Move aside, upgrade fairy coming through...

sluggo

So I'm sitting at work and I get a call from my wife. Apparently RCL left her a message about an upgrade for our 04-13 sailing. She couldn't get through to the person so we chalked it up as a loss. About 30 minutes later my cell phone tell me that I have a 2 new voicemails.

Long story short (too late) we were given an upgrade from our grand suite and interior rooms (our family of 7) - to the Royal Family Suite. She asked if we were ok with a 10% obstruction on the view ;) Aw gee, I think we can handle that.

Nothing like getting some good news a day prior to sailing.:D:D:D

so i'm sitting at work and i get a call from my wife. Apparently rcl left her a message about an upgrade for our 04-13 sailing. She couldn't get through to the person so we chalked it up as a loss. About 30 minutes later my cell phone tell me that i have a 2 new voicemails.

Long story short (too late) we were given an upgrade from our grand suite and interior rooms (our family of 7) - to the royal family suite. She asked if we were ok with a 10% obstruction on the view ;) aw gee, i think we can handle that.

Nothing like getting some good news a day prior to sailing.:d:d:d

like!!!

So I'm sitting at work and I get a call from my wife. Apparently RCL left her a message about an upgrade for our 04-13 sailing. She couldn't get through to the person so we chalked it up as a loss. About 30 minutes later my cell phone tell me that I have a 2 new voicemails.

Long story short (too late) we were given an upgrade from our grand suite and interior rooms (our family of 7) - to the Royal Family Suite. She asked if we were ok with a 10% obstruction on the view ;) Aw gee, I think we can handle that.

Sweet to the Suite

FanTABulous balcony! Enjoy it!

I hear these stories about the Upgrade Fairy and I WANT to believe, I REALLY do!! Having never experienced it for myself, it seems as far fetched as the tooth fairy! Maybe someday RCI will make a believer out of me.:D

P.S. Congratulations on your good fortune!

I hear these stories about the Upgrade Fairy and I WANT to believe, I REALLY do!! Having never experienced it for myself, it seems as far fetched as the tooth fairy! Maybe someday RCI will make a believer out of me.:D

P.S. Congratulations on your good fortune!

This is a very unusual upgrade...............gathering several rooms up into the RFS.

Let's all remember this one, next time an RC rep tells you that they never do this.

:D :D :D

We were upgraded last year to the RFS and didn't find out until checkin. There were only 2 of us. It was fab. A bathroom each. Wow. Loved the space ( although the balcony was small). Made a great cruise really special. Enjoy.

This is a very unusual upgrade...............gathering several rooms up into the RFS.

Let's all remember this one, next time an RC rep tells you that they never do this.

:D :D :D

I'm still shocked at how this one almost slipped away from us. When we originally wanted to book we wanted the RFS but cost was an issue. Opted instead to split between GS and interior. I never expected an upgrade, let alone 24 hours before sailing. It seems like they were pretty anxious to get a hold of me - tried my cell phone and also my father who was listed under my emergency contacts. I will be writing RC a nice letter on how they made 5 kids very happy.:D

I'm still shocked at how this one almost slipped away from us. When we originally wanted to book we wanted the RFS but cost was an issue. Opted instead to split between GS and interior. I never expected an upgrade, let alone 24 hours before sailing. It seems like they were pretty anxious to get a hold of me - tried my cell phone and also my father who was listed under my emergency contacts. I will be writing RC a nice letter on how they made 5 kids very happy.:D

Congrats again!! now you all have "suite status", which means that you can all enjoy the suite benefits. :):) The RFS is a great room, we don't qualify for it because we are a family of four. A couple of years ago, after final payment one became available and was offered on RCCL website for a family of four. We upgraded ourselves and enjoyed our room very much!!

Enjoy your suite!!!

Archived