Oceania road show in Toronto

commodoredave

We attended the Oceania presentation in Toronto today with all of the top brass from Oceania and Prestige. We have never been on an Oceania cruise before but we were so impressed by the presentation that we booked on the spot. Kunal Kamlani was very convincing and engaging, and even gave us personal advice on which cruise to take. They showed a video that was quite impressive, and changed my mind about Frank Del Rio who previously I had not been too keen on. It seems that FDR has created quite a special cruise line that we look forward to sailing with in 2014.

We attended the Oceania presentation in Toronto today with all of the top brass from Oceania and Prestige. We have never been on an Oceania cruise before but we were so impressed by the presentation that we booked on the spot. Kunal Kamlani was very convincing and engaging, and even gave us personal advice on which cruise to take. They showed a video that was quite impressive, and changed my mind about Frank Del Rio who previously I had not been too keen on. It seems that FDR has created quite a special cruise line that we look forward to sailing with in 2014.

I've been googling to find a Oceania presentation and never saw one. Are they having another one anytime soon?

Catherine

Ours was put on by our Mississauga-based travel agency which is one of the largest upscale and luxury cruise line booking agencies in the world. From what Kunal said, this is something they do with the top agencies in thne world, and not too frequently. I suggest you check with Oceania to see if one will coming to your area. I was impressed by what I saw and learned.

Hi commodoredave.

I am curious, what did you learn from the presentation that you didn't know before?

I don't think Oceania will be putting on a presentation in Edmonton, so I would like as many details as you would like to give.

Thank you very much.

There were two things that stood out:

1) The effort and expense to make the cuisine aboard Oceania not only the best on the sea, but equivalent to the best restaurants ashore.

2) The fact that they hire the best waiters and hotel staff they can find from land rather than from other cruise lines so they have the right attitude and skills to start with and can be given the Oceania DNA of great customer service.

They showed a video that was compelling from the beginning of the line to where it is today. The President was there and talked to everyone like we were old friends. I am a very tough sell after 59 cruises, but I booked on the spot.

There were two things that stood out:

1) The effort and expense to make the cuisine aboard Oceania not only the best on the sea, but equivalent to the best restaurants ashore.

2) The fact that they hire the best waiters and hotel staff they can find from land rather than from other cruise lines so they have the right attitude and skills to start with and can be given the Oceania DNA of great customer service.

They showed a video that was compelling from the beginning of the line to where it is today. The President was there and talked to everyone like we were old friends. I am a very tough sell after 59 cruises, but I booked on the spot.

There is nothing like "the real thing" i.e. actually sailing with Oceania.

Chances are very good that you will become addicted to them much like most of us here are.

Enjoy!

Thank you. We are going on our first Oceania cruise this November TA. It is my 6 th cruise, ( wow you have been on 59 cruises!!) looking forward to 2 weeks on board the Riveria.

Are you on Enchanted Passage, Barcelona to Miami? Have you joined the roll-call?

Would have been fun to go to that presentation, although I would never have been invited, since I have a different TA. Plus I'm already "sold", so to speak.

I can thoroughly recommend Oceania. We have been on two cruises with them and would go on more except there are very few from the UK and my husband hates flying.

We have been with a number of cruise lines and Oceania is the best. The food and service are really great. There is no extra charge for the speciality restaurants. We like the fact that the dining is open seating and you can dine when you want.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Sweep

This type of presentation is "to the trade", not for cruisers.

There are tours available, again to the trade, when the O ships are in port.

For Canada, I know of scheduled stops in Quebec, Montreal, and various maritime ports on the east coast. And of course the Alaska side stops in Vancouver and Victoria.

I glad you were impressed, so are we.

This type of presentation is "to the trade", not for cruisers.

This event was for a big travel agency & their invited clients to encourage them to try O out

The events at the port are for TA's & their invited guests to view the ship

It is a way of attracting new passengers to Oceania that may not choose them otherwise

Lyn

Are you on Enchanted Passage, Barcelona to Miami? Have you joined the roll-call?

Would have been fun to go to that presentation, although I would never have been invited, since I have a different TA. Plus I'm already "sold", so to speak.

Hi Wendy,

Yes we are going on the Enchanted Passage and joined the Roll Call a while ago. We have joined a private excursion for tangiers. Still need a tour for Azores. Looking forward to a wonderful time.

Thanks for your comments, freda

It should be interesting to compare and contrast the prodigal son to the red headed step child.

Hi Wendy,

Yes we are going on the Enchanted Passage and joined the Roll Call a while ago. We have joined a private excursion for tangiers. Still need a tour for Azores. Looking forward to a wonderful time.

Thanks for your comments, freda

Freda, looking forward to meeting you, sorry I didnt' recognize your name--the list is quite long. I should post over there--we booked a private guide for Azores. Many of the guides are already booked, not surprisingly, but I have read that just hiring a cab at the dock is a viable option.

Hi Wendy.

Do you know if any private tours still have room for 2 more? I asked a while back on the roll call but no one replied. I guess that is my answer.

Looking forward to meeting you as well. Freda

Freda, you could email me at w_harrison_ca at yahoo dot ca and we can talk about it. I will be travelling for a couple of days, so don't worry if you don't get a reply for a while.

Archived