Best deck for D1 cabin on Oasis

kernow

We've never sailed on Oasis/Allure but with Oasis coming to Europe next year have decided that this is our chance and want to be prepared when bookings open.

We're thinking of a D1 cabin but not sure which deck to go for. I'd love to hear opinions from those who have sailed as to which are good(or bad) cabins.

Thanks,

Julie

All the D1 cabins on Oasis are in the forward hump and have larger than standard balconies - they are also the highest priced D categories as a result. I don't think there is a bad location with these and deck preference is up to you based on whether you like the higher v lower decks. Some people may raise a concern about possible noise from the pool deck above deck 14, but that wouldn't be the case with decks 6 - 12 if that matters. Although we did not stay in one, I think they are a good stateroom category regardless of deck location.

Most people are of the opinion that the higher the deck, the better the view. If you or anyone in your party is particularly uneasy about feeling a lot of movement from high winds or rough seas, the lowest deck for D1's (6) would be the better option.

If anyone in your party has limited walking ability, the locations of the D1's on this ship are quite a hike from both forward and aft elevator lobby. I would personally go for one of the other D category balcony staterooms nearer to one of the elevator banks, aft being the most convenient to access most areas of the ship with the exception of the large showroom. In fact, Deck 6 gives you a straight shot into the Boardwalk, where the Aquatheater and a couple of restaurants are located, and it's only one quick hop down the stairs to the Royal Promenade.

Sailing the Oasis this summer for the first time and have done a lot of research on the balconies. So I can't tell you from firsthand experience yet, but from what I've read, many people like having their room on deck 8 because it's on the same floor as Central Park and it's a mid-level floor so you don't have too far to go in either direction up or down should you choose to hike some stairs.

FWIW, we chose a deck 8 cabin...

That makes me feel good. We just booked Allure and was not sure which deck was best. The fellow helping with the reservation suggested Deck 8 for the same reason you did. We went with his suggestion. Glad we did.

Thanks for the replies. Its nice to know there are no 'bad' cabins.

I think we'll try for deck 12, don't really want to be directly under the pool but prefer to be higher up(the deck 10 afts are always our first choice on Voyager/Freedom class).

Now just have to wait until bookings open, I think these sailings are going to be very popular.

Julie

Sailing the Oasis this summer for the first time and have done a lot of research on the balconies. So I can't tell you from firsthand experience yet, but from what I've read, many people like having their room on deck 8 because it's on the same floor as Central Park and it's a mid-level floor so you don't have too far to go in either direction up or down should you choose to hike some stairs.

Another vote for deck 8

Archived