The Pride has nothing to be proud of!

As I have mentioned before...this was MY experience. This was MY opinion which I am entititled to. For some of you ignorance is bliss. If I pay thousands of dollars for my vacation I expect certain things. If YOUR standards are LOWER then so be it. I am not beating you down when you post. Also, I have said before I have been on MANY cruises so I CAN compare experiences on different ships as well as different lines. The last time I was on Carnival I was not happy that is why it has been quite a number of years since I cruised with them and they were the only ones available last minute. You DID NOT pay for my trip and this was MY experience and I have a right to post it just as you do. I'm not asking you to agree with me. Carnival is losing enough business on it's own which is why they are running huge sales now. My post cannot hurt their reputation any more or less. Enough said.

What did you expect when you posted ? Everyone to agree with you and pay you on the back. If you can't take people disagreeing with you as well as agreeing, maybe you shouldn't post. And I don't think people are disagreeing with most of you're grievances, just that you want to blame the cruiseline for the inconsiderate acts of passengers. They can't control everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No exaggeration. Just won't make the same mistake again! The main thing that sickened me was the water bottle issue. It seems that some people on this forum aren't bothered by it. They are probably the ones that do it! Then everyone scratches their head as to how all these people get noro virus.

I personally would have found that disgusting too and have witnessed things like that on other cruises and self serve type establishments as well. I guess things like that are why I generally avoid buffet's whenever possible, because not everything is aware of their unsanitary gross habits. I also am a transplant recipient, so I tend to be extra cautious when it comes to other people's "mung". With that being said, I would have said to the staff that I will wait while they disinfect the nozzles to the drink fountain. Seems to defeat the purpose of having hand sanitizer everywhere if they aren't equally diligent about keeping common food source areas clean as well.

Want better service try some kindness offer a smile. I have been on the pride twice. Great service but then again i remember how hard they work. So what if it takes a little longer to get your food. relax afterall you are on vacation. Try being more positive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it wrong ?

If I'm paying for my vacation (which I almost always do) I want them to do exactly as promised. If there are things that annoy me I want them addressed.

There used to be a saying: "The customer is always right." But that was way back in the olden days when companies valued your patronage.

If I'm paying for my vacation (which I almost always do) I want them to do exactly as promised. If there are things that annoy me I want them addressed.

There used to be a saying: "The customer is always right." But that was way back in the olden days when companies valued your patronage.

Outstanding post, icon14.gif

For one that still does not make what I said wrong, nothing can annoy you unless you let it. Second everyone on that cruise is on vacation and has you're same mentality, or at least most of them. Hate to burst little bubble but the other 3,000 or so passengers could care less if you are annoyed.

Did I mention that these were not cute toddlers?

LOL!!

To the poster:

I agree, there are times when we happen to witness ALL the negative stuff. Other times, we miss it all. Whew!!

Sometimes you just have to look out for number 1. I hate thinking like that, but, your just going to get super frustrated otherwise.

Hopefully, the next cruise, you won't see any of that stuff.

Sailed the Carnival Pride with my wife and two children March 17. No need to provide the detailed line by line as everything was great - just a fantastic family experience in every way! We particularly enjoyed the new (at least for us) SeaDay brunches. We tried RCI Enchantment of the Seas (also out of Baltimore) last October and had a nice vacation, but were disappointed with quite a few things - likely because we are so spoiled by Carnival.

That was also back in the days when customers were also courteous and UNentitled.

When customers demand their every "right," get annoyed over tiny grievances and generally have a foul attitude, they will get exactly what they are entitled to, but don't expect any better than that, or it done with a pleasant manner.

That was also back in the days when customers were also courteous and UNentitled.

When customers demand their every "right," get annoyed over tiny grievances and generally have a foul attitude, they will get exactly what they are entitled to, but don't expect any better than that, or it done with a pleasant manner.

It was also back in the day when customers observed the rules. Now it seems to be "it's my vacation and I'll do whatever I please".:( (And that pertains to other cruise lines, also, not just CCL.)

EXACTLY!!!!

Something to keep in mind (those of you that are not satisfied with the service being provided by Carnival crewmembers) ... they are PEOPLE - not your servants!!! I assure you that you and I did NOT pay Carnival near enough to have servants assigned to us! These people (who also happen to be crewmembers) deserve a smile and a friendly attitude as they display (in my opinion) a remarkable work ethic while doing their job to keep the passengers happy, well fed, and comfortable.

