Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

I wonder who........!:D:D:D

Fashion Police operatives must maintain their anonymity at all times in order to catch the miscreants unawares. We will have a considerable number of operatives on board QE during the world cruise. Several new recruits are currently in training.

I presently have my hands full writing a handbook dealing specifically with the vexed issue of the wearing of kilts.

Horror stories abound of passengers, five days into a 10 night cruise, and still wandering the ship searching for their cabin! :D

I always felt that Cunard should have provided all QE2 passengers with an emergency ration pack, a map and a compass before they came on board.

Oh, call me paranoid if you will, but the lifts didn't like me! All I had to do was to press a button and the lift in question instantly ceased to function.

And Carnival call their vessels "fun ships". What do they know!?

J

On my first voyage on QE2, the second night out, I had my hands full with a seriously seasick mother, who was in desperate need of the attentions of the medical centre. Of course there was only one lift that actually went down to the medical centre. Could I find it? I don't know how many people I had to ask for directions.

Even on my last trip on QE2, when coming back from the tenders, I ended up in a totally new area of the ship I had never been before, somewhere near the back of the Mauretania restaurant, with a staircase I had never seen before.

Horror stories abound of passengers, five days into a 10 night cruise, and still wandering the ship searching for their cabin! :D

I always felt that Cunard should have provided all QE2 passengers with an emergency ration pack, a map and a compass before they came on board.

Oh, call me paranoid if you will, but the lifts didn't like me! All I had to do was to press a button and the lift in question instantly ceased to function.

And Carnival call their vessels "fun ships". What do they know!?

J

:D

I saw her in the harbours of Southampton and Civitavecchia and from far during a tandem crossing with CV. There does not seem to be any harmony in the ship, not from the outside, nor from the inside, but thanks for the laughter!

:D

Bummer and I already have visions of Whitemarsh and his cohorts strutting along the various corridors of the Queen Elizabeth screaming how there is a lack of discpline unlike that which is imposed aboard the Queen Mary 2 ;) (humour)

We've never had to resort to screaming, usually a quiet word does the trick. :)

Fashion Police operatives must maintain their anonymity at all times in order to catch the miscreants unawares. We will have a considerable number of operatives on board QE during the world cruise. Several new recruits are currently in training.

Which is a good thing, I don't think people realise how tiring it can be - keeping the barbarians at bay, as it were.

So nice to kick back in the Queens Grill lounge with a cigarette and a gin & tonic afterwards.

i-4pqpQ9P-L.gif

So nice to kick back in the Queens Grill lounge with a cigarette and a gin & tonic afterwards.

Yes, it is so nice the way that Cunard lets our humble foot soldiers indulge their harmless vices on board. A little bending of the rules never did go astray (as long as the rules being bent are not those set out in the Dress Code).

Yes, it is so nice the way that Cunard lets our humble foot soldiers indulge their harmless vices on board. A little bending of the rules never did go astray (as long as the rules being bent are not those set out in the Dress Code).

NO Bending of the rules!!! and do not indulge!

Edited by turquoise 6
idea

Why did the Chicken cross the Pond?:)

(I tried to post a new thread, but I keep having a difficult time logging in...I'm logged in and try to post and then I'm not...).

How many of you travel on the QM2 Transatlantic to get across the pond primarily? I think more people now book it as a "cruise" vacation. For me it is a preferred way to get to the other side, as I don't like to fly. No matter what may have changed with Cunard, the Transatlantic is always better than flying. I do still get a thrill when driving to the pier and I catch my first sight of QM2, as she is quite majestic...

QM2 is in Southampton today, leaving for another TA tonight.
Another TransAtlantic? When was the another??:D Last year!

You missed the point. This is all about the QM2 not doing TransAtlantic crossing. I prefer Transatlantic and not TA, as in airport abbreviations :LHR,JFK,LAX Where is the QM2?

Edited by turquoise 6

Just wondering why you only hang out on the cunard boards when it seems you really don't like them all that much.

So, according to your definition, a ship can only be called an ocean liner when it travels Southampton - New York? There are a few more oceans than just the Atlantic and a few more countries than just USA and UK.

Maybe next time they'll consult you when they prepare their schedules.

Well, Well ,Well. " Hang out " on the Cunard Boards.

Since I am hanging out on the Cunard Boards...(so there are more than one I hang out) I will respond to your off end comments . TRANSATLANTIC IS BETWEEN NY AND SOUTHAMPTON(NOT AUSTRALIA0) This is how it was,and this is how it is. :D Where is the QM2?

Edited by turquoise 6

Where is the QM2?
Hi turquoise 6,

My friends on board the QM2 (or should that be the Queen Mary 2? :) ) tell me that they are currently in the North Atlantic heading for New York, having left Southampton on Friday.

