Booking XC cabin.

swarling

Hi everyone

Can you please advise. I recently booked a XC category cabin on celebrity equinox for a cruise on 29th may 2013, when I booked I was informed that as it was a guarantee cabin, the stateroom may be allocated at any time, even just before sailing. I was shocked to see that within a couple of hours of booking I had been allocated a stateroom, my question is, is this stateroom final, or can it still be changed at anytime.

Thank you

Hi everyone

Can you please advise. I recently booked a XC category cabin on celebrity equinox for a cruise on 29th may 2013, when I booked I was informed that as it was a guarantee cabin, the stateroom may be allocated at any time, even just before sailing. I was shocked to see that within a couple of hours of booking I had been allocated a stateroom, my question is, is this stateroom final, or can it still be changed at anytime.

Thank you

There are two answers to your question.

1) Celebrity could change your cabin assignment since it was a guarantee and they occasionally do.

2) you could change your cabin assignment (if you are in the US) to any other available cabin in the category that they assigned you to. If you were assigned a C1 cabin, then you could call celebrity (or your TA) and request that it be changed to another cabin. If you want to see other cabins that are still available, start a booking on the celebrity (or other) site and when it gets to choose your cabin....any of the cabin's offered are still available.

IMHO, If you pick option 2 above, you significantly reduce the chance of 1 happening....but I'm sort of guessing at that.

Looks like you are a month and a half from sail date. Unlikely that they'd change it between now and then... but you never know.

If you like the cabin, do your on-line docs and that might reduce any chance of change. If you don't like your cabin, can't hurt to request an available cabin in the same category as mentioned above.

Hi everyone

Thank you

so did you get a good one or did you get a bad one

Hi everyone

Thank you

How did you realize that you had been assigned a cabin? Did you receive an email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you realize that you had been assigned a cabin? Did you receive an email?

Go to the celebrity web site and sign on to My Celebrity. Check your cruise to see if there is a room assigned. I think that may be the only way to find out, other than calling and asking.

I booked an AQ this week for the May 17 sailing on Equinox next month. They assigned me a cabin under the whirlpool. I called up my TA and they had it changed to 1605 no problem. So just as a data point, if a cabin in your category is open they can change it.

Go Gators

so did you get a good one or did you get a bad one

I originally booked a 2D balcony guarantee and got allocated a 1C balcony, I then noticed a couple of days before final payment that the concierge balcony price had dropped considerably, I asked my travel agent if I could change, celebrity changed my booking to XC concierge balcony and gave me a £300.00 refund back onto my payment card, within a couple of hours I was allocated a port side deck 10 midship balcony. I have never booked a guarantee before.

Dresterj

I logged onto the celebrity website, registered the cruise under my celebrity, and within a couple of hours it showed up with the cabin number.

Concierge is showing up as sold out for this cruise.

Thank you for all your help.

Dresterj

I logged onto the celebrity website, registered the cruise under my celebrity, and within a couple of hours it showed up with the cabin number.

Concierge is showing up as sold out for this cruise.

Thank you for all your help.

I had my TA switch me from a C3 where I selected the room to an Aqua guarantee for my May 31 cruise on last Saturday. My booking isn't showing a room assignment yet online. I guess I will have to be patient a little longer. Maybe it will be soon since they just eliminated the option for an Aqua guarantee.

I booked a guarantee last week for a cruise just 50 days out and my confirmation gave me a cabin assignment right away.

I didn't like the location, and I'd booked direct with "X" (it was the weekend and my usual online TA was closed and the spot price tooooo good to pass-up)

Soooo I called Celebrity and asked to switch within the category... and they did it for me!

The excellent rep even suggested a terrific over-sized balcony cabin in a very quiet section of the ship....

Call and ask... the worst that can happen is nothing

Edited by A Sixth?

• 6 months later...

Quick question.. I currently have a C3 guarantee booked, but an XC is also available for the same price. Do I realistically have a better chance of ending up in C2 if I book XC, or will I likely end up in the same cabin in C3 or XC? I'm figuring that in C3 they'll probably going to keep me in C3, but for XC they might move me. The cruise is 4 months out.

I should say that when I check on the Celebrity site, I only see guarantee cabins available in C3, but they list cabins in C1 and C2. I suppose if there really aren't C3's available at this time, and Celebrity assigns my cabin as quickly as they did the last time I booked guarantee, I could end up with an upgrade no matter what class I book in.

Edited by MisterBill99

I don't think it really matters since with either one can be assigned a C3 cabin but I would go with the generic XC gty just in case your reasoning is correct. You will most likely get an upgrade to a C1 or C2 cabin with either guarantee if that is all that is showing available.

I booked an XC guarantee last month for our Century cruise next month when there were slightly more C2 cabins, 11, than C1 cabins, 9, showing available and within a few days we were assigned a C1 cabin. In fact in I noted when checking availability for a friend that it was the C1 availability that went done first then the C2 cabins disappeared followed by Concierge cabins being sold out. Since there was a significant cost advantage with booking a guarantee I believe most, if not all, were assigned to this type of booking.

Note there are no C3 cabins on Century.

Edited by robtulipe

Thanks.. I'll ask the TA if she can change it. I paid $949 for the C3, which is a special group rate that an online agency has, but that is the same as the XC on Celebrity's site. The C3 is $1299 on Celebrity.com, the C2 is $1379 and the C1 is $1449. No matter what I get, I figure it's a great deal, but C1 or C2 would be nice, especially if I can get a bump cabin.

BTW, were there no C3 cabins available on your cruise, either?