I'm not swayed at all from this post. I fully plan on enjoying my PRIDE cruise next week!

I'm on vacation. I'm not cooking, making my bed, or working. All is good in my world.

I'm bringing a case of bottled water with me, so I could really careless what other people do. :)

EXACTLY!!!!

Something to keep in mind (those of you that are not satisfied with the service being provided by Carnival crewmembers) ... they are PEOPLE - not your servants!!! I assure you that you and I did NOT pay Carnival near enough to have servants assigned to us! These people (who also happen to be crewmembers) deserve a smile and a friendly attitude as they display (in my opinion) a remarkable work ethic while doing their job to keep the passengers happy, well fed, and comfortable.

That would be the one thing to keep me from cruising any line, if they told me the staff were my servants.

I'm the one in all our travel groups that gets teased because I have to make an attempt to straighten the room before we leave. Bed linens are all pulled up, towels are neatly piled on floor if we want them removed, hung on towel racks if reusable, all trash must be in the trash can or in a plastic sack next to it, the list goes on forever. lol I've had too many service jobs in my life to make any extra work for staff.

I have, in the past, taken a lot of Carnival cruises.

I have, in the past, slammed my hand (really bad, too) in a car door. :(

If I was forced to repeat one of those actions, there would be no question which I'd choose. One lasts a week, and the other for numerous weeks.

I am no longer a fan of CCL, and would rather chew on aluminum foil than re-board one of those ships . . . but the car slam comparison is one I simply could never agree with.

Sorry to read your cruise vacation had numerous bumps for you.

we just got off the liberty and agree with you please add me to the list of NEVER GOING ON CARNIVAL AGAINLet me list a few other things

1 out of six days of ordering room service coffee to the room were wrong example we order coffe juice pastries not hard right ?Carnival got every order wrong wether it was first no coffee second day no pastries third no juice. You use your imagination

2 why go to Belize if the night before they slip a notice under your door stating DO NOT GO BEYOND THE GATES if you haven't purchased carnival excursion

3 Roatan three other ships docked just fine carnival said too windy

4Slide closed every day but first day

5my adult children trapped in elevator with five other people no one came to help them Thank God my daughters boyfriend was a Firefighter and he was in the elevator and rescued all of them we called guest services and never even received a response Wow

5what happened to the drinks they were undrinkable remember I was with three firefighters in my group of twelve Beer was great

6 Liberty docked on the other side of Caymen an extra 35 dollars to downtown three other ships docked downtown could walk from tenders :eek:

anyways home now please people think about your hard earned money and spend a little more and go on a decent cruise this was really a bad time Go somewhere else

First of all I am on RCCL all the time and it actually happens more on RCCL than Carnival that I have witnessed with the water botte refilling. Second you should never refill a water bottle in the first place, just google it, it's a fact you should never refill a water bottle for usage again. Thirdly you people are germaphobes who have no clue what you are talking about with noro and water bottles touching. Thanks for the laugh for this scientist.;)

Are we talking about capped water bottles with small openings or the larger "Contigo"/Camelback style with the wide twist off cap and the separate spout for drinking used in hiking and biking. The latter there would be no mouth-to-mouth type germs passed. The former, maybe, but like using a public water fountain, if you let the spigot run for a 3 count, the liquid washes away any surface germs. And re the refill of plastic bottles because they "release" harmful chemicals, some "scientist"(s) need to review the literature/studies on this. Doesn't happen.

we just got off the liberty and agree with you please add me to the list of NEVER GOING ON CARNIVAL AGAINLet me list a few other things

1 out of six days of ordering room service coffee to the room were wrong example we order coffe juice pastries not hard right ?Carnival got every order wrong wether it was first no coffee second day no pastries third no juice. You use your imagination

2 why go to Belize if the night before they slip a notice under your door stating DO NOT GO BEYOND THE GATES if you haven't purchased carnival excursion

5my adult children trapped in elevator with five other people no one came to help them Thank God my daughters boyfriend was a Firefighter and he was in the elevator and rescued all of them we called guest services and never even received a response Wow

5what happened to the drinks they were undrinkable remember I was with three firefighters in my group of twelve Beer was great

6 Liberty docked on the other side of Caymen an extra 35 dollars to downtown three other ships docked downtown could walk from tenders :eek:

anyways home now please people think about your hard earned money and spend a little more and go on a decent cruise this was really a bad time Go somewhere else

Wow, we just were on Liberty about a month ago and had a great time. In fact, I think it was the best out of 7 cruises.

