Oh The Injustice of it All

Hi::)

Only CC members will relate to this post. We started cruising in 1987, with our first cruise on the NCL Norway. We took 7 cruises on NCL; 7 on Carnival; and 7 on Princess; and one, on Disney and then we discovered RCCL, where we are D+ members. Also,one on American Hawaii Lines, which is no longer around.

We've taken 1 to 3 cruises a year (mostly on RCCL) even though we live in Iowa, and have to take between 1 to 3 flights to get to our cruise ports, each time we cruise.

Now, we're finally both retired and want to cruise more...thinking of moving to Florida; and for the first time, have no future cruises booked.:confused:

DH thinks we need a new car...just because our two cars are very old; and then there is Uncle Sam, who thinks we need to pay our Federal taxes this year.

I'm hoping to book a future cruise with RCCL, after we pay our taxes and DH gets his new car...I have the bumper sticker that says my other car is a cruise ship, I really don't know why he thinks we need a new car.:eek:

Anyway, after getting these two things out of the way, I'll be ready to book another cruise. Having serious PCD after the Oasis NY Eve cruise this past December; and ready to have something in the works. Now that we have the time...finally, I'm ready to cruise more.

Sometimes our most expense is the flights out of Des Moines; where we always seem to have to transfer a couple of times to get to our cruise port. Since most of our cruises depart from Ft. Lauderdale, thinking of moving; but until then....ugh!!!:rolleyes: I need a cruise to look forward to.

I had no idea in 1987, that I would be embarking on such an addictive habit of cruising.:cool: Eveyone needs a hobby, right?

Until then, I'm on CC several times a day and hope to have at least one cruise booked, so my RCCL page won't keep reminding me "you have no reservations"....ugh...what a terrible thing to say to someone.

My family certainly doesn't understand, so that's why I'm posting to CC.

I know most of you will know what I'm going thru right now. I know I'm very lucky to have about 70 cruises in my past, but I want 70 more....

Happy cruising to everyone cruising in the near future; and I will follow along with all of the live links till I get a cruise booked. I hope it won't be too long from now. When did this become a necessity and not a once in a lifetime event? Like I said....no one in my family understands my addiciton, not even my DH....imagine him wanting a new car, just because our two old Jeeps are beyond the time to be retired.

Thanks for listening.....:p

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

One of the reasons we moved to florida in 2008, was to cruise and play golf. We are alway so busy cruising in between work, that I haven't pick up a golf club. :D

Cruising is addictive , I have 55 cruises, but we still do AI resorts and we love to go to NYC.

Come for a visit, I live in NYC......

I enjoy the weekend cruises that NCL has out of the West Side piers. It breaks up the winter months.

Hurricanes scare me; I don't want to be too close to the coast. I'm considering someplace in Central Florida, or maybe even going up into Souther Georgia. What do you all think?

Forget Georgia..........lol. No state tax in Florida, they don't tax your pensions or Social Security either.

I'm with you. We are retiring early in about 3.5 years (not that I'm keeping track or anything) and will moving somewhere warmer within driving distance to a cruise terminal. I used to be satisfied to have 1 cruise booked but now I have to have 2.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

I'm with you. We are retiring early in about 3.5 years (not that I'm keeping track or anything) and will moving somewhere warmer within driving distance to a cruise terminal. I used to be satisfied to have 1 cruise booked but now I have to have 2.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

I've already said that where ever I move to, I never want to see a snow blower again. I go up to Vermont all the time. I have friends in Londonderry and my uncle lives in Andover. I also alternate my summers between renting a house in Peru and cruises. This year is a cruise year.........lol.

I always said I never wanted to live in Florida. But now that I have a cruise addiction I have started to reconsider my statement...lol I told a family member I might have to move after retirement to be able to afford all the cruises I want to do. Baltimore is close but not enough options.

Florida has snowbirds the come down for the winter. What do you call people who move to cruise. :confused:

Sounds like a good plan to me. I too have thought seriously about moving to Florida when I retire just to be close to cruise ports. Like most of us here, I am truly addicted...sigh....

OP-

My daughter lives in Des Moines and I do not know why it is always SO expensive to fly in and out of that city. You had to have spent a fortune on airfare for your past cruises.

Hi::)

So glad so many of you understand.:D My family thinks I'm "nuts"....I told them that there are worse things to be addicted to.:eek:

We're thinking about the Ft. Lauderdale area, since most of the cruises we book leave from there....Until then, I think we will be "snowbirds" next winter; and then move to be "cruise birds"? Is there such a thing?

Anyway....even our granddaughters are grown and and in their twenties...sure I will miss them, but we will be in a warm place for them to come and visit in the wintertime, if they want.

I would sure love to book the "Quantum" Inaugural when it becomes available for booking. We were on the Oasis and then a year later, the Allure for their Inaugural sailings and had a great time.:D

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS We do plan on "retiring" both our Jeeps. Our weather is so bad here in Iowa in the wintertime that we both needed one; but now that we're both retired, we just need one new dependable car. Who knows, maybe we'll drive to Florida instead of flying...which I truly hate any more.

I remember when flying use to be fun....boy was that a long time ago.:eek:

Also, our state really taxes us a lot on our pension checks and social security...it would be nice to be in Florida where it would be a lot better.

I'm not too afraid of the hurricanes...we have tornadoes here...it seems no matter where you live, it's something.:rolleyes:

I always said I never wanted to live in Florida. But now that I have a cruise addiction I have started to reconsider my statement...lol I told a family member I might have to move after retirement to be able to afford all the cruises I want to do. Baltimore is close but not enough options.

Florida has snowbirds the come down for the winter. What do you call people who move to cruise. :confused:

Seagulls? ;)

My current plan is to summer in the north for as long as I can do my tour guide work in Niagara. I love that job and the extra income will support a lit of wintertime cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could do snowbird real easily. But summers in Florida ? No way. My patents lived there and visiting in September was awful enough. So far we don't mind the drive down though. We are nomads and take day trips all the time. And we are addicted to cruising too.

Archived