Bringing drinks onboard

I have seen the threads about bringing canned soda onboard by just putting a luggage tag on the case and they will deliver it. What I was wondering, I wanted to bring some soda for the room and maybe some of the small cans of V8 in a rolling cooler as carry on luggage. That way they can just look in it without me being called to the naughty room. I would then have the cooler to use in the room. It is a 40 can cooler, about the size of a large over-night bag. Would this make it onboard with me OK ?

I have seen the threads about bringing canned soda onboard by just putting a luggage tag on the case and they will deliver it. What I was wondering, I wanted to bring some soda for the room and maybe some of the small cans of V8 in a rolling cooler as carry on luggage. That way they can just look in it without me being called to the naughty room. I would then have the cooler to use in the room. It is a 40 can cooler, about the size of a large over-night bag. Would this make it onboard with me OK ?

Maybe - seems many ports were cracking down (since it is technically prohibited) during spring break, but likely have eased up by now.

I guess I was more trying to figure out if I am going to have a problem getting the cooler onboard more-so than the drinks. Do they have a problem with coolers?

Of course not. It's just a container. They would only be interested in its contents.

Of course not. It's just a container. They would only be interested in its contents.

That's great. It will have 12 7-up, 12 coke, and 8 small DP cans, and 2 bottles of Korbel Brut in it. Didn't know if I should bring it on or check it. I know if I bring it on , they will check it and prob. let it go, but then I have to drag it around until the cabin is ready. But if I check it, will they just look in it and send it to the cabin ar will they hold it and make me come get it?

That's great. It will have 12 7-up, 12 coke, and 8 small DP cans, and 2 bottles of Korbel Brut in it. Didn't know if I should bring it on or check it. I know if I bring it on , they will check it and prob. let it go, but then I have to drag it around until the cabin is ready. But if I check it, will they just look in it and send it to the cabin ar will they hold it and make me come get it?

I plan on bringing coke with me...put it in a small cooler...of course I buy Margaritta's and sometimes beer...Hubby is a coffee & tea drinker...:)

If you put bottle of water and diet pepsi in checked bag with lock do they bring lock to search suitcase or call you to remove it?

I put water/soda in a tote cooler to check but I don't lock that one. That way if they want to look inside and see what is in there they can. Never had a problem with it making it to the cabin. For our B2B on Jewel in May I plan to put a 12pk of Diet Coke and a 12Pk of Fresca in my soft cooler with hard plastic insert inside and put a tag on it and check it. Then I use the cooler for our room.

If you put bottle of water and diet pepsi in checked bag with lock do they bring lock to search suitcase or call you to remove it?

They will not break the lock. You will get a personal invitation to visit the naughty room.

They will not break the lock. You will get a personal invitation to visit the naughty room.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

It seems i will just have to see what happens, since there doesn't seem to be consistency.

Are sodas and bottles of water allowed or not?

Thanks everyone for the replies.

It seems i will just have to see what happens, since there doesn't seem to be consistency.

Are sodas and bottles of water allowed or not?

Technically they are not allowed, but that rule is frequently not enforced.

Here is policy:

Onboard Policies

s.gif

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?s.gifA: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

We have never had a problem in Ft Lauderdale. We just came off the Allure and we brought 4 fridge packs of pop. 2 opened 2 liters of pop and a few unopened bottles of water. We were pulled aside to look through our stuff... they checked all the fridge packs to make sure they were factory sealed. They opened the 2 liters ( that were about half full... just had them left over from the night before in the hotel) and they made sure they fizzed when opened. and they shook the water bottles to make sure they were just water. Everything passed their inspections and we were on our way to check in.

I put water/soda in a tote cooler to check but I don't lock that one. That way if they want to look inside and see what is in there they can. Never had a problem with it making it to the cabin.

I also put a sealed case of water in an open tote (our beach bag for the trip) and checked it - no issues with it coming to the room during Spring Break.

just received this in my e docs:

Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages

onboard for consumption. Alcoholic beverages that are

purchased in ports-of call or from onboard gifts shops

will be stored by the ship and delivered to the guest’s

stateroom on the last day of sailing. Guests under the age

of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them. Alcoholic

beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda

bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of

containers holding alcohol.

Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consuming,

providing alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrating

irresponsible behavior, or attempting to conceal alcoholic

items at security and or luggage checkpoints or any other

time, may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their

own expense, in accordance with the Guest Conduct Policy.

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages

on Royal Caribbean International ships is 21. However, on

cruises departing Europe and South American countries

where the legal drinking age is typically lower than 21, a

parent sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s)

who are between the ages of 18 and 20 may sign a waiver

allowing the 18 to 20 year-old to consume alcoholic

beverages.

The 18 or 20 year-old must agree to comply with Royal

Caribbean’s policies.Including among other things;

agreeing not to provide alcoholic beverages to any other

person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this

policy is subject to change without notice. Royal Caribbean

reserves the right to revoke or otherwise restrict drinking

privileges of any guest, regardless of age end quote

Archived