Edited by MisterBill99

If you are changing, make sure you ask about any perks being offered.....you may find that with the guarantee, you no longer get some offer (eg. 1-2-3) that you currently have with your C3. Some of your travel agency perks may also change....don't assume anything...

Also..is the XC for new bookings only? That could be a problem as they sometimes don't allow you to cancel one cabin and book another as a new booking.

Just be careful. Also remember that C2 and C3 cabins are identical...the only difference is the location and there are some C3's that are subjectively better than some C2's.

Edited by ghstudio

Thanks.. I'll ask the TA if she can change it. I paid $949 for the C3, which is a special group rate that an online agency has, but that is the same as the XC on Celebrity's site. The C3 is $1299 on Celebrity.com, the C2 is $1379 and the C1 is $1449. No matter what I get, I figure it's a great deal, but C1 or C2 would be nice, especially if I can get a bump cabin.

BTW, were there no C3 cabins available on your cruise, either?

I wouldn't put too much effort in changing to a XC gty since I doubt it will make any difference and the price is the same with either.

As ghstudio mentioned also ensure that any other benefits like OBC from the TA doesn't vanish or get reuced as sometimes that is tied in with a group rate and I've seen it in the past where some group rates were not changable nor refundable.

Yes there were no C3 category cabins available as Century doesn't offer that category choice which is likely due to it's small size.

Good luck and post here what you get assigned

Edited by robtulipe

If you are changing, make sure you ask about any perks being offered.....you may find that with the guarantee, you no longer get some offer (eg. 1-2-3) that you currently have with your C3. Some of your travel agency perks may also change....don't assume anything...

Also..is the XC for new bookings only? That could be a problem as they sometimes don't allow you to cancel one cabin and book another as a new booking.

Just be careful. Also remember that C2 and C3 cabins are identical...the only difference is the location and there are some C3's that are subjectively better than some C2's.

Thanks. I told the TA to only make the change if it did not affect my OBC and if there is no fee to change. I don't think XC is for new bookings, this is a price they've had a for a few days. It went away for my cruise at the time that I booked (prices on the website went up temporarily) but was back that night.

I was originally looking at a different cruise, and for that one they had C3 cabins available and also XC for the same price. None of the C3 locations struck me as better than the other, and I was going to take the XC to see if I got upgraded. On the cruise I eventually booked, the C3 category only had Guarantee cabins available.

Which C3 locations might be considered better than C2? BTW I'm on Silhouette.

Which C3 locations might be considered better than C2? BTW I'm on Silhouette.

I would select a C3 just aft of the hump on deck 10 or 9 over the most forward std, not the larger angled balcony C2 cabin or the wheelchair assessible C2s way forward on deck 10 although some who aren't handicap would select the latter since they are 50% larger. IMO a lot of the extra space is taken up by the extra large toilet/roll in shower area and the ramps to access the bathroom and balcony;)

Edited by robtulipe

The travel agent made the change, she said it did not effect my "amenities". I'll post here when I get a cabin assigned.

Hi MisterBill...I am on the same sailing as you, and I just switched my room category as well. I was in a 1A for $1289/pp and switched to a balc guarantee (not concierge) for $799/pp.

Looks like the prices keep moving around- I check every day! $949 for XC is a great price, I think!

Hi MisterBill...I am on the same sailing as you, and I just switched my room category as well. I was in a 1A for $1289/pp and switched to a balc guarantee (not concierge) for $799/pp.

Looks like the prices keep moving around- I check every day! $949 for XC is a great price, I think!

If you're not picky about what cabin you get (at at least not $490x2 picky), the sale price is great. We're sailing with friends and they took a 2C, which was also available at the same $799 rate at the TA I booked with. She wanted something around mid-ship, so she might not have been thrilled with a guarantee assignment at the front or back, and was willing to put up with an obstructed view (which you may get with the guarantee, anyway). Hopefully they'll assign our cabins quickly. On my Baltic cruise this past summer, the assignment came thru in a few days (and no upgrade).

You should have upgraded to an XC since you'd still be saving money. Of course, I'm only doing Concierge because I ned another CC point to get to Elite. Otherwise, I'd likely be in a balcony as well.

Edited by MisterBill99

If you're not picky about what cabin you get (at at least not $490x2 picky), the sale price is great. We're sailing with friends and they took a 2C, which was also available at the same $799 rate at the TA I booked with. She wanted something around mid-ship, so she might not have been thrilled with a guarantee assignment at the front or back, and was willing to put up with an obstructed view (which you may get with the guarantee, anyway). Hopefully they'll assign our cabins quickly. On my Baltic cruise this past summer, the assignment came thru in a few days (and no upgrade).

You should have upgraded to an XC since you'd still be saving money. Of course, I'm only doing Concierge because I ned another CC point to get to Elite. Otherwise, I'd likely be in a balcony as well.

I was back and forth about XC versus X, but I figured, if we're not getting a big 1A balcony, then we may as well save as much $ as possible. The extra point in XC would have brought us from Classic to Select...but that wasn't too appealing, either. Our friends (new cruisers) decided to keep their 1A balcony, but I thought the $1,000 upfront savings was worth the roll of the dice.

And I think I only checked my reservation 7 times today for the assignment...I need to relax! ;)

And I think I only checked my reservation 7 times today for the assignment...I need to relax! ;)

Last cruise was our first as Select and it was nice, but I guess it's not worth the price difference like the jump from Select to Elite. I checked a few times but not 7. I think once a day is probably sufficient. I'm also waiting for our friends to show up under the family and friends section of my reservation.

Your friends really cared so much about their cabin to spend an extra $1k on it? Ouch. They can probably switch to an assigned C2 for the the price they're currently paying.

Edited by MisterBill99