O.k. -- 2 real newbie questions

RDMOREU

We'll be in a concierge level cabin.

1. Is an 'over the door' (which door??) plastic holder (divided sections) useful or ridiculous?

2. Is there room underneath 2 twin beds for large suitcases; or, do we give them to the staff to store?

TIA

We'll be in a concierge level cabin.

1. Is an 'over the door' (which door??) plastic holder (divided sections) useful or ridiculous?

TIA

What is the purpose of the holder???

I found lots of room for toiletries in the washroom so not sure what you are going to use it for

But people take all sorts of things that I would never have a use for :rolleyes:

Lyn

What is the purpose of the holder???

I found lots of room for toiletries in the washroom so not sure what you are going to use it for

But people take all sorts of things that I would never have a use for :rolleyes:

Lyn

Some cruise lines (I can only speak on NCL and RCI) have limited storage in their bathrooms unless you have a suite. I have used the plastic over the door shoe holders for additional storage. It folds flat, so doesn't take up much room in luggage.

Some cruise lines (I can only speak on NCL and RCI) have limited storage in their bathrooms unless you have a suite. I have used the plastic over the door shoe holders for additional storage. It folds flat, so doesn't take up much room in luggage.

I am aware of what they are I am not sure what the OP is going to use it for?

That is why I asked what it's purpose was for

Lyn

I am aware of what they are I am not sure what the OP is going to use it for?

That is why I asked what it's purpose was for

Lyn

648677190_tp.jpgObviously, I'm not the OP, but Stan and I each pack our toiletries in one of these, albeit NOT in Zebra, because:

A) it is convenient to have everything at eye level, which they are when it is hung from the bathrobe hook on the inside of the bathroom door.

B) they make "packing up the bathroom" a ten second task, and you NEVER leave anything behind.

C) the plastic compartments, though not watertight, have saved us from luggage mishaps more than once.

648677190_tp.jpgObviously, I'm not the OP, but Stan and I each pack our toiletries in one of these, albeit NOT in Zebra, because:

A) it is convenient to have everything at eye level, which they are when it is hung from the bathrobe hook on the inside of the bathroom door.

B) they make "packing up the bathroom" a ten second task, and you NEVER leave anything behind.

C) the plastic compartments, though not watertight, have saved us from luggage mishaps more than once.

I agree, I always take a makeup hanger with the plastic pockets and zippers so I can see all my makeup at a glance..its something I never travel without..I even have it on vacation with me here in Florida..just makes it so much easier to find things..

Jancruz1

Ditto, ditto, and ditto! (Hi, Jim, how's it going? When's your next cruise?)

Pam

Ditto, ditto, and ditto! (Hi, Jim, how's it going? When's your next cruise?)

Pam

Hi Pam (and the "Legal Eagle" too!), I've been meaning to write to you and welcome you back to the Oceania Board, but time is my enemy these days.

Stan and I are both fine, thank you for asking, but we're landlocked until May of 2014 due to family stuff (I know that you know how that is).

Speaking of that upcoming Transatlantic (Stan's FIRST EVER, can you stand it?); it is going to be quite a Cruise Critic Reunion....

map-lg-MNA140522.jpgMay I twist your arm?

I thought you were going to explain why NOT in Zebra;)

Hi Pam (and the "Legal Eagle" too!), I've been meaning to write to you and welcome you back to the Oceania Board, but time is my enemy these days.

Stan and I are both fine, thank you for asking, but we're landlocked until May of 2014 due to family stuff (I know that you know how that is).

Speaking of that upcoming Transatlantic (Stan's FIRST EVER, can you stand it?); it is going to be quite a Cruise Critic Reunion....

It's those middle few days at sea that would get to me, particularly my stomach! Actually, we are going Istanbul to Barcelona in May 2014 on Riviera for our first taste of this lovely ship. Our next trip this May is land only: Berlin (one day from Marina in June 2011 really sold us), Dresden and Prague.

It's those middle few days at sea that would get to me, particularly my stomach! Actually, we are going Istanbul to Barcelona in May 2014 on Riviera for our first taste of this lovely ship. Our next trip this May is land only: Berlin (one day from Marina in June 2011 really sold us), Dresden and Prague.

Spend more time in Prague, it is a wonderful city that is so beautiful it reminds me of Disneyland..have a great trip!!

Jancruz1

Spend more time in Prague, it is a wonderful city that is so beautiful it reminds me of Disneyland..have a great trip!!

Jancruz1

Thanks, Jan. We will have six days in Berlin (one for Potsdam), two in Dresden and four in Prague (one for Theresienstadt). The itinerary is based on being married to museum-lover Mr. Military History.

We love these too and because of all the reasons you stated! :D

Judy

I have tried my best to get Pam and Gerry to go on this! 😢

Judy

Archived