Which of these Pearl Harbor Tours would you recommend?

ride4806

I have been researching Pearl Harbor Tours and have pretty much narrowed it down to either The Complete Pearl Harbor Experience with Discover Hawaii tours for $120 or Home of the Brave tour http://http://www.pearlharborhq.com/ which would be $79 since we both are just slightly over 55 :D The only reason I am second guessing the Home of the Brave tour is that it does not go to the USS Battleship Missouri, the USS Bowfin Submarine, or the Pacific Aviation Museum-does any one have any idea of what would be the best waY to go? Would it be a huge mistake to miss those specific things? Thanks in advance for your help with this folks~~

I would go to Pearl Harbor & the USS Missouri for a first time visit but would like to take the Home of the Brave tour next having already gone to PH & Missouri a couple of times & I've read good things about the 'Brave' tour.

If just going to any of the PH sites you could take a cab there (a little over $30 o/w) or The Bus for only $2.50 o/w. You can also go to the Pearl Harbor NP site to learn how you can pre-reserve a tender time to the Arizona Memorial.

I would go to the NPS website and get the Pearl Harbor Passport and make reservations for the Arizona Memorial. Take a taxi or bus to Pearl Harbor on your own. The Passport is good for the four sites at Pearl Harbor.

http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm

If the "Home of the Brave" tour does not include all four sites, I would not pay to go with them. Pearl Harbor Arizona Memorial to me marks the beginning of the war, and the USS Missouri marks the ending of the war. You stand on the deck exactly where the surrender documents were signed. It is such an eerie feeling. I visited her in Long Beach CA before she moved to her present site in Pearl Harbor. She is one big mama.

I've not heard of the Discover Hawaii Tours, so can't comment.

Roberts Hawaii is another good tour company. I did do Roberts my first visit to Oahu, and they do a good job. Only you can decide what is the most important for you to see.

Maybe check to see if you would have time in the afternoon to do one of the shorter half day tours after you visit Pearl Harbor on your own.

Have a great trip. So much to see and do. I've been to Hawaii 5 times, and keep finding new things to discover.

I have taken the Home of The Brave tour and it ranks as one of my all time favorite tours without a doubt. The tour guides are outstanding and it is a fantastic tour.

Keith

That may be Keith, but I can't believe they omit USS Missouri. Most folks aren't that interested in Wheeler and Schofield. I've been to both and the Missouri out does either of them by a mile.

That may be Keith, but I can't believe they omit USS Missouri. Most folks aren't that interested in Wheeler and Schofield. I've been to both and the Missouri out does either of them by a mile.

I think Missouri is great too and did that as well.

I would still do the Home of the Brave tour because it give you the full picture of what happened that day and of the military presence on Pearl Harbor. The insight that they provide on that tour is just unbelievable and it is so much more meaningful then just seeing Pearl Harbor.

Just my opinion.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back and we actually booked the Stars and Stripes tours through Roberts which includes the Arizona and the Missouri. The reason I booked this tour was due to the fact that part of the tour is a walk through tour of Punchbowl Cemetery which other tour companies are not allowed to do. A veteran from the Honolulu American legion is your guide. Yes you do miss Wheeler and Schofield but our Circle island tour after our cruise drove us through this area and we had a very knowledgeable driver.

I just got back and we actually booked the Stars and Stripes tours through Roberts which includes the Arizona and the Missouri. The reason I booked this tour was due to the fact that part of the tour is a walk through tour of Punchbowl Cemetery which other tour companies are not allowed to do. A veteran from the Honolulu American legion is your guide. Yes you do miss Wheeler and Schofield but our Circle island tour after our cruise drove us through this area and we had a very knowledgeable driver.

Great, I knew there was a tour that included the Arizona & Missouri, just couldn't remember the name of it. When everyone was posting the "Home of the Brave" tour, I thought that was it. But thanks for posting "Stars and Stripes". That's the tour I was thinking of. Absolutely the best!

Thanks for all the input folks-I am leaning toward a tour that will allow us to see The Missouri and will probably save the Home of the Brave Tour for our second trip to Hawaii :D It does sound great but for our first time I do want to experience the "basics of Pearl Harbor" which for me included the Missouri and I think I would also like to tour Punchbowl Cemetery so I am now off to check out the Stars and Stripes tours through Roberts-thanks for the heads up on that one kslmp. Love these boards and the fact that folks here are SO willing to share information and help others-all ideas and suggestions are much appreciated!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived