Celebrity Solstice - the ship and about it

I think that the food on cruises is of a high standard and while a few meals may not hit the mark, they are still a lot better than any club's meals as Sutho stated.:D

I certainly agree with that, some slops served up in NSW clubs, particularly down here at Batemans Bay. Cruise ship tucker generally outshines registered club tucker. Of course, there are always exceptions.

No loud music from my memory. Some areas of the open decks did have background music but there was plenty of quiet places on that ship. I am not sure what peeople are complaining about but if you dont want to hear a band playing some music then dont go to the venue when they are advertised to be playing. It just proves you cant please everyone.

MicCanberra: Music taste is very subjective. On the solstice recently we found that the music in the Martini Bar was not great. It wasn't the volume but the content' date=' It was very repetitive and modern but not in a good way, the majority of people were 30s plus in the martini bar, but even my son in his low 20s would not listen to that type of music.[/quote']

Appreciate these good, added comments and insights. Very helpful. YES, agree on "Music taste is very subjective." We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. Happy to read the report from Sutho, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 5,089 views for this shorter version of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Archived