't checking all your posts. It was all general posts. Please don't be so paranoid. I had fun going on here in the beginning, but I get people who don't come on here anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Boytjie']Interesting article on how those passengers on the Dream who don't fly got back to Florida: [URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2013/03/26/when-cruise-lines-work-together/[/URL][/quote]

Thanks for posting it, that's really interesting. How nice of NCL to take the pax onboard, and a great way for them to experience another cruise line;)

[quote name='Boytjie']Interesting article on how those passengers on the Dream who don't fly got back to Florida: [URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2013/03/26/when-cruise-lines-work-together/[/URL][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Thank you so much for posting this. Great article and nice info. I think it was a win-win for both cruise lines.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I have a funny story about the Dream mishap. On Thursday, 3/13 I was asleep on the Westerdam, but woke for just a few minutes and noticed we weren't moving and knew we had reached St. Maarten. I opened one eye, looked out the window and saw Carnival Dream painted on a ship next to us. I fell back asleep and when I got up a couple of hours later I looked out onto our balcony and there sat RCCL Freedom of the Seas. I checked the personal cruise log I make before our trips and Dream was not one of the ships I had listed as being in port with us.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]DH went ashore to his excursion, while I sat on our balcony scratching my head and saying to myself "I know I saw the Dream this morning." I honestly thought I was "losing it" and tried to analyze why I would dream such a thing. DH returned to the ship and I jokingly asked him if he happened to see the Dream while he was out. He said "yes, she's on the other side of Freedom of the Seas."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]It never occurred to me that a ship had pulled in between us. :o We eventually turned on our computer and of course learned why Dream was in port. We got a chuckle out of me sitting there all day thinking I had a dream that I saw the Dream.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

[B] Thanks for this, Peter.
I wondered about those folks who do not/cannot fly.
Kudos to both Carnival and NCL for taking care of them.

[/B]

How excellent and great that Norwegian could help out. I wondered because I did assume there would be some that just could not fly.

Norwegian may have earned some new passengers from this helpfulness. I found it interesting that the comment was made the food was better :)
While the palet is subjective I tend to agree that Norwegian really does have some good food contrary to what some might think ;)

Archived