We did not do a ship-sponsored excursion and never received a notice under our door.

On one of our room service, they did forget something, but I just walked up to Lido and got it myself.

The other things are designed for your protection. If it is too windy, slides will be closed, etc.

Our drinks were wonderful!

I hope your next cruise is better, sorry that you did not have a good time.

I'm sorry to hear your cruise was such a disappointment for your group. A number of these things happen on a lot of cruises, but you got blindsided with it all at once.

We had the same thing happen in Belize on one of our cruises, but different ship. All I can say to that is civil unrest or violent crimes don't usually stick to a schedule. It's disappointing, but you have to remember that they were thinking of your safety and best interests. That could also be said for the windy day in Roatan. About Cayman, I thought they only anchored and tendered there. Were you referring to Cozumel? At any port, only so many ships can fit at each pier. If that area was considered full enough by that country's officials, then your ship would have to dock at another pier.

On our most recent cruise, we had a couple mornings with continental breakfast mistakes, but a phone call to room service had the missing items almost instantly.

The thing that would have me taking the time to send a well-written email to Carnival is the elevator situation. I think it's a definite slight on their side to not have acknowledged it immediately.

Seriously :rolleyes:

This has been MY Carnival experience:

The ships are beautiful and luxurious ... and pristeen.

The staterooms are quiet and comfortable (and more spacious than a 4-star NYC hotel room I stayed in recently).

The crewmembers work HARD to make their guests comfortable (especially if their guests offer them a smile and a friendly attitude).

When you have hundreds and hundreds of people being served food at the same time, your MDR food MIGHT not make it to you as quickly as you would get it at your local McDonalds ... but I choose to sit back, relax, and enjoy the entire dining experience... and leave that fast-food mentality at home.

I find the serenity areas are relaxing and enjoyable (I am able to tune out surrounding sounds (i.e. children having fun) -- as I remind myself that I'm on a cruise ship - not a deserted island ;) )

I could go on and on -- especially since I am booked to cruise on the Pride in just a few weeks.

My cruise experience on Carnival cannot (in any way, shape, or form) be compared to my shopping experience at WalMart.

THE MAJORITY of the issues that the OP complained about in the posting are issues that involve the actions of inconsiderate PASSENGERS. (hello?!)

Newsflash: Carnival crewmembers cannot control the inconsiderate behavior of your fellow passengers ... any more than Wal-Mart can control the behavior of it's lower-class clientele.

Perfect except one thing... here at least, Wallmart has all classes of clientele.

I'm sorry to hear your cruise was such a disappointment for your group. A number of these things happen on a lot of cruises, but you got blindsided with it all at once.

We had the same thing happen in Belize on one of our cruises, but different ship. All I can say to that is civil unrest or violent crimes don't usually stick to a schedule. It's disappointing, but you have to remember that they were thinking of your safety and best interests. That could also be said for the windy day in Roatan. About Cayman, I thought they only anchored and tendered there. Were you referring to Cozumel? At any port, only so many ships can fit at each pier. If that area was considered full enough by that country's officials, then your ship would have to dock at another pier.

On our most recent cruise, we had a couple mornings with continental breakfast mistakes, but a phone call to room service had the missing items almost instantly.

The thing that would have me taking the time to send a well-written email to Carnival is the elevator situation. I think it's a definite sli

ght on their side to not have acknowledged it immediately.

no I stated correctly we tendered on the other side of the Caymen. Island called Spots bay every other ship included the new Carnival Magic were tendered on the other side the good side short walk to downtown

no I stated correctly we tendered on the other side of the Caymen. Island called Spots bay every other ship included the new Carnival Magic were tendered on the other side the good side short walk to downtown

PS ELEVATOR NEVER GOT FIXED TWO DAYS LATER THEN WE WERE IN MIAMI COMING HOME if someone is on Liberty now I wonder if it ever got fixed?

Archived