A general observation of this website

Dayenu

This text for instance is size 7.

Yeah, and incredibly obnoxious, IMO. Sorry, no offense. I trust you were only making a point. :D

If someone needs to make the font larger, they can do so on their computer by pressing the Ctrl button and either scrolling up and down with their mouse dial or pressing the + or - button at the same time. Try it, it works, and it's much "kinder" than changing the font to something so huge.

In the last year I have started to need reading glasses for most everything but that large font is not easy on my eyes. Neither is the mixed capital and lower case. I would much rather read all caps than the mix.

When you use all capitols it may be considered yelling!

Yep, about as bad as those who never use a capital letter, ever. Even to begin a sentence or when writing "I". Maybe that would be considered whispering? :D

In fact studies suggest that mixed cap text is far easier for most people to read. Those with vision challenges generally find larger font sizes and surrounding white space contribute far more to readability than all caps. Typeface and color can also made a difference.

If a person has problems reading text on Cruise Critic, they will have trouble reading test on virtually all web sites they may visit. A person with these challenges - and as the days go by, I am getting closer to that challenge myself - should consider increasing the size of the text that their monitor will display.

For instance, on a Windows based computer running Windows 7, go to the control panel, select Display, and change your settings there. Below is a screen save of that setting tool:

text%20size.jpg

AHOY SHIPMATES

Sorry for the off topic discussion . I had never operated a computer

until the day I saw someone on CC and I wanted to learn more about the ship that operates here in JAX. My wife showed me the basics but i had no idea how to get the caps turned off till ya'll complained and my wife got home and gave me a quick keyboard lesson. I agree that the every other letter a cap was terrible even I couldn't read it. Basically I'm not

stupid just slow. Next project is learning how to check for spelling before posting

GARY

I guess a thread discussing fonts used when discussing cruising is cruise-related, but somehow for it to go on so long ....

I guess if the mods don't think it's appropriate, they'll close it, move it, or poof it.;)

Sometimes it's just fun to have a silly thread.:D

Yep, about as bad as those who never use a capital letter, ever. Even to begin a sentence or when writing "I". Maybe that would be considered whispering? :D

Unfortunately, I sometimes accidentally type a lower case letter instead of an upper case. I have relatively weak little pinkie fingers, so often when I press on the shift key, it's not always enough to capitalize letters as needed. Sometimes, I'll go back and fix them, but sometimes I don't.

HA.....just read a post that had no capitals, no commas, no periods, no nuttin'. At least it wasn't long or there wouldn't have been any paragraphs either.

Archived