Upgrades as drop in price

nmg85

Hello,

I booked last August for a cruise that departs on May 24th, have just noticed that prices have dropped massively. Does anyone know the process if I wanted to upgrade to a higher cabin grade?

Thanks

A lot of times they will tell you it's for new bookings only. My best advice to you is if you are a captain's club member call them. We just had an issue with getting an upgrade and our TA had no luck getting it. The ladies at the CC were very helpful and we got our upgrade.

I did this a week ago. I originally had a 1B and upgraded to Aqua class as they had a senior rate for only 120.00 per person more. Celebrity will let you upgrade as long as you are paying more. They won't drop the price on an existing reservation, even though the category you booked dropped in price. My cruise is Alaska 5/17/2013

I truly don't expect a refund however I have a concierge class and now AQ is cheaper by over £200pp then what I paid so I just wondered if there were any options.

It depends. Celebrity wants to sell new cabins before upgrading existing ones. If AQ was still more expensive it would be easier,because you could just pay the difference.

It can't hurt to try.

It would make it so much better if AQ was £30 more or something as it would be a no brainer. The GTY Suite is more expensive by about £600 which I don't think I can do unless anyone can say it is worth the extra?

I did this a week ago. I originally had a 1B and upgraded to Aqua class as they had a senior rate for only 120.00 per person more. Celebrity will let you upgrade as long as you are paying more. They won't drop the price on an existing reservation, even though the category you booked dropped in price. My cruise is Alaska 5/17/2013

This is not always true. I wanted to move up to Concierge, from a regular balcony, and pay the $50 p.p. difference between the price I paid and the new rate for Concierge. I was told by Celebrity, that I could do it if I forfeited the prepaid gratuitites I got by booking with their 1-2-3 Go promotion. I didn't do it. I've seen this happen to other people who posted on other similar subjects.

About 2 weeks after finial payment, we found through our Roll Call that the price for AQ was about $70 less that what we paid for our balcony cabin. We booked this 2 yrs ago.

It seemed like the rates were dropping over the weekends. I put a 24 hr hold on the cabin we were interested in and called our TA on Monday morning. Of course the price had gone up by Monday on the AQ cabins. Celebrity did upgrade us to the AQ cabin we had held. We did not loose any perks from our TA. In this case the price for the upgraded cabin was & less than what we paid, we did not expect any refund.

Our friends traveling with us got the same deal.

Hope you get the upgraded cabin, we are super excited about dining in Blu.

Bev

I've upgraded us twice on our British Isles cruise. The price for CC and AQ is several hundred dollars less than what we originally paid for a 1A. No refund, but we were upgraded to CC and then to AQ when I didn't like the CC cabin we got. We're now in one of the new A1 cabins on deck 11. And all our OBC came along. We booked this before all the 123 promos, so don't know about that.

Last year we had a Concierge class room booked and the price dropped after final payment. Our TA upgraded us to an Aqua class room.

The location of the room wasn't as good as our original room but we did enjoy dining in Blue. As far as the Persian Gardens, I think that is overated,never did use it! Just my 2 cents worth!:)

This is not always true. I wanted to move up to Concierge, from a regular balcony, and pay the $50 p.p. difference between the price I paid and the new rate for Concierge. I was told by Celebrity, that I could do it if I forfeited the prepaid gratuitites I got by booking with their 1-2-3 Go promotion. I didn't do it. I've seen this happen to other people who posted on other similar subjects.

Same thing happened to me I wanted to go from AQ to a suite for about $400 total more, would of lost the drink package from 123 promo, I stayed in AQ.

Seems to be a UK thing that you can't upgrade due to drop in price. My agent has spoken to Celebrity and we have to pay the difference from when we booked which is +900pp instead of the -200pp it is now! Have now emailed the captains club to see why this is so different in the UK

Seems to be a UK thing that you can't upgrade due to drop in price. My agent has spoken to Celebrity and we have to pay the difference from when we booked which is +900pp instead of the -200pp it is now! Have now emailed the captains club to see why this is so different in the UK

Keep on asking..We have sailed with Celebrity twice and have received ££££sss back on both ocations through our TA....Keep asking and good luck..

On my Med cruise last year on Celebrity Silhouette I was filled with angst as I saw many posts about people getting upgrades to Aquas class for less than I paid for AQ and I was stuck with a TA who didn't even try to get any kind of adjustment for me even though it was months before final payment.

But after doing much research I realized that many of the AQ cabins are under the pool deck and could be quite noisy and I knew that I wanted to be close to midship and with cabins above our cabin and portside. So I bit the bullet and booked early taking advantage of the CC discount and got the exact cabin I wanted. Hopefully my new TA., WHO GAVE ME A GREAT OBC,might be able to snag me a great deal should one become available but I am not expecting it. I decided it was worth it tof get the exact cabin I wanted. :)

Robin

I'd be wary of the TA. We are from the UK and our TA always sorts out price drops for us. We did book once with another TA online and they said it was not possible. I quoted Cruise Critic and then they realize you know the crack and their attitude changed.

Archived