Serenity Area

How crowded is the Serenity Area, usually? I know it probably depends on how many people are on the cruise, but would it be reasonable to expect some real relaxation there any time of day, or is it a "get there early to get a chair" kind of atmosphere?

Also, are these areas enclosed or open? or does is depend on the ship?

On our recent cruise on the Glory if you wanted a 2 person "clam" style lounger or hammock you had to be out there by 8:00 a.m. or so. Some people even slept in them overnight and stayed all day. There was some movement throughout the day on the regular loungers but not alot. In this instance it was definitely early bird gets the worm.

It depends on your sun preferences. I sit out for a while, then have lunch and stay inside for a while. (Fear of too much sun.) Then I'll go out later in the afternoon, when a lot of people have headed inside.

If you want chairs in the middle of the day - they all get taken, so get there early.

How crowded is the Serenity Area, usually? I know it probably depends on how many people are on the cruise, but would it be reasonable to expect some real relaxation there any time of day, or is it a "get there early to get a chair" kind of atmosphere?

Also, are these areas enclosed or open? or does is depend on the ship?

Crowded most of the day. You may have some luck later in the day as someone else posted.

We've mostly gotten to enjoy it on port days when everyone else gets off.

The areas are all open in my experience.

You didn't mention what ship. We had no problem find places to sit in the Serenity area on the Imagination, but we were never able to find an open seat in the Serenity area on the Breeze.

This was the Serenity area on GLORY

Serenity-600.jpg

Yes it looks deserted:

this was the last New England and Canada cruise for 2011 ---Oct. 8-15th.

--leaving a Manhattan pier somewhere around 49th. or 50th. Street West.

This was the Serenity area on GLORY

Serenity-600.jpg

Yes it looks deserted:

this was the last New England and Canada cruise for 2011 ---Oct. 8-15th.

--leaving a Manhattan pier somewhere around 49th. or 50th. Street West.

This may sound like a really weird question, but shouldn't there be a hammock in that corner? On the Valor, there was..it was our favorite place to spend the day. We'll be on the Glory in less than 3 weeks and I'm hoping that it also has hammocks...

Just off the Liberty, it was a sold out cruise and I didn't have trouble finding a lounger during just after noon on sea days. In the evenings it is empty and a nice place to hang out in the hammock. Only complaint is that the hot tubs on serenity were lukewarm.

Would love to hear from anyone who has cruised the Dream tell me about its serenity deck :) Was it crowded? I'd love to sit in a clam for a little bit, not all day.

Sea days are a little crowded, but people come and go. We got there early on Sea days. This was a favorite hangout for us. Also, on the Dream the Serenity area is on 2 decks. Enjoy!

Would love to hear from anyone who has cruised the Dream tell me about its serenity deck :) Was it crowded? I'd love to sit in a clam for a little bit, not all day.

We never had trouble finding two loungers together or getting a clamshell. In fact, we never had trouble if we wanted shady or sunny. It was far less crowded than I was expecting. Spent all of our outside time on the serenity decks. The loungers and chairs were nicer than by the pools too.

Archived