Monarch of the seas to leave RCI fleet

Hello,

I thought I could share this with you, I searched but it doesn't seem to have be posted before

http://www.presstur.com/site/news.asp?news=36059

Portuguese link tho, basically says that just like Sovereign of the seas, the Monarch of the seas will no longer be sailing under RCIs name but pullmantur. Leaving only one ship from the Sovereign class, I believe it will soon dissapear, I don't see the Majesty of the seas staying longer than a year with Royal.

While a lot of people likes smaller ships, I think those ships as way too small, but well to each his own. What I do know is that I would never sail with Pullmantur, which seem to be only sailing with "waste ships". I think they are too Old! I have a friend from San Diego that took the I believe Mexican Riviera route and it was a terrible experience for her that she will never cruise again and tried to persuade me not to go on one :p

Have you ever sailed with Pullmantur?

Yes, its been known for a while that Monarch is leaving the fleet. I've not sailed on it, but have sailed on the Majesty (still one of my all time favs. They'll probably drop that one too. I think that they'll put a Radiance class ship in it's place.

Joe

Yes, it's been discussed here for quite awhile about the Monarch leaving. the Majesty is also leaving, although I am not sure when.

We have sailed the Monarch twice while she was on the West Coast and had a lovely time on both sailings. But I do agree with you about sailing this class. We have become accustomed to the larger (more important - updated) ships now and while I loved my times on the Monarch with her superb staff and service I would not choose her for a longer sailing than the 3 & 4 night cruises we enjoyed. I am looking forward to our cruise on the Rhapsody, RCI's next smallest class of ship in 2014, though. The updates they have done on her sound amazing.:)

My one RCI regret is that I never sailed a Sovereign class while they were doing substantial itineraries. I wish when Majesty goes to Pullmantur they would use it in Europe and Royal would run a final transatlantic to it's new home.

Roy

My one RCI regret is that I never sailed a Sovereign class while they were doing substantial itineraries. I wish when Majesty goes to Pullmantur they would use it in Europe and Royal would run a final transatlantic to it's new home.

Roy

Doing Majesty's 7 night itineraries back then was the best. Some of my best cruising memories. They are great ships, though so different from the ships nowadays. Still beautiful!

I was hoping as well, but word has it that Royal will hand over the ship in Florida, and a refit/repaint will be done in the Bahamas....ship will be sailed empty trans-atlantic with new crew for training :confused:

We are going to be on the final sailing next week. We have also booked the final sailing for the Majesty of the Seas for 4-28-2014.

Are your sure that is the Majesty's "final" cruise and not just the last one available before the new itineraries are released? :confused:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html

Was never impressed with Monarch sailed it in early 1990's when it was new , inside rooms were smaller than Soverign, only RCCL ship that did not impress me.

Not that it matters much any more ;)

We will be having a great time on her last week with RCI! :D:D

I was hoping as well, but word has it that Royal will hand over the ship in Florida, and a refit/repaint will be done in the Bahamas....ship will be sailed empty trans-atlantic with new crew for training :confused:

Don't know where you got this info.

We know that Monarch is sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida to Freeport, The Bahamas on April 1st with a crew of 200 where Capt Rhun (sp) will turn her over to Pullmantur. She will then go through a dry-dock which will include painting in Pullmantur colors. She will then be home ported in Curacao.

exterior-barco-sovereign.jpg

Are your sure that is the Majesty's "final" cruise and not just the last one available before the new itineraries are released? :confused:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html

Exactly. RCI has made no announcements about Majesty's future. Until they release the "Short Caribbean and Bahamas" cruises for 2014/2015 on April 23, we won't know for sure if/when Majesty is leaving.

Don't know where you got this info.

We know that Monarch is sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida to Freeport, The Bahamas on April 1st with a crew of 200 where Capt Rhun (sp) will turn her over to Pullmantur. She will then go through a dry-dock which will include painting in Pullmantur colors. She will then be home ported in Curacao.

exterior-barco-sovereign.jpg

Thats a nice lookin' ship!

Exactly. RCI has made no announcements about Majesty's future. Until they release the "Short Caribbean and Bahamas" cruises on April 23, we won't know for sure if/when Majesty is leaving.

That's what I thought. I've seen a few people mention it being the last cruise because it's the last one available. But the new itineraries aren't out yet and nothing official has been published like the Monarch.

Just want to make sure I don't miss the last Majesty cruise. :(

While a lot of people likes smaller ships, I think those ships as way too small, but well to each his own. What I do know is that I would never sail with Pullmantur, which seem to be only sailing with "waste ships". I think they are too Old! I have a friend from San Diego that took the I believe Mexican Riviera route and it was a terrible experience for her that she will never cruise again and tried to persuade me not to go on one :p

It's interesting that you say that. 20-some-odd years ago, people were saying that the Sovereign-class ships were too big. Now, they're the smallest ones in the fleet. Here's a picture from an old postcard for the Port of Miami where she was the new kid on the block:

SeaBreeze_02_Dolphin.jpg

Look at how she dwarfs the other ships in port. Almost makes you wonder what they'll be saying about Oasis and Allure 20 years from now, doesn't it? :)

That's what I thought. I've seen a few people mention it being the last cruise because it's the last one available. But the new itineraries aren't out yet and nothing official has been published like the Monarch.

Just want to make sure I don't miss the last Majesty cruise. :(

The Majesty photos are still on the Korean website that said they bought the ship in 2011.

Archived