IOS 8 Day Eastern review with Pics

• 4 weeks later...
Nikon D3100 - I use a polarizing filter for outdoor shots to deepen the blues and remove reflection. That is what really helps with the colors.

You indeed have the instincts for taking very nice photos - kudos.

One thing I've noticed with various posted photos at Cruise Critic is the diversity in photo color saturation. There are various photos that seem to be "overly deep in color", making them appear un-natural. This likely comes down to taste.

I like the fact that you used a filter.

Thanks for the review and photos....nice work.

• 2 months later...

Was looking for some information on the types of activities on board this ship. My Aunt and I are going March 1, and she has never cruised before and it has been a long time since I have been able to cruise so I needed a refresher course. Thanks for all in the information, it really helped.;)

A few last pictures from our walking tour then sail away pictures

DSC_3441.jpg

DSC_3448.jpg

DSC_3456.jpg

DSC_3479.jpg

Awesome pictures, we will be on the same cruise in a couple months, quick question for you, since you have done a few walking tours of San Juan can recommend a couple good places to eat some local fare? We looked into a couple food tours but they are really expensive so we thought just to walk old town by ourselves and stop at a couple places to eat. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :D

Edited by whitshel

Awesome pictures, we will be on the same cruise in a couple months, quick question for you, since you have done a few walking tours of San Juan can recommend a couple good places to eat some local fare? We looked into a couple food tours but they are really expensive so we thought just to walk old town by ourselves and stop at a couple places to eat. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :D

Have you done research on Barrachinas? Home of the Pina Colada. They have great food. We plan on visiting there in December..

I have not. But I will look into it. Thanks! We have hiked to San crystalbol fort. (Sorry bout the spelling) can you walk to El Morro?

Yes, you can walk to El Morro from San Cristobal. Just guessing, but I think it's probably around a 20 minute walk, maybe 3/4 of a mile.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
OP, (or anyone else who knows,) where is this Cathedral located? We will be in San Juan on Christmas Day and are hoping to attend Christmas Mass.

Thanks!

Hi there. The cathedral is here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Catedral+de+San+Juan+Bautista/@18.465627,-66.118002,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8c036ec757debc93:0xcdfcc44891040630

It is within easy walking distance. We always stop in. One year we were there for Ash Wednesday.

nbsjcruiser - beautiful photos and a great review, neighbour! We will be sailing on the IOS on this itinerary on Feb 28. Can't wait!

Jess

We will be doing this itinerary on the February 14, 2015 sailing. I was sad to see that the 8 day itinerary will not be continued much longer. Indy will transition to weekly 7 day itineraries (flip flopping Eastern and Western Carib) and then transition to shorter runs of 5 day, 5 day and a 4 day to complete a two week loop.

So we are glad that we are doing this 8 day, while it is still available.

We will make sure the ship is kept well for you!!!!

That is too funny! What a small world!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a very active roll call for our cruise here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1833203

Drop in and let us know who you are and join the roll call. We're up to 185 pages already.