Change your cruise offers

magroo

Wow! Oceania really wants me to change cruises. One offer of an upgrade to PH at no additional charge last week. This week 4 offers!

I really like my current itinerary tho. Would love an upgrade to a penthouse for that one! LOL

We were offered lots of enticements to give up our cruise date, but also received a reasonable upsell offer to a PH on the booked cruise. I doubt you would get a free upgrade, but up sells do happen.

Wow! Oceania really wants me to change cruises. One offer of an upgrade to PH at no additional charge last week. This week 4 offers!

I really like my current itinerary tho. Would love an upgrade to a penthouse for that one! LOL

Why not just tell them or your TA you are not interested in "Move off" offers & they will take you of the list & stop wasting your time & theirs :confused:

Lyn

We received 17 offers to move off our recent TA (Nov/12) from Barcelona-Miami on Riviera. We were sorely tempted on several, but we didn't move off since we had FF flights in place and really wanted to try Riviera. But we did accept a reduced price upsell shortly before sailing.

We were offered lots of enticements to give up our cruise date, but also received a reasonable upsell offer to a PH on the booked cruise. I doubt you would get a free upgrade, but up sells do happen.

We got one of those "upsells" on a Hawaiian cruise on NCL. It was awesome to move from a balcony to a penthouse suite right in the front of the ship.

I know they're rare, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed that the upsell fairy calls. :D

Upgrades are usually a reduced price for a higher category room. They are first come and tend to go fast. Therefore more likely to go to a US or Canadian due to time zone situations.

But why do they need to offer them? I was talking to Oceania Uk on the phone this week and I was told that he had a few enquiring about my cabin. Just wondered if i would be offered an upgrade from PH1 as others wanted my cabin?

But why do they need to offer them? I was talking to Oceania Uk on the phone this week and I was told that he had a few enquiring about my cabin. Just wondered if i would be offered an upgrade from PH1 as others wanted my cabin?

Some sailings don't sell their higher end staterooms, so they offer them to people in lower category rooms that have already booked the cruise. That way it opens up the ones that are easier to sell.

It is very very rare to be offered an upsell or upgrade into one of the big Suites on the same cruise, without paying a good portion of the difference in price.

If you are willing to change itineraries, and the sailing that you are presently booked on is a hot seller, it may happen.

Some sailings don't sell their higher end staterooms, so they offer them to people in lower category rooms that have already booked the cruise. That way it opens up the ones that are easier to sell.

I guess that's how I got my cabin somebody must have upgraded as its in a prime location on marina from other threads I have read. I did ask how is this cabin still available and the reply I got was someone must have just cancelled.

I feel blessed. This is our 1st Oceania cruise. I booked the Islands and Incas Apr 2014. About 4 weeks ago received email offering us a deal we couldn't turn down. This was about the 5th or 6th deal Oceania offered us. The reason I booked this particular cruise was itinerary, so we declined all previous offers.

Was offered and accepted Pacific Mysteries Apr 2013 cruise. This is the exact same cruise, but one day longer(2 days vs 1 day in Lima). Upgrade from B4 to PH2 at no additional charge. We can hardly wait.

Just as advice to newbies, if you are interested in an upsell do let your TA know! That way you can get a head's up.

We have taken a few, declined more. But at least you hear about them early.

Mura

Buddha,

I guess that shows that you can benefit even when booking direct.

But I would say that in general it is beneficial to have a top-notch TA to assist you. They can track what offers are being made.

Whenever we've had an upgrade or upsell, it was through our TA.

Which obviously, from your experience, isn't a requirement. It can just help.

Glad it worked out so well for YOU.

Mura

I feel blessed. This is our 1st Oceania cruise. I booked the Islands and Incas Apr 2014. About 4 weeks ago received email offering us a deal we couldn't turn down. This was about the 5th or 6th deal Oceania offered us. The reason I booked this particular cruise was itinerary, so we declined all previous offers.

Was offered and accepted Pacific Mysteries Apr 2013 cruise. This is the exact same cruise, but one day longer(2 days vs 1 day in Lima). Upgrade from B4 to PH2 at no additional charge. We can hardly wait.

Enjoy!!!

we got this exact same move over offer, but declined because we are sailing with friends. It was a very deal - enjoy!

Pacheco 18- absolutely NOT TRUE. Not even close.

Disappointed you authoritatively state as fact something so far from the truth.

I really ask, as a favor not to me, but to your fellow cruisers, not to try so hard appearing to be in the know when you are obviously NOT!

FDR

It's such good business offering upsells. On our first Oceania cruise (April '11), we were offered an upsell from an A1 to a PH1 on Marina and didn't hesitate to take the offer. It was a wonderful decision--well worth the extra money. We were hooked, and it would be hard to book any future cruises without planning on the PH category. We're booked in the exact same location for our next cruise, but on Riviera.

Had we not been offered this category, we never would have tried a PH on our own. Good business, indeed.

Note: You have to decide quickly to accept the offer or not. I believe that's the key. Would we take an upsell offer to an OS? You betcha. (And, yes, I've told our TA that ahead of time...just in case. You never know.)

We received 17 offers to move off our recent TA (Nov/12) from Barcelona-Miami on Riviera. We were sorely tempted on several, but we didn't move off since we had FF flights in place and really wanted to try Riviera. But we did accept a reduced price upsell shortly before sailing.

We were on that cruise and didn't get any move over offers. But we also were in a cabin we were not willing to give up (aft PH with large wrap around balcony). I don't think Oceania has a problem selling those cabins though - heck, we even invited guests into our cabin and they wanted it the next time they sailed! :) And to be honest I don't think we would sail in anything less on Oceania.

I think it depends on the type of cabin you have and what is available on other itineraries if they aren't selling as well - just my speculation.

We were on that cruise and didn't get any move over offers. But we also were in a cabin we were not willing to give up (aft PH with large wrap around balcony). I don't think Oceania has a problem selling those cabins though - heck, we even invited guests into our cabin and they wanted it the next time they sailed! :) And to be honest I don't think we would sail in anything less on Oceania.

I think it depends on the type of cabin you have and what is available on other itineraries if they aren't selling as well - just my speculation.

That's the cabin we have aft with a wrap around balcony are there any secrets we should know about this cabin like extra deck furniture etc

That's the cabin we have aft with a wrap around balcony are there any secrets we should know about this cabin like extra deck furniture etc

We had two chairs and two chaises. Kept the chairs on the side so we could dine. Kept the chaises facing aft. Wish we had a dining table out there. We didn't ask, but maybe it would be worthwhile to.

It might help if you understand that all the offers are automated so they just keep coming..it is a random selection..

Jancruz1

Archived