The Pride has nothing to be proud of!

That is gross but don't bother posting anything negative about a Carnival ship on the Carnival board. Its not worth the replys you will get. ;) Carnival can do no wrong...rah rah rah and such.

:rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 cents: You can't blame the crewmembers for the inconsiderate behavior on the part of the guests who were refilling their water bottles in the manner you described. If the staff were reprimanding the guests for spreading their germs when refilling their bottles - I GUARANTEE someone would be posting on this forum to complain about the rude behavior of the crewmembers. :rolleyes: It's one of those 'damned if we do -- or damned if we don't' situations for the dining staff. The decisions to allow for a healthier method for passengers to refill their water bottles would need to come from crewmembers 'higher up the food chain' (pardon the pun) than the dining staff in the buffet area.

In order for change to take place ... this is DEFINITELY something that needs to be brought to the attention (as often as possible by a number of passengers) to guest services. If they hear enough complaints then maybe they will assign a crewmember to assist with refilling the water bottles (as you described RCCL has done).

Very well said and I agree 100% with everything you said.

Crewmembers are already overburdened, they should not have to police passenger behavior.

Also on the Epic, during the daily Captain's announcements,

he stressed that staff were forbidden to shake hands with the passengers,

it was one way to cut down on unhealthy transmissions

Good idea, actually!

Can we bump clenched fists? you know ..the knock?

Was on the Pride recently and had a good time. I was watching out for people refilling their bottles directly into the dispenser, and found several occasions either cruisers or crew informing the culprits that the correct method is to fill a glass, then refill the container.

Wow. OK. I'd much rather be on a cruise than have my hand slammed, but you are entitled to your opinion, and I digress...

I'm still considering the Pride for our next (wedding) cruise, as it leaves from the right port (Baltimore). Or we may go with RCI. It depends on who has the right price and itinerary when we decide to tie the knot.

I'll consider your review for what it's worth. Thanks!

Jessica, there is a CC board for brides to be to discuss cruise weddings. They discuss many cruise lines as well as the various ships for weddings.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Sorry you feel that way. I've been on the Pride twice and loved every second of it. I had nothing but excellent service and did not see people doing anything unsavory with the water; I find it odd that no one would do anything about it. Maybe you should have talked to guest services? They may have more power than whoever is manning the buffet areas. I'm sure if someone "higher up" was made aware of a problem that could potentially be really detrimental to the ship (i.e. germ spreading, Norovirus etc..) something would have been done about it. Talking to someone who is essentially a waiter or busboy is not going to get anything accomplished, I'm afraid.

As for the level of service, I'd say NCL and Carnival are pretty comparable, in my opinion. I believe we get the same experience and attention on Carnival and pay less - why pay more for the same thing?

. . .Taking a Carnival cruise is like slamming your hand in a car door. You don't want to make the same mistake twice!

I have, in the past, taken a lot of Carnival cruises.

I have, in the past, slammed my hand (really bad, too) in a car door. :(

If I was forced to repeat one of those actions, there would be no question which I'd choose. One lasts a week, and the other for numerous weeks.

I am no longer a fan of CCL, and would rather chew on aluminum foil than re-board one of those ships . . . but the car slam comparison is one I simply could never agree with.

Sorry to read your cruise vacation had numerous bumps for you.

Refilling your water bottle up against the nozzle is disgusting, but I did hear announcements on the Breeze last November telling the guests not to do it, but of course there are always the few that don't listen or don't care!

I think you will find this type of carelessness or rudeness where ever you go, cruise ship or not. Just like I've seen people put their mouths on a public water fountain in malls!

Anyway, I enjoy Carnival cruises and people watching is part of the fun!

Jessica, there is a CC board for brides to be to discuss cruise weddings. They discuss many cruise lines as well as the various ships for weddings.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Thanks, I know about it and have been on it.

I just felt compelled to mention why I was looking at Pride to explain why I was lurking and posting on the Carnival board, considering I've never cruised on CCL and there have been several posts accusing people of being CCL cheerleaders :rolleyes:

I have, in the past, taken a lot of Carnival cruises.

