Monarch of the seas to leave RCI fleet

That's what I thought. I've seen a few people mention it being the last cruise because it's the last one available. But the new itineraries aren't out yet and nothing official has been published like the Monarch.

Just want to make sure I don't miss the last Majesty cruise. :(

Me too! Thanks to the poster who clarified.

Don't know where you got this info.

We know that Monarch is sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida to Freeport, The Bahamas on April 1st with a crew of 200 where Capt Rhun (sp) will turn her over to Pullmantur. She will then go through a dry-dock which will include painting in Pullmantur colors. She will then be home ported in Curacao.

I appreciate the update....as I haven't really kept up with things since they took Mariner away from us out here. Been looking for a few good cruises lately. The itinerary looks interesting, except I don't know if Americans are safe in Venezuela.

We are going to be on the final sailing next week. We have also booked the final sailing for the Majesty of the Seas for 4-28-2014.

I didn't think that was the final sailing? I thought it was just the final that had been released before the new itineraries are released next month??

I didn't think that was the final sailing? I thought it was just the final that had been released before the new itineraries are released next month??

I was wondering the same thing. I am sad I am not on the last Monarch sailing, she is a beautiful ship.

You're confusing Monarch and Majesty. Monarch final sailing starts 3/29/13 and ends 4/1/13. Majesty's final sailing has not been announced by Royal yet, but some are speculating that Majesty's final sailing will be sometime around April 2014.

Monarch was our favorite way to spend a weekend - we could leave work at 1:00, be onboard by 2:00, have a beer in the Schooner Bar before muster and then a wonderful weekend before checking back in to reality on Monday morning, often much the worse for wear.:D

I've said my farewell to her already, but it will be sad knowing that her amazing crew has been broken up and dispersed around the fleet. On the bright side, we've run into a few old acquaintances and it's always nice to see them again.

You're confusing Monarch and Majesty. Monarch final sailing starts 3/29/13 and ends 4/1/13. Majesty's final sailing has not been announced by Royal yet, but some are speculating that Majesty's final sailing will be sometime around April 2014.

Sorry--I did know Monarch's last sailing date of 3/29/13.

I just had not heard of Majesty's last sailing date (or if, in fact, she was leaving the fleet). The poster I quoted had said it was the April 2014 date they have booked. I had thought I had read by someone else that those were the dates released last year and we won't know yet until new itineraries are released this year for summer 2014 if that is the actual date or not.

I thought maybe someone had new info. I hadn't read yet for Majesty's last date.

Does anyone know what time on 4/1 the Monarch is scheduled to depart. Would be nice to go see or at least via the webcam. If no one knows can someone on next weekends cruise find out?

I think someone has posted 8 PM. The crew departing the ship at PC are getting off at 2 PM.

[quote name='Barbiegator']Bon Voyage Monarch(fun times years ago) and a big welcome to Enchantment of the Seas. So excited to see her in Port Canaveral.[/QUOTE]

Look forward especially to getting Captain Gus Andersson with the Enchantment. One of the best Captains I've ever sailed with and he will be staying with Enchantment for the foreseeable future.

[quote name='aurelius180']Are your sure that is the Majesty's "final" cruise and not just the last one available before the new itineraries are released? :confused:

[URL]http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Some of my fellow Maryland cruisers who are very loyal to Royal have heard from several people at Royal that that will be the last cruise. Not set in stone but it seems to be a pretty good bet.

Roy

[quote name='voyager89']Hello,

I thought I could share this with you, I searched but it doesn't seem to have be posted before
[url]http://www.presstur.com/site/news.asp?news=36059[/url]
Portuguese link tho, basically says that just like Sovereign of the seas, the Monarch of the seas will no longer be sailing under RCIs name but pullmantur. Leaving only one ship from the Sovereign class, I believe it will soon dissapear, I don't see the Majesty of the seas staying longer than a year with Royal.

While a lot of people likes smaller ships, I think those ships as way too small, but well to each his own. What I do know is that I would never sail with Pullmantur, which seem to be only sailing with "waste ships". I think they are too Old! I have a friend from San Diego that took the I believe Mexican Riviera route and it was a terrible experience for her that she will never cruise again and tried to persuade me not to go on one :p

Have you ever sailed with Pullmantur?[/QUOTE]
Yes I have, three times. Actually I am one of a very few CC posters who have sailed on Pullmantur. I think they are RCCL's best kept secret. The three ships I sailed on, the Holiday Dream (ex HL's Europa), the Horizon and Zenith (ex Celebrity) may have a lot of sea-miles on them, but they are far from "waste ships".

[quote name='rafinmd']
Some of my fellow Maryland cruisers who are very loyal to Royal have heard from several people at Royal that that will be the last cruise. Not set in stone but it seems to be a pretty good bet.[/quote]

According to most media reports the Majesty of the Seas was sold to All That Cruise and began operations in January 2012 as "Hallyu" for the new South Korean line All That Cruise. :cool:

[url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4472[/url]

[url]http://www.cruisebusiness.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1810:majesty-of-the-seas-reported-sold-to-new-south-korean-operator&catid=48:top-headlines-category&Itemid=116[/url]

[quote name='Aquahound']I love that photo. It sure puts things into perspective, doesn't it? :)

Is that Song of America up there by the Carnival ship?[/quote]
I don't know. It's hard to tell. I'm pretty certain that the two ships aft of her are Costa ships, because of the smoke stacks. But that's all that I know for certain.

Didn't care for the Monarch. Rooms were way too small. Did a 3 night and had a 10 top with people that had never cruised before. Did not know these people, but they asked me why aren't they at least refilling our water glass.

Archived