Live from the Pride

clarky

Nancy,

They must have given you a very generous shot of Bailey's -- I do believe you meant Charlie Palmer -- not Charlie Trotter!:D

You are exactly right, Sharon, and I was doing it to myself....the Baileys is in my cabin and I was half asleep and hurrying to write before we left to tour! Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I write so much family that I am always hurrying...that is why if you want corrrect spelling and punctuation...my posts should not be read!!!

Mr Luxury and any others interested here is the complimentary wine list.

White wines;

Sauvignon Blanc Wingspan, Nelson NZ

Sauvignon Blanc Santa Alicia, Maipo Valley Chile

Robert Mondavi, Chardonnay

Two Vines, Riesling

Pinot Grigio, Santa Margherita, Italy

Grand Ardache, Louis Latour, France

Red Wines:

Serego Alighieri, Tuscany, Italy

Chianti Superiore Banfi Montalcino Italy

Brassfield Shiraz California

Sirius Merlot-Cabernet FrancVilla Maria, Pinot Noir NZ

Mr Luxury and any others interested here is the complimentary wine list.

White wines;

Sauvignon Blanc Wingspan, Nelson NZ

Sauvignon Blanc Santa Alicia, Maipo Valley Chile

Robert Mondavi, Chardonnay

Two Vines, Riesling

Pinot Grigio, Santa Margherita, Italy

Grand Ardache, Louis Latour, France

Red Wines:

Serego Alighieri, Tuscany, Italy

Chianti Superiore Banfi Montalcino Italy

Brassfield Shiraz California

Sirius Merlot-Cabernet FrancVilla Maria, Pinot Noir NZ

Interesting. Wonder where you got that? We have four bottles in our suite and none of them are on the above list and one is a French Bordeau and we don't pay for premium wines. I have a feeling the current wine list is maybe out of date. I wonder if they really keep it up. Oh well, we are enjoying what we have had.

Nancy,

Hope you did not mind my being cheeky. And no, I certainly would not correct your punctuation or spelling because then you would be within rights to correct mine and often when I am in a hurry I don't proof read carefully enough. Keep posting -- I love hear your and Clarky's accounts.

Are you on the Odessey? Or on the Pride?

We are going on the Pride.

Nancy - presumably the Stags Leap chardonnay is one you have in the cabin? It doesn't really matter - today is just the coldest day ever here, so any wine will taste good with some lovely sunshine!

Thanks to Nancy and Clarky for your updates.

Nancy,

Hope you did not mind my being cheeky. And no, I certainly would not correct your punctuation or spelling because then you would be within rights to correct mine and often when I am in a hurry I don't proof read carefully enough. Keep posting -- I love hear your and Clarky's accounts.

No I was glad you said something...my mind and fingers definitely did not connect!!! So funny when I reread. I laughed. Heading to bed, just finished dancing under the stars. We just watched. Very few there. Beautiful night for cruising, perfec weather. So crowded on the bigger ships...the noise is always so bad we leave but we stayed the whole time this time because it was so much nicer and we had Nigerian shrimp at the Sky Grill. I will post more tomorrow. Wish you were aboard. I think Americans are in the minority on this cruise...most Australians and Brits and other Europeans. We just got our directory and I am going to look. May be the flight to Singapore, long trip for us Americans!!

We are going on the Pride.

Nancy - presumably the Stags Leap chardonnay is one you have in the cabin? It doesn't really matter - today is just the coldest day ever here, so any wine will taste good with some lovely sunshine!

Thanks to Nancy and Clarky for your updates.

Yes you are right but we also had it at restaurant 2 the other night. Looking forward to meeting you in Dubai. Really nice people on board...it has been a good cruise so far all the way around. There were seven on board that stayed from Hong Kong when we got on in Singapore but I think more than that are staying on this time in Dubai

Thanks -- I also wish we were on board. Guess I will just live vicariously through your posts. Our September cruise in the Med can't some soon enough. (Though we are having a lovely, albeit cold, visit at present to the Grand Canyon -- introducing a friend from Philly who has never been here before.)

And yes,you hit the nail on the head. As nice as the big sisters are there is just something special about the little sisters. Sweet dreams and smooth sailing.

Enjoying all the posts from the Pride. Keep up the good work ladies.

Nancy, when I read the name Charlie Trotter , it sounded natural to me and I was thinking the former chef for Seabourn. The problem is Charlie Trotter lives in the same town as I do and was the quarterback for the university from which I graduated ( but many,many years after I had finished) so no wonder nothing registered with me until someone pointed out the error!

Also, I was thinking the couple in the Club who were on the Pride last August in the Baltics were called the Romantics but they were from British Columbia. My husband thought Connie was so wonderful because she sang a great version of Patsy Cline's Crazy and Walking After Midnight. Her husband's name was Niels, I think. But I am sure I have the names confused! Anyway, we really enjoyed them and I am sure this couple is equally good.