I have, in the past, slammed my hand (really bad, too) in a car door. :(

If I was forced to repeat one of those actions, there would be no question which I'd choose. One lasts a week, and the other for numerous weeks.

I am no longer a fan of CCL, and would rather chew on aluminum foil than re-board one of those ships . . . but the car slam comparison is one I simply could never agree with.

Sorry to read your cruise vacation had numerous bumps for you.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that!

I recently broke my foot in multiple places, and I would have rather been on the lower decks of the Poop-in-a-Bag cruise than repeat that experience. That's kinda why I asked the OP about it. :cool:

We saw this on our last Carnival Cruise, passengers were using water bottles that were too tall to fit under the dispenser without touching the spout where the water and drinks came out. I started using water from our room and adding Crystal Lite.

As to the rest of your concerns, we've seen some of the same things, but I still enjoy Carnival's food. Hope the rest of the cruises you take this year are better.

Just as an aside, do any of you drink from public water fountains? People can't help but dribble spit laced water all over them...

Not to mention touching the lever to turn them on...

Perhaps they should install taller dispensers. I honestly never gave this a thought until so many of you have brought this up but even the germaphobe that I am realizes that at some point you just have to work past it. What about tongs or serving spoons at a buffet? Handled by everyone else's dirty hands...

Whew....thank goodness for you there are other cruise lines! Understand on the water bottle thing. Noted there were signs on water stations on the Breeze. Now I know why. :-). Let's make some money and patent a personal water bottle dispensing station....that's what's needed.

We have those in the gym at work. Made by Britta, tall, water bottle goes underneath...

Just off the ship today and was not happy. The first and most DISGUSTING thing I have been watching the entire week was that people are refilling their water bottles and sticking the mouth part right under where the water flows from!! I informed a worker and was told that they are not supposed to say anything to the guests. ***?? EVERY time I was at the buffet I have seen people do this! If you are one of those people that is VERY rude and inconsiderate! I don't know where YOUR mouth has been and I don't want your germs!!! Carnival, you need to do something about this!!! When I was on RCCL one of the employees is in charge of the drinks and just keeps putting filled cups out for the guests to take. This is how you can control this! The next thing I want to mention is the horrible service around the ship. Most (not all) of the employees put there heads down when the pass by you. The Normandie dining room servers (a lot) look miserable and serve you when they are good and ready. We were seated and it took very long to get water and/or bread. I can understand why people were complaining this week. I along with others took this cruise because my first 2 choices were sold out. They were the only ones who had cabins available 5-6 weeks out. I have been on Carnival cruises before and this one was pretty bad and will be our last with this line. You buy cheap you get cheap! If you are not into good service and want to be treated like crap then this is your cruise! The food is mediocre also. Taking a Carnival cruise is like slamming your hand in a car door. You don't want to make the same mistake twice! Go with NCL or RCCL...This is my opinion of the cruise I just returned from and can compare it to others as we take 3 a year. BTW, Why would you put a children's water slide above the Serenity adult only pool?? All you hear is screaming the whole day! Where was the Serenity?? And btw what was the green algae looking crap you were sifting out of the pool anyway? It looked pretty gross! ICK!

When someone posts a rant like this one, I like to see what other posts the person has made. Ms. Beaverhausen seems to have issues with any of the cruises she has taken. Maybe cruising is not for you?

Has anyone else heard George Carlin's comedy about "Germs"?

Anyone wonder why they seem to spread faster these days?

Am I one of the few who is not bothered by the bottle touching the nozzle? Am I the only person who does not carry anti-bacterial gunk around.

Oh and my last sick day was 3 years ago. I think I took it not to waist a sick day.

So one bad cruise and all the Carnival ships are no good. For you to be almost platinum you have sailed many times on Carnival and it they were nice enough to keep going back, why would you let one bad cruise change your mind about a line you seemed to like so much in the past. Sometimes you do just have a not so good cruise but one time and you throw in the towel. Don't get that.

I've seen the re-filling of the water bottles many times on the multiple Carnival cruises I've been on and must agree it is disgusting and gross. I did make a mental note to never get water from any of those locations. With that being said I've also seen cruisers filling used water bottles with lemonade and ice tea too. Those drinking stations should be better managed.

