What hotels have the best views of port everglades?

klepton

We'll be staying in Ft. Lauderdale a night or two before our Allure cruise in December. I know some people have reported having good views of the port from their hotels, and I wondered if there was any one hotel that had much better views than the others. It'd be awesome to be able to wake up and have a good view of the Allure the day we sail.

Thanks!

Hyatt Pier 66 and Embassy Suites.

Is one better than the other, specifically for seeing the Allure of the Seas? Also, is one better than the other as far as restaurants/etc. within walking distance?

If you stay at the Embassy Suites ask for a south-facing, high floor room. You'll be able to see the ships in port.

There are numerous restaurants in the immediate area within walking distance-- and our favorite sports bar--Duffy's.

Do you have to request a certain room or building to see the ships while staying at the Pier 66?

I have the same question, and I guess I'll just have to call the hotels to find out. On their website(s) the room categories are somewhat ambiguous.

Does anyone have any pics of the views from these hotels?

Here was our view from our balcony at the Hilton Marina hotel. It wasn't a bad hotel. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. Great areas to hang out, nice bar out by the pool in the back, pool was very nice. The only bad was the rooms were a tad small but the balcony was great!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSC00032.jpg[/img]"]http://DSC00032.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSC00047.jpg[/img]"]http://DSC00047.jpg

The view was awesome. The 2nd photo was around 5am in the morning. The view was breathtaking. I would stay there again for a good price. This was probably the best view of the port and we've stayed at numerous ones right in that area.

If you stay at the Embassy Suites ask for a south-facing, high floor room. You'll be able to see the ships in port.

There are numerous restaurants in the immediate area within walking distance-- and our favorite sports bar--Duffy's.

MY VOTE!!! Both on Food & Hotel :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

There were also several nice restaurants within walking distance to the Hilton Marina. No problem finding a good meal. I didn't mention this since the OP asked about view only.

As far as the view from the ES, it doesn't hold a candle to the view from the Hilton Marina. There's no comparison and yes we've stayed at both.

My 2cents worth...

Thank you everyone for the input and pictures! We don't cruise until December, so I have some time, but I'm an *obsessive* early planner so this is great.

If you are staying there two nights before cruise consider Lago Mar Resort. From the beach you can see see ships arriving and departing the port.

Just something to consider.

Keith

Thanks Keith. I had seen this and liked it because it's the closest to the channel where all the ships come and go. It'd be an easy walk along the beach to watch Oasis leave the night before. What I didn't like about it was cost and not being sure if the beach would be enjoyable in December. It's also not close proximity to the water taxi stop, which I was planning on doing. Seeing as we'll have DS (1yo) we want to minimize cab rides with the carseat. If you've stayed at Lago Mar, can you comment on if their pool is heated, or how nice the weather typically is in December? I've never been to FL in December.

Here was our view from our balcony at the Hilton Marina hotel. It wasn't a bad hotel. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10. Great areas to hang out, nice bar out by the pool in the back, pool was very nice. The only bad was the rooms were a tad small but the balcony was great!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSC00032.jpg[/img]"]http://DSC00032.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/rccl1/DSC00047.jpg[/img]"]http://DSC00047.jpg

The view was awesome. The 2nd photo was around 5am in the morning. The view was breathtaking. I would stay there again for a good price. This was probably the best view of the port and we've stayed at numerous ones right in that area.

Thanks for the info and great pictures. Do you have to request a certain room to get the "cruise ship view?" I see the ICWW view rooms, but couldn't those be on the north side too?

Thanks again everyone!

I believe we had a tower room and we were on the 9th or 10th floor. The view was beautiful from our room and balcony. I can't recall but I think I had just requested a view of the ships. As a matter of fact, early the next morning we walked out in front of the hotel with our coffee and walked right up to the fence that's right at the beginning of the ships. It was great! As well, around this hotel, there are million dollar yachts and we talked with some of those crew members on that same day. It was very interesting and entertaining.

:p

• 2 weeks later...

We just stayed at the Hilton Marina for our 3/15 pre-cruise. I thought it was ok, but not the best. It was convenient to the water taxi. There were a couple restaurants in easy walking distance, but for most you had a bit of a hike. Alot depends on your age and physical condition (I am over 60 and was suffering from a head cold at the time) - I found the walk to most restaurants a bit trying. Certainly something I could do, but definitely not right around the corner. As we like to pick up wine and soda pop pre-cruise next time we are thinking of trying Embassy Suites as it is much closer to the wine store, the grocery store, and many more restaurants. I put a review on TripAdvisor under the same name as my Cruise Critic name if you have any interest.

We just stayed at the Hilton Marina for our 3/15 pre-cruise. I thought it was ok, but not the best. It was convenient to the water taxi. There were a couple restaurants in easy walking distance, but for most you had a bit of a hike. Alot depends on your age and physical condition (I am over 60 and was suffering from a head cold at the time) - I found the walk to most restaurants a bit trying. Certainly something I could do, but definitely not right around the corner. As we like to pick up wine and soda pop pre-cruise next time we are thinking of trying Embassy Suites as it is much closer to the wine store, the grocery store, and many more restaurants. I put a review on TripAdvisor under the same name as my Cruise Critic name if you have any interest.

Thanks for sharing your experience. When you say it's a hike to many restaurants, can you approximate a distance and terrain? DW and I are in good shape, and usually walk many miles while on vacation. We will have our baby in a stroller, and 8 year old daughter though. DD won't want to walk as much, but she'll be good for a mile or so. Pushing the stroller will be fine, as long as we have good sidewalks/walkways.

Thanks again!

Archived