Hope your trip continues to be fantastic. We have only done two cruises--one big sister and one small. We are scheduled for another of the small ship cruises (Spirit) this fall since we had such a great time on the Pride. I would like to do one on the Legend also before it goes away and then I guess back to the larger ships. But like so many others, I think the small ones are the best and hate they were sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually Connie is from Canada and Niels is originally from Denmark so you are both correct. I'll never forget the night I walked into the Club in a bright red dress. Niels immediately started singing the song "Lady in Red." My husband and I got a big kick out of it and remind Niels every time we see him on a trip how much that meant to us.

Nancy, if you get the chance, could you ask Niels or Connie what they are planning to do after the little sisters leave Seabourn? We cruised with them to the top of Norway in 2009 and talked with them a good bit. We haven't managed to connect with them again on Seabourn. Tell them hello from the guy with his wife, step-mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. (We are from the DC area, the in-law ladies from Texas.)

Nancy, if you get the chance, could you ask Niels or Connie what they are planning to do after the little sisters leave Seabourn? We cruised with them to the top of Norway in 2009 and talked with them a good bit. We haven't managed to connect with them again on Seabourn. Tell them hello from the guy with his wife, step-mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. (We are from the DC area, the in-law ladies from Texas.)

I also would love to know what they are doing and hope they will stay with Seabourn.

On our recent voyage on Odyssey I mentioned to the Guest Services Manager how I really enjoyed the duos on the little sisters, especially Connie and Neils and would love to see them on the big sisters.

Be happy too. Their daughter Danielle is on board and plays a wicked guitar and pretty dynamic on the dance floor too! We were invited to their table last night but had previous plans with another couple. Hope they invite us again. We did have a good conversation with them earlier because Niels had spent six months in Nashville recording about two years ago and knew the city well. He also worked with some really top people. I was impressed and so when we went to see him, I asked him to do "Love Can Build a Bridge" and they did a great job. They are really talented. We will be there tonight. If we can stay up later, we will go back at 9:30 and listen to the requests. That is where they really shine!

Had Nigerian shrimp in the sky grill last night...smaller than I remembered but equally good. Beef was a little chewy but tasty. I'm not a big beef person.

We are being lazy today and I don't have much to report. Sea Day, so more later.

By the way the directory says 31 Australia, 28 UK, 75 US, 11 German, 9 Switzerland, 7 New Zealand and a few others of less than 5....for a total of 182 on board.

Enjoying all the posts from the Pride. Keep up the good work ladies.

Nancy, when I read the name Charlie Trotter , it sounded natural to me and I was thinking the former chef for Seabourn. The problem is Charlie Trotter lives in the same town as I do and was the quarterback for the university from which I graduated ( but many,many years after I had finished) so no wonder nothing registered with me until someone pointed out the error!

Also, I was thinking the couple in the Club who were on the Pride last August in the Baltics were called the Romantics but they were from British Columbia. My husband thought Connie was so wonderful because she sang a great version of Patsy Cline's Crazy and Walking After Midnight. Her husband's name was Niels, I think. But I am sure I have the names confused! Anyway, we really enjoyed them and I am sure this couple is equally good.

Hope your trip continues to be fantastic. We have only done two cruises--one big sister and one small. We are scheduled for another of the small ship cruises (Spirit) this fall since we had such a great time on the Pride. I would like to do one on the Legend also before it goes away and then I guess back to the larger ships. But like so many others, I think the small ones are the best and hate they were sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Millie, I think it is the same couple. Too many coincidences. You are my neighbor, Alabama!! I will ask them to do Patsy Cline tonight and give you a report. We love her!

RHN, Danielle also spent time in Nashville and, if you haven't heard her play her original songs, ask her to play one (or more) as it really shows her musical talent. Connie is a "prairie girl" and plays an excellent rendition of "Moody Manitoba Morning" as well as all the frequent requests. If you like the blues, Niels has some fabulous tunes that makes the Club feel like you are in a real blues' bar. We really enjoyed sailing and dining with them on our Pride cruise. Please say hello to them from the "Moody Manitoba Morning" groupies.

Thanks!

Caroline

p.s. I love reading all of the reports about the ship, crew, and life onboard.

Yes, saw them last night. Niels said they have a contract to December and then will go to the Legend until it is sold and then who knows. They are thinking Crystal and or Regent???? They really don't know yet. For all the reasons we all like the Club, so do they...they can read the audience well because of placement of the piano. The big ships have the music off to the side and they don't like it. I never did either. Hard for them to read an audience and adjust their program accordingly. They are so conscientious . Send me an email with your address and I will give it to Niels and he will write you and also keep you on his email list for future plans and announcements. I'm nancy@arnettonline.net He THOUGHT he remembered you...he said there were only 3,000 guests they had entertained. Connie did remember.

Life on board is good as usual. My husband was looking at a cruise that was port intensive and I said absolutely not. I have to have my sea days and so then he said lets do another crossing and I said no, he's missing the point. I want both!!

We are so enjoying life on board. In fact this morning we slept in and ordered breakfast at 9:30 (Of course the clocks went back another hour) We were up past midnight last night. It was a rigorous evening. We had to be at Romantics at 6:30 and when they quit we went to a private corner of the diningroom for a nice dinner and then to the slots. I had a $10 limit and lost it immediately. That was not good because I was hoping to make enough to buy a piece of jewelry in the boutique.

Have any of your seen the "world" jewelry. I love the mini one that you can hang from a chain or piece. They have been around for about 16 years and only sold on cruise ships. They put a little stone in at the place where you are from but you can have more stones. I think there are copies made but these are 14K so not cheap with the price of gold it is now.

Went back to Romantics at 9:30 and then to the show to see the comedy magician Richard. He was excellent. I don't really love magicians but he was funny and good and we will go see him again. I have tried the lectures and can't stay awake. Some of the topics are of interest but the delivery.......that's another thing. It was 12:30 last night before we headed to bed. That's my excuse for sleeping in this morning!

The day was hot and humid as every day has been. The sea is so calm...perfect weather for my Southern blood that thinks winter is below 85 degrees. We went to exercise, swimming, lunch watching the dolphins play and then to see the Crew Tug of War. They shortened a little because of the heat. Had ten teams. Of course everyone took pity on the stewardesses who tried their best and were given a wild card and still lost! The galley won! Everyone was dripping wet! I think all the crew is wonderful. Katerina (bar)was on Odyssey with us last year. Paul Charsley is Maitre D and we have sailed with him before. He is going to have my prawns tempura for me tomorrow night. Hope they are wonderful as usual. We like our little corner table in the dining room with Lana from the Ukraine. She is excellent but getting off in Dubai and then back on in June. Gigi is our wine steward and most attentive and did bring me a Cote d Rhone....last night.

I had to go get my outfit for the fashion show Monday. Of course I bought the top. Five guests and five crew (from entertainment) are modeling. They will do hair and nails and make-up if you want it done. I am just doing nails and a dusting of a "glow". I think it will be fun, since expectations of passengers are minimal! Best part is the 20% discount in the boutique but unfortunately not on the "world" jewelry! They have the large Seabourn visors back, new black and cream striped bag and a sort of Orvis Seabourn tote bag. All new to me. I love the white coverup with hood that comes down and covers important areas and says "seabourn" discreetly on it but only have large sizes left. These go fast Kari says.

We are heading into the Indian ocean so security measures are starting. The barbed wire is up and security guards will come aboard and we will join a large group that will all travel together. They anticipate nothing and no warnings so this is all precautionary. I am hoping we get into Cairo...I think those are last minute decisions and a long way away. We have been on almost a week now and the time is going too fast. Time to head to exercise. More later. Tonight asst. CD Aaron is performing at 6 and then dinner, Romantics and Liars Club tonight. As you can see I am just rambling (remember I'm a fast typist so it doesn't take me long to "ramble".) Caroline likes life on board so she is probably the only one reading the "ramble. Bye for now.

Any one joining the Pride in Athens? Your comments are great. My sister and I are looking forward to again sailing on the Pride.:D We love the small ships and are already looking for another sailing before they join Windstar. Look forward to meeting you all if you are still on in Athens.

RHN, Danielle also spent time in Nashville and, if you haven't heard her play her original songs, ask her to play one (or more) as it really shows her musical talent. Connie is a "prairie girl" and plays an excellent rendition of "Moody Manitoba Morning" as well as all the frequent requests. If you like the blues, Niels has some fabulous tunes that makes the Club feel like you are in a real blues' bar. We really enjoyed sailing and dining with them on our Pride cruise. Please say hello to them from the "Moody Manitoba Morning" groupies.

Thanks!

Caroline

p.s. I love reading all of the reports about the ship, crew, and life onboard.

They remembered you well! and she did the Moody Manitoba Morning song and said probably no one in the room had heard it. It was a song she sang while growing up. Everyone very much enjoyed it!

Cruised with Connie and Niels two years in a row. Spent quite a bit of time talking with them. We were the Indiana people who always requested Cole Porter. We are too young to have liked Cole when he was active, but he was also from Indiana and we love the timeless melodies and witticisms.

Thanks for the daily updates.

My wife and I considered the Pride from Dubai, but didn't want to commit my wife to a long flight, so soon after surgery, so we have opted for the Odyssey, at the end of April.

Your posts give us a flavour of what to expect.

Archived