I do chalk some of that up with the value and the cost of the cruise though and move on, but think to myself really? Is that person doing that really that oblivious to what they are doing?

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

. . . I honestly never gave this a thought until so many of you have brought this up but even the germaphobe that I am realizes that at some point you just have to work past it. What about tongs or serving spoons at a buffet? Handled by everyone else's dirty hands...

My personal solution is to serve with one hand and eat with the other. Been doing that for a number of years now.

:)

Just off the ship today and was not happy. The first and most DISGUSTING thing I have been watching the entire week was that people are refilling their water bottles and sticking the mouth part right under where the water flows from!! I informed a worker and was told that they are not supposed to say anything to the guests. ***?? EVERY time I was at the buffet I have seen people do this! If you are one of those people that is VERY rude and inconsiderate! I don't know where YOUR mouth has been and I don't want your germs!!! Carnival, you need to do something about this!!! When I was on RCCL one of the employees is in charge of the drinks and just keeps putting filled cups out for the guests to take. This is how you can control this! The next thing I want to mention is the horrible service around the ship. Most (not all) of the employees put there heads down when the pass by you. The Normandie dining room servers (a lot) look miserable and serve you when they are good and ready. We were seated and it took very long to get water and/or bread. I can understand why people were complaining this week. I along with others took this cruise because my first 2 choices were sold out. They were the only ones who had cabins available 5-6 weeks out. I have been on Carnival cruises before and this one was pretty bad and will be our last with this line. You buy cheap you get cheap! If you are not into good service and want to be treated like crap then this is your cruise! The food is mediocre also. Taking a Carnival cruise is like slamming your hand in a car door. You don't want to make the same mistake twice! Go with NCL or RCCL...This is my opinion of the cruise I just returned from and can compare it to others as we take 3 a year. BTW, Why would you put a children's water slide above the Serenity adult only pool?? All you hear is screaming the whole day! Where was the Serenity?? And btw what was the green algae looking crap you were sifting out of the pool anyway? It looked pretty gross! ICK!

WOW! I see this very same thing happen at buffets on land, AM/PM's, 7-11's, etc. Really not sure what you're complaining about, but comparing taking a Carnival cruise to slamming your hand in a door is out of the top. I've never been injured on a Carnival cruise, and I'll give you the Serenity opinion, that deck is anything but serene and people pay to sit there! I doubt you saw algae being taken out of the pool, as it takes algae a few days to get there. I believe your are telling tales. :rolleyes:

WOW! I see this very same thing happen at buffets on land, AM/PM's, 7-11's, etc. Really not sure what you're complaining about, but comparing taking a Carnival cruise to slamming your hand in a door is out of the top. I've never been injured on a Carnival cruise, and I'll give you the Serenity opinion, that deck is anything but serene and people pay to sit there! I doubt you saw algae being taken out of the pool, as it takes algae a few days to get there. I believe your are telling tales. :rolleyes:

...Thought the same exact thing. If you think this problem with refilling personal water bottles is limited to Carnival, someone is sadly mistaken. I witness this same action all over the place.

...and about the algae taken out of the pool. IMHO, it seems the comment was just thrown in there for dramatic purposes. We all know the pools are drained daily. My pool at home would take days and days and days of not being cared for to form even a dot of algae.

...To the OP, sorry you didn't enjoy this cruise. Any positive comments about it?

OP, I post this, not to disagree with your experience because what you experienced is what you experienced, but to give others reading this thread another picture. There are signs at the water stations not to do what you observed and if people are boorish enough to ignore those then there is not much that can be done (FWIW I saw people doing the same thing on NCL). Our service was very good all week and the staff was very friendly. When we passed stewards in the hall they always greeted us first, even though they weren't our steward. We also found the food to be comparable to what we had on NCL. We would sail on the Pride again without hesitation.

One would think there should be an easy way to prevent peeps from using water bottles the wrong way. The cost of preventing people from spreading germs would pay for it self..

Btw on the dream a couple three months ago out waiter had told us that the pride... Well the staff all try to avoid getting contracts on her... Not sure why but that was his comment

Archived