choice air

nittany lion fan

Now best air prices from Choice air:) .They beat my best price after I did extensive research on flights & prices:D

Just be aware that if Choice Air's price is significantly cheaper it is likely a bulk fare tickets and is NOT the same ticket as you'd receive from the airline; far, far more restrictions arise if things go awry (missed connection, cancelled flight, lengthy delay etc.).

Just be aware that if Choice Air's price is significantly cheaper it is likely a bulk fare tickets and is NOT the same ticket as you'd receive from the airline; far, far more restrictions arise if things go awry (missed connection, cancelled flight, lengthy delay etc.).

To add to that.... the fact that you can go on the airline website to choose your seats etc. when you buy cheapo tix from Choice Air means nothing. Being able to select your seats in advance in no way indicates that you bought the "same" ticket the airline would have sold you directly, even though many always seem to think so.

isn't choiceair really only good for 1 way international flights?
It doesn't hurt to check prices on Choiceair, but in my experience you are generally correct. Excellent prices for one-way international, and little or no discount for domestic trips, one-way or round trip.

I've never used Choice air but was thinking about it for our Singapore-Hong Kong cruise. As they say "they will ensure gusts make it to the ship......or next port of call" They don't appear any cheaper than booking the flights direct but it seemed worth the $25 booking fee pp to have this reassurance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I've never used Choice air but was thinking about it for our Singapore-Hong Kong cruise. As they say "they will ensure gusts make it to the ship......or next port of call" They don't appear any cheaper than booking the flights direct but it seemed worth the $25 booking fee pp to have this reassurance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If you are captain club member they wave the fee

isn't choiceair really only good for 1 way international flights?

Choice Air is often cheaper for one way international flights, but that is because they are typically bulk fare tickets that carry heavy restrictions - as such while they are cheaper they may or may not be good.

Choice Air is often cheaper for one way international flights, but that is because they are typically bulk fare tickets that carry heavy restrictions - as such while they are cheaper they may or may not be good.

I've never flown before so I don't have much knowledge about it but what kind of restriction are we talking. im looking to use choiceair as a return on a TA next spring

I've never flown before so I don't have much knowledge about it but what kind of restriction are we talking. im looking to use choiceair as a return on a TA next spring

Bulk fare tickets often cannot be endorsed to another airline (i.e. if your flight is cancelled or greatly delayed, you have to wait for another flight on that same airline), often cannot be rerouted (i.e. if the flight is cancelled or greatly delayed you cannot switch to a different itinerary to get to where you want to go) and people holding bulk fare tickets are placed at the "end of the line" for standby accommodations on other flights (versus people who purchased higher priced tickets). If your flight is not cancelled, greatly delayed and you have no missed connections you will not even notice your ticket is any different than those who paid much more. However if you do experience a cancellation, lengthy delay or missed connection you have a much higher risk of incurring a huge hassle getting on another flight; as such if booking such a deeply discounted fare it is prudent to avoid tight connections and grant yourself ample wiggle room in case of a long delay or cancellation (preferably book a non-stop flight scheduled to arrive at least two days before you need to board the ship). It is high risk/high reward; you can save hundreds (or even thousands) but in the event something goes wrong one can be in a very frustrating, time consuming, stressful situation.

The only way I could afford TA'S is because of the cheaper fares on one way fares

I have no problems with Choice Air

Bulk fare tickets often cannot be endorsed to another airline (i.e. if your flight is cancelled or greatly delayed, you have to wait for another flight on that same airline), often cannot be rerouted (i.e. if the flight is cancelled or greatly delayed you cannot switch to a different itinerary to get to where you want to go) and people holding bulk fare tickets are placed at the "end of the line" for standby accommodations on other flights (versus people who purchased higher priced tickets). If your flight is not cancelled, greatly delayed and you have no missed connections you will not even notice your ticket is any different than those who paid much more. However if you do experience a cancellation, lengthy delay or missed connection you have a much higher risk of incurring a huge hassle getting on another flight; as such if booking such a deeply discounted fare it is prudent to avoid tight connections and grant yourself ample wiggle room in case of a long delay or cancellation (preferably book a non-stop flight scheduled to arrive at least two days before you need to board the ship). It is high risk/high reward; you can save hundreds (or even thousands) but in the event something goes wrong one can be in a very frustrating, time consuming, stressful situation.

so say I take my spring TA and I buy a choice air ticket home from rome, and theres a problem they will get me home sooner or later without charging me more money right? cause my plan was to use choice air and one of the cheapest ones had an 15hr layover in Istanbul which I thought would give me a little time to explore

The only way I could afford TA'S is because of the cheaper fares on one way fares

I have no problems with Choice Air

I hear ya. im doing the TA cause of how cheap they go for on Tuesday sale. as a solo travler the regular fare plus 200% supplement kills a lot of options

so say I take my spring TA and I buy a choice air ticket home from rome, and theres a problem they will get me home sooner or later without charging me more money right? cause my plan was to use choice air and one of the cheapest ones had an 15hr layover in Istanbul which I thought would give me a little time to explore

Yes, you will get home without incurring additional airfare - it just likely would take longer than if you had more expensive tickets.

I am not against Choice Air; I have used them before, but feel it is prudent to realize that with the deeply discounted tickets Choice Air is selling you are not receiving the same ticket as the more expensive ones sold by the airline and to weigh the added risks versus the monetary savings - then make an informed decision.

Yes, you will get home without incurring additional airfare - it just likely would take longer than if you had more expensive tickets.

I am not against Choice Air; I have used them before, but feel it is prudent to realize that with the deeply discounted tickets Choice Air is selling you are not receiving the same ticket as the more expensive ones sold by the airline and to weigh the added risks versus the monetary savings - then make an informed decision.

thank you so much for all the info. I think if I was using choice air to get to Europe I would be more afraid to use it but with my plans ill be using it at the end so worst case my vacation is made a day or 2 longer lol

huh? The last time I booked choice air, I had an economy class ticket on american airlines from Barcelona and could manage that reservation on the american airlines site. The only difference was that I paid a fare not offered on AA's web site because choice air had negotiated special one way fares. I also got AA miles for the flight.

So what won't AA do for me that I might have gotten if I had paid the AA one way fare directly to AA?

huh? The last time I booked choice air, I had an economy class ticket on american airlines from Barcelona and could manage that reservation on the american airlines site. The only difference was that I paid a fare not offered on AA's web site because choice air had negotiated special one way fares. I also got AA miles for the flight.

So what won't AA do for me that I might have gotten if I had paid the AA one way fare directly to AA?

how many international flight do you have to take to have enough miles for a free one

how many international flight do you have to take to have enough miles for a free one

Actually, you don't need any :) you can get air miles by using a credit card, getting a credit card, etc. This year, we actually flew RT to Singapore on Cathay Pacific in business class solely by getting three amex cards during a promotion last year (one of me, one for my wife and one for my business). We charged the required $3000 on each one (which added 9000 air miles) and cancelled the cards...but we got the bonus 225,000 air miles (75K per card) + 9000 air miles for the minimum required charge on each card without flying a mile.

What does that have to do with anything I said?!?

Archived