Amex platinum on board credit

billcrooz

I just booked my cruise with my T.A. Who I always use with my newly acquired Amex Platinum. Will I still get the $ 300 onboard credit although I didn't book with Amex Travel? Thanks in advance....
Your agent has to note/code the Amex Plat amenities (Silversea code = AMEXPLT) or you won't receive them. If noted properly, the Invoice/Itinerary you receive from Silversea will show PLATINUM CRUISE PRIVILEGES in the Amenities section of the Invoice.

Your agent has to note/code the Amex Plat amenities (Silversea code = AMEXPLT) or you won't receive them. If noted properly, the Invoice/Itinerary you receive from Silversea will show PLATINUM CRUISE PRIVILEGES in the Amenities section of the Invoice.

Thanks for the info,my T.A. Says they haven't lots of restrictions recently so will see how this pans out..

billcrooz, recommend a few weeks before you sail, ask your TA to send you the AMX-Platinum SBC tracking number. This way (thanks to previous CC tips) if you board and you don't find the SBC, you have a way to expedite getting the credit. We like the bottle of Dom we get also with our AMX cruise bennies on SS and use it for a special dinner in the Restaurant (e.g., Indian dinner or Dover sole)

One thing to note is the Amex Platinum "amenity" is not (at present) combinable with other amenities offered by TAs. That is, if your travel agent is part of a network, such as Virtuoso or Signature, those networks at times have special amenities they offer as well. For example, sometimes it's a car and driver for the day, a tour, a shipboard credit, etc. You won't get both amenities. Sometimes the travel agent will choose for you, but we personally prefer to choose ourselves. For our next cruise, the choice was the Amex Platinum amenity of a shipboard credit of $300 + a bottle of Dom Perignon. The travel network offered a $500 shipboard credit. We took the travel network shipboard credit...there are some very nice champagnes we'll order that we prefer over the Dom.

The Amex Platinum amenity has, in the past, been combinable with any shipboard credit offered by Silversea. At least it was on our January 2013 cruise. But I'm not seeing a lot of Silversea SBCs these days....

We were on a Silversea cruise this month and we got a shipboard credit from Silversea, a shipboard credit from Am Ex Platinum ($300 plus Dom Perignon champagne), and we also received a $300 shipboard credit from the travel agent....this was in lieu of a special excursion that the travel agent offered which we did not wish to take. The Am Ex and travel agent shipboard credits were combinable.

Archived