My 2000th Post! What I've Learned

So, when I press submit, I will have completed my 2000th post on Cruise Critic. At my 1000th post I made a short list of some of the most important things I've learned here. Here's a list what I think are the top ten things I've learned since then. What important things have you learned here?

1. A camera can drift from Aruba to Key West. Also, a turtle can operate a camera.
  2. How to find out if a large group is "taking over" your cruise. (Pass the bear, cougar, or any other large carnivore mamal repellent.)
  3. What Tapatalk is, and how to use it.
  4. Don't bring "spice"... (not that I would)
  5. Bring some wine! (Haven't yet, but I might.)
  6. As you accumulate posts, they change your title. I wonder if I'll still be a "Cool Cruiser" after this post!?!?
  7. Why my gut always told me to stay loyal to Royal (Carnival will never tempt me.)
  8. Playing triva is fun.
  9. Haters will always find something to gripe about in the most innocent post.
  10. Despite the haters, there are lots of wonderful, helpful, and kind people here who simply love aiding others in their enjoyment of cruising. To you I say thank you for enriching my cruise experiences. I hope to sail with you soon.

So, when I press submit, I will have completed my 2000th post on Cruise Critic. At my 1000th post I made a short list of some of the most important things I've learned here. Here's a list what I think are the top ten things I've learned since then. What important things have you learned here?

1. A camera can drift from Aruba to Key West. Also, a turtle can operate a camera.
  2. How to find out if a large group is "taking over" your cruise. (Pass the bear, cougar, or any other large carnivore mamal repellent.)
  3. What Tapatalk is, and how to use it.
  4. Don't bring "spice"... (not that I would)
  5. Bring some wine! (Haven't yet, but I might.)
  6. As you accumulate posts, they change your title. I wonder if I'll still be a "Cool Cruiser" after this post!?!?
  7. Why my gut always told me to stay loyal to Royal (Carnival will never tempt me.)
  8. Playing triva is fun.
  9. Haters will always find something to gripe about in the most innocent post.
  10. Despite the haters, there are lots of wonderful, helpful, and kind people here who simply love aiding others in their enjoyment of cruising. To you I say thank you for enriching my cruise experiences. I hope to sail with you soon.

Nice list. Congrats on 2000 posts. This is a great website.

[*]Haters will always find something to gripe about in the most innocent post.

[*]Despite the haters, there are lots of wonderful, helpful, and kind people here who simply love aiding others in their enjoyment of cruising. To you I say thank you for enriching my cruise experiences. I hope to sail with you soon.

My two favorites!!! Congrats on your 2,000th post!!

...As you accumulate posts, they change your title. I wonder if I'll still be a "Cool Cruiser" after this post!?!?...

Yes, you will be "Cool" for another 1000 posts, then you will become "Blue Ribbon".

2. Don't bring "spice"... (not that I would)

Ha Ha, two of my favorites.

One important lesson I've learned by reading CC is to never ever smuggle a starfish from the beach into your stateroom shower. Apparently they smell :D

Congrats on 2000 posts!

I loved this post, all your points were very true!!!

Is my favorite CC story of all time!:)

I would love the link to this story!

congrats! I'm getting close. Erin and Sheila how did you gets so many posts? Are you posting everyday?

Yep! Probably most of them in roll calls.

There are lots and lots of folks here who have way more posts than I.

Most of my time is spent in Floataway lounge where the posts don't count.

If they did it would be several hundred thousand. ;)

Archived