(I'm never sure if it should be Transatlantic, TransAtlantic (I note you use both) or Trans-Atlantic. Anyone know? :confused: ).

All best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Another TransAtlantic? When was the another??:D Last year!

You missed the point. This is all about the QM2 not doing TransAtlantic crossing. I prefer Transatlantic and not TA, as in airport abbreviations :LHR,JFK,LAX Where is the QM2?

Yes, she did her last crossing of the North Atlantic in December 2012 and was on a world voyage from January to April 2013.

Actually, she is on her way from Soton to New York (a trans-atlantic, which is the correct spelling, by the way).

In 2013, there will be 9 westbounds and 8 eastbounds, or shuttle services

of the North Atlantic, provided my info is correct.

I hope you will be able to agree! :p

Yes, she did her last crossing of the North Atlantic in December 2012 and was on a world voyage from January to April 2013.
Hi Cats2010,

I was on that QM2 December 2012 west-bound crossing, had the most wonderful time, quite lumpy in places :eek: , a great experience :) .

Then in January 2013 QM2 crossed east-bound, leaving New York on the 3rd, arriving Southampton on the 10th.

All best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Hi Cats2010,

I was on that QM2 December 2012 west-bound crossing, had the most wonderful time, quite lumpy in places :eek: , a great experience :) .

Then in January 2013 QM2 crossed east-bound, leaving New York on the 3rd, arriving Southampton on the 10th.

All best wishes,

Thank you, Pepper :)!

May I add that, no matter where she goes, she is the best. Each of my TAs (forgive me, turquoise) has been special and different from the others. I can't wait for my next cruise, no matter whereto!

:)

Ah, so transatlantic is correct then.:D

Mary

:D Do as you like. No matter what version you use, there is always somebody who is not d'accord, and that's why I prefer TA, which is probably American, but here again (although being American) turquoise does not agree, while the Oxford Dictionary mentions all words beginning with "trans" ... having a hyphen EXCEPT "transatlantic", and here I claim that this is not logical ... Languages are something living and thus changing all the time. So: Do as you like as long as it is not something binding you legally ...

;)

Actually, she is on her way from Soton to New York (a trans-atlantic, which is the correct spelling, by the way).

In 2013, there will be 9 westbounds and 8 eastbounds, or shuttle services

of the North Atlantic, provided my info is correct.

I hope you will be able to agree! :p

Hi Cats, OK thanks , so its trans-atlantic , hope i remember

Thanks for update:)

Hi turquoise 6,

My friends on board the QM2 (or should that be the Queen Mary 2? :) ) tell me that they are currently in the North Atlantic heading for New York, having left Southampton on Friday.

(I'm never sure if it should be Transatlantic, TransAtlantic (I note you use both) or Trans-Atlantic. Anyone know? :confused: ).

All best wishes,

Hi Pepperrn,

Thanks for the update. I will be in NY looking out for the QM2 arrival. It's a beautiful sight ,the QM2, sailing in from across the Atlantic Ocean.

Cats says its Trans-Atlantic .. true,I write transatlantic as one word sometimes..

Cheers,

T

Edited by turquoise 6
spelling

Hi Pepperrn,

Thanks for the update. I will be in NY looking out for the QM2 arrival. It's a beautiful sight ,the QM2, sailing in from across the Atlantic Ocean.

Cats says its Trans-Atlantic .. true,I write transatlantic as one word sometimes..

Cheers,

T

Oh yes, it's so wonderful to see her moving in slowly, simply majestic!

Best wishes to her and hope to see her back again soon.

Cheers,

Cats :)

Leucothea:

<<Why did the Chicken cross the Pond?:)

(I tried to post a new thread, but I keep having a difficult time logging in...I'm logged in and try to post and then I'm not...).

How many of you travel on the QM2 Transatlantic to get across the pond primarily? I think more people now book it as a "cruise" vacation. For me it is a preferred way to get to the other side, as I don't like to fly. No matter what may have changed with Cunard, the Transatlantic is always better than flying. I do still get a thrill when driving to the pier and I catch my first sight of QM2, as she is quite majestic...

Jane >>

That always was the original purpose of a Transatlantic Liner after all.

Oh yes, it's so wonderful to see her moving in slowly, simply majestic... Cats :)
Hi Cats2010,

Despite the rain, this (long) video is one of my favourites, mainly because my parents, friends and I were on board (six of us :) ), arriving (after a wonderful crossing) at the West Side Piers (Manhattan Cruise Terminal) :) :) .

I hope you enjoy this excellent video as well :) .

Here...

(My pictures of this arrival can be seen via this link...

)